1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 7th Dec)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 7, 2018.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Bielsa has been speaking to the YEP regarding strengthening the squad in the New Year.

El Loco revealed that he expected January to pass without any major signings, saying he “didn’t see the need to bring new players in now.”

“I’m very happy with and the players Victor Orta brought to the club,”

“I don’t see the need to bring any other player in now.

“If it’s a player better than the ones we have then I would agree with the fact that he comes but I know how expensive that could be. And when a new player comes he doesn’t have the same advantage as the ones who are already present.

He has to adapt to the team, the style of work, the city and the club. “For the second part of the season, when you buy a player it has an impact on the club’s finances because the big players are not easily available.

Apart from a situation where the team needs someone and the possibility of having a player is clear, we won’t buy anyone.

Now, lets have a look at our injury list this season, and the amount of weeks the player(s) have currently been sidelined!

Forshaw 6

Dallas 4

Jansson 3

Cooper 2

Hernandez 7

Berardi 6

Roofe 6

Bamford 14

Douglas 4

Harrison 1

Ayling 5

Pearce 4

Blackman dead

BPF 1

Let us also remember that Cooper, Dallas, Ayling and Berardi are all out until the New Year!

Is Bielsa saving face to maintain his stance on player transfers?

Has Radrizzani told the Argentine that the coffers are bare in January?

By not strengthening in the New Year, will it put Leeds at a disadvantage compared to our competitors who bring new faces in!

Given the chance to replace our loanees (apart from Brown), who would take that gamble?

Leedsoflondon and Whitejock like this.
  2. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

If he gets us up under these conditions he's a miracle worker

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

I think the funds are there if Bielsa wants them, the clue for me is Bielsa saying “If it’s a better player I’ll agree” which is also a relief as it confirms (to me) that he does have final say, Orta finds the player, offers him to Bielsa and the coach has the final yes or no, exactly as it should be.

I’ve been thinking about the transfer window too. If Halme and Clarke had cost £5m each and had been signed from a top flight continental club, would we have been excited at their debuts? Are we not giving the U23s enough credit?? Bartley now for £5m or Halme?

If we do make a signing I just hope they don’t arrive injured and that they arrive in week one so that we get some use out of them after they adept to the style Bielsa demands

Just to note Ayling ahead of schedule, back this month according to Bielsa

bucks_is_leeds, dbc, Gessa and 4 others like this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

I agree with Ristac as Bielsa says a better player will be allowed to come in, and he plays a good game of keeping prices down because if the world knew he wanted a winger the price would rocket.

The coaching at TA is now all about what the first team need. So the u18s play like the U23s who play like the first team. U23s are the reserves for the first team and when called upon each player knows his job and whats expected. Its brilliant, very effective and improves the kids much faster and shows if they are capable of making it as real footballers. Can't argue with the results of this so far because Bielsa says we are ok whilst we all panic saying we don't have enough?

Goalkeeper, winger and striker are still the main stories in the media at home and abroad. Winger is a biggy because hearing that Harrison needs to step up now and it seems that Cibicki was brought back early to move him on elsewhere. Alioski may get dropped for a rest and Izzy Brown may get used out wide, but Brown is really the replacement for Saiz. Clarke is a temporary fix as it seems he isnt capable of doing 90 minutes at this level just yet

Victor Orta will decide if Lewie Coyle comes back next month. This is now crunch time for Coyle who is now 22 and a regular first teamer at Fleetwood. He's RWB who plays every minute of every match and last season won player of the year. If he comes back he will go into the first team as RB and understudy for Ayling. If he doesn't you can guarantee he will be let go by Leeds as that means he cant replace even Shackelton

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  5. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. What Marcelo says is common sense. There is no point in signing players who will not improve the ream.

6. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

He already is in my opinion Bucks

7. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning all
    Absolutely,gone now is the scatter gun approach,they now will have to be good enough,to play for Leeds United,this way is also financially sound,(better to pay one higher wage for quality,than five medium ones for mediocrity) this season has been a breath of fresh air at the club,which has been long overdue.
    Well done to management & Bielsa and his staff <applause>.

8. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

RIP Pete Shelley. The Buzzcocks were up there with the best and his songs were pure quality.

bucks_is_leeds, FORZA LEEDS and OLOF like this.
  9. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

He doesn't look like the kind of bloke who likes a bit of reaming<whistle>

ellandback likes this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Always remember the atmosphere when the buzzcocks were gigging. A time when it was expected that all new bands were called by sex toys. Buzzcocks wanted to be called Vibrators but there was already a band called that. The look on newsreaders faces this morning when they said ‘buzzcocks’ it took them nearly 18 hours to mention on the BBC as must have a training course first

FORZA LEEDS likes this.

11. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with 2 signings but they have to improve the team not the squad.

There's too much at stake no to speculate now. £10m on the right players could bring in 15 times by getting promotion .

12. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

I never got to see them unfortunately but did see Magazine with Howard Devoto so got to see them perform Shot By Both Sides which equates to Lipstick in Buzzcock terms.

Doc likes this.
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Gessa Phil hay says he is sure a new keeper is going to happen and he also says a left winger. There's also a story being pushed about the Al-Saad striker I mentioned last week in the transfer sticky above. This new report states that Leeds have gone back with a bigger offer for the Algerian Bhagdad as his worth is rising weekly due to scoring 55 goals so far this year.

Farsleyexile and Gessa like this.
  14. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Be happy with that Doc, it's all about improving the first 11 now.

Doc likes this.
  15. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Interesting stat on FB today, from StatZone:

Leeds United have faced fewer shots on target than any other team in the Championship this season (63), with only Middlesbrough conceding fewer goals (13) than the Whites (17).

Tells quite a story, doesn't it.

16. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Good morning Matt & all

By the end of January the total games missed from our main players will total way over 125 games I suspect :shock:

Incredible achievement from Bielsa & his players left standing so far !

17. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

But rads will not pay for quality hes already selling ten game season tickets to raise cash.my view is we will buy none .

18. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

So who is he sending back from the loan players and can we send any back ?.just curious because a left winger is a must.

19. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Like lots of stats it says what you want it to say! To me it says we dominate possession and the best form of defence is attack. To some it will say BPF has hardly any shots to save but still lets them all in!

It’s obviously a good thing, the only observation i would make is that the way we play, the chances we give out are generally good ones. If you park the bus like a lot of teams do you tend to allow shots from outside the box and half chances inside it. We on the other hand, leak from set pieces or give the ball away and get outnumbered on the counter... just a result of our style of play. We will need more chances to score than the opposition all being equal.

Whitejock likes this.
  20. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Morning

If (when, of course) we beat QPR we will be on 2.0 points a game average. Keep that up and auto is virtually guaranteed.

Staying positive - I read somewhere (haven’t checked the facts but I like it) that of 27 teams on this number of points or more at this point in the season, over the last 18 years, only 4 failed to get promoted. Hope that’s true.

ristac, leeds60 and southernwhite like this.