1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 17th May)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 17, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

YEP journo Phil Hay has been speaking to his connections in Argentina regarding Bielsa's plans for next season, and its good news for Leeds fans:-

“My understanding from people in Argentina is that Bielsa is minded to stay put give it another go at Leeds next season. But as ever, you’d be loathed to second guess him.”

Obviously, this only gives an indication but good news all the same.

Bielsa will want assurances over transfers. The problem is that there won’t be a lot of money to spend at Elland Road this summer.

Will he have to see before he buys?

Perhaps he should get some decent loanee's in?

If you had to write up a list of 13 players that you would release today, who would be on the list?

Which youngsters would you imagine would be ready to make the leap to the first team next season?

Transfer speculation on incoming players is already hotting up with Barcelona B forward Rafa Mujica and Forest Green Winger Reece Brown being linked to a Summer move to Elland Road.

ristac likes this.
  2. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

I just hope it’s right over Bielsa, he now has a full season under his belt and will be better equipped both in what players he needs and in mind. Orta has to pull all the stops out and supply what he requires, get rid of the dross, them players out on loan and are not going to get into the side, flog em and get what we can for them, the U23 side has got some great prospects let’s hope they get there chance to impress.
    One thing is for sure we shall be better and stronger next season, blow em all away hopefully and do it the auto route.

3. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

I feel everyone's pain, 47 games for me has taken it's toll

I've been so distraught to even post about the game even though deep down I've always believed Villa would win the play-offs.

What hurt me most is at 2-0 just minutes before half-time we looked comfortable & should have managed the game with ease. Then boom once again we beat ourselves by gifting the rams in a crazy twenty minute period that ultimately cost us in the end. This is not the first time we've blown a game this season, some of our players are simply not good enough mentally or physical to be winners, average players will always make critical & indiscipline errors. All my initial views, reservations & fears I've bored/irritated people on here have comeback to haunt us!

Personally I feel like I'm in mourning, lost heart & far too raw/emotional to post up my opinions right now. I just want forget Leeds United for three months & enjoy the summer.

4. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

If you read my previous posts Matt.....Bielsa is staying at Leeds United, not speculation or forum views.

Information straight from the horses mouth

Also our best player of the season Phillips is the first likeliest departure, his handshakes & humanity to our fans at the end of the Derby game said it all

Bids on the table, more information from Thorpe Arch

5. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone <doh>
    All i'm gonna say over transfer speculation is,that we get some players in that are immediately ready to play in the first team,couple of seasoned ex pl pro's,will do who will help guid any youngsters from the u23's,so that we will hit the ground running,and will not fade as the season progresses.What i don't personally want to hear that we have signed some wonder kid from a polish or whatever B team that will be the next Messi in two years time,i want promotion next year while i am still relatively young enough to enjoy it,not in 2-5 years time,& you can call me an impatient twat or whatever,but i'm still mad <grr>

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    ristac, Eireleeds1 and 2 pennth like this.
  6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

If Bielsa stays I am looking forward to next season, a major blow if Phillips departs but I think we are going to need the big money we receive for him to finance the 2-3 players we are short.

I'm hoping Clarke gets his form back preseason and I am excited at the prospect of Shackleton starting more games and I am hearing good things about the form of Wilkes.

The majority of those out on loan can go for me, along with Bamford, Kiko, Berardi and Forshaw, I wouldn't even mind Pablo hanging up his boots as he causes a conundrum.

Pablo has been poor for at least the last five games but before that he was on fire, if we had dropped him after his last good game we would have went mad, with the hindsight of his last 5 games we're probably feeling he should be used more sparingly but how do you determine or how does Bielsa determine sparingly and is that a luxury we can afford?

In an ideal world, I would like to see 5 players arrive, a new striker, a replacement for Pablo a replacement for Saiz and a new CB and Keeper but would that be unfair to those that were on top for much of the Derby game?

If we had a striker like Pukki this season we would have went up in the Autos, if Kiko hadn't made that wild rush out and error we would be playing Villa in the final, we are not a million miles away and new signings will depend greatly on how good Bielsa feels the U23s are.

southernwhite likes this.
  7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

You comments are always honest and accurate in my book and welcome. It they irritate anyone its only cos the truth hurts sometimes.
    Morning all by the way. If theres gonna be little cash around, well be lucky to even make playoffs next season as Bielsa has said this squad wont be as good.
    But in the end, thats completely up to rads and his ability to attract investors / investment or willingness to. Anyway off to a corporate horse racing thing after dinner. Not really my kind of thing but will make a nice distraction from footie and this weeks fiasco

ristac likes this.
  8. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of changing my name to impatient twat <laugh>:emoticon-0148-yes:

9. Eireleeds1

Well get 7m for him in stage payments probably

10. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

Well said and sums up my feelings too.

11. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Incontinence pants will keep a sheet cleaner than Kiko casilla,so he would be the first to go.

OLOF likes this.
  12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Still numb, still want to blow up Derby

Not sure if anyone noticed but Roofe was on the pitch in conversation with Radz the other night. I know contract talks were put off until we knew where we were but Roofe posted a tweet yesterday thanking the fans and it looked to me like a goobye?

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

If Roofe left, and we got good money for him, it might not be a bad thing.

Injuries or not, we need a 25 goal hit man

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Does anyone have a hotel room they need to sell for the play off final.

If so, we could put a thread up, and I could advertise on twitter.

15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Pulis has been sacked by Boro

16. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Quote from Biela two weeks ago: “Remember what I say now because you’ll be able to verify it. You won’t find a single player in our team who would be able to reproduce the same level of performance in another season because we’ve been very demanding with them.

“They’ve given everything and they have figures I’m checking all the time which show what I’m saying is true. The players won’t be able to reproduce the levels they have shown in another season.”

17. Eireleeds1

Give your head a shake <doh>

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  18. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a dull Bardsey
    Well we already know that are owner has no cash so we have to sell in order to get new playersinand the saleable ones are Clark JENSON Roofe and Phillipslets hope we find a striker because Bamford has been a flop We need a fast winger and a CB along with a pacey box to box player

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Woodgate looks like the fav to take over at Boro

20. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

That is unless he gets injured ?