1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 21st June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 21, 2019.

1. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Whilst I knew much of the content - there were bits I didn’t.... but that article is an eye-opening read.... and as good an advert for investing in the academy as you will see <ok>

Whitejock and Irishshako like this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Both need investment, academy and senior squad. Otherwise anything worthwhile like Clarke gets sold off while we languish outside the pl. that’s the unfortunate eality

3. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Good morning Eire, any matches planned?

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Sunday 23rd June

Been checking the latest transfer rumors and to be fair nothing of substance for any club in the EFL so looks like being later before anything concrete gets over the line for anyone. FFFP rules biting but in all my years of seeing transfer stories and laughing at some of the journalism I have never been as shocked as I am with the latest on Leeds. yesterday I mentioned Buffon well more media involvement today and more newspapers from around Europe especially Portugal as Buffon was wanted badly by Porto to replace Casillas after his heart attack and also Brazilian side Flumenese were wanting him, but now Leeds apparently talking to him????

A story that started doing the rounds yesterday was Villa in for Kalvin Phillips and Kinnear telling them OK but the price is £30m. So if true Leeds are saying hands off unless you offer silly money???

Another story on the Clarke to Spurs front is an agreement for Spurs to pay us £15m and loan him straight back because Pochetino wants him coached/schooled in a way only Bielsa can do???

5. Irishshako

Morning Doc, I was only thinking that regarding Clarke, although I don't want us to sell him, a loan him back deal would be good. As for the keeper, he can't be worse than that Spanish lad.<ok>

Doc and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  6. Eireleeds1

Supporters club were meeting last night to discuss fixtures so I’ll ge governed more or less by then. I know they’re planning September. Mid season and last game of season so far. Watch this space

Irishshako likes this.
  7. Eireleeds1

Paul Robinson is a year younger than Buffon <yikes> I’d prefer him

8. Irishshako

Nice one Eire..<ok>

9. Eireleeds1

They had a piss up in Galway last night. End of season/start of season thing. To be honest not sure I’m arsed with the flying thing much this season, far too much hassle with sky ****in around with fixtures. Ferry suiting far better as they move the dates to tie in with any sky messing

Irishshako likes this.
  10. Irishshako

I'm taking a gamble with the flights for florist and the derby game, but it has to be done. A bit too far a head but as you know I always go to a home game nearest my birthday on Paddys day, this year its Fulham on a Weds, got hotel booked.<ok>

Eireleeds1 likes this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The world gets funnier and I can only assume some London journo with links to West Ham have put 2+2 together and got 34, because Kinnear has links to WHU stories about Snodgrass were ridiculed late last week (can you imagine Snods busting a gut in Bielsaball) but yesterday and again today Leeds in for Payet. Payet was sold from WHU to Marseille for £27m so explain how we buy or loan him please.......

Irishshako likes this.
  12. Eireleeds1

Exactly why 99% of the rumours are nonsense. Difficulty is figuring out the 1% that’s accurate

13. Irishshako

Exactly Eire, it's like the tranny rumours:grin:

14. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Someone's obviously having a joke, but I reckon it's a misprint and should read 30,000 Quid.

There's no way Phillips is worth 30,000,000 quid, if so, Jansson must be 50,000,000, Alioski 50,000,000, even Pablo at his age would be worth 20,000,000 quid.

Irrespective of my opinion of Phillips, he's stupid if he doesn't jump at the chance to play in prem, there's no guarantees we'll be promoted this season either. I reckon you're going to see a mediocre performance from Phillips this season, with even more sideways and backward passing. Many Villa fans don't rate him highly either.

If we sell Forshaw he'll come back to bite us on arse, he'll haunt us all season.

Buying Bufon at 41, sorry, as good as he was, too old for Championship.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/...act-to-leeds-uniteds-asking-price-for-kalvin/

15. Irishshako

Thanks for your positive input LL...:grin:

16. milkyboy

Yup, you have to look after the here and now or the future never happens. The figures are mind blowing, though. No wonder so many teams find themselves in the financial doo dah

Irishshako likes this.
  17. milkyboy

When the move was first mooted there were loads of villa fans drooling. ‘Only guy to have freakish in his pocket all season’ etc. They’re understandably cooler at 30m.

No-one thinks he’s worth that... it’s called saying he’s not for sale unless you want to make a ridiculous offer.

You’re right if the Prem comes knocking he should take it though. Same goes for any player. Could break a leg next season... fall out of form/favour etc.

18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Wondering whats wrong with Danny Alves as we aint been linked to him yet seeing as hes a free agent now

Oh wait

Irishshako and Eireleeds1 like this.
  19. Irishshako

Maybe I'm naive or old fashioned, but isn't it great that he wants to stay at our club, for the moment anyway.<ok>

Whitejock likes this.
  20. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

As always Shaks, you're very welcome......<hug>

Irishshako likes this.