1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Law and Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

And me
    But I'm easily swayed <laugh><laugh><cheers>

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Raver
    The company was called Euromail, pretty sure they went bust.

raver likes this.
  3. raver

raver Well-Known Member

Thanks RP but Euromail is one i don't remember. RP are you still in the print game?

4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

yea he works from home ...printing posters … LJ OUT ...etc...LOL:emoticon-0112-wonde

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

<laugh>

raver likes this.
  6. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Think he’s about 80 something now mate :emoticon-0105-wink:

Redprintt likes this.
  7. Redprintt

Raver
    I'm fairly recently retired but still dabble when previous clients need help sourcing and/or supplying print. I started in the hot metal era and finished with digital seemingly dropping from the sky.
    In the mid 80's I was a board member of Robert Maxwell's British Printing Corporation. I had 'disagreements' with Maxwell (and others), resigned and paddled my own canoe until 2018.
    For Rod's sake I'm 70 next time <laugh>.

Angelicnumber16, raver and RedorDead like this.
  8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I hope you got your pension from your time with Maxwell RP.

raver likes this.
  9. johngalleyfan2

blimey another young'un

10. Redprintt

In 87 my accountants first piece of advice was to do a Pension 32 buy out. It took 2 years to retrieve it from Maxwell's clutches, 3 years before he 'jumped ship'.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    bcfcredandwhite likes this.

11. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Section 32 buy out worked for me RP. Had a company pension scheme with a provider and when I packed in the business in 2008 decided against taking the benefits from them.

I opted for a section 32 buy out and transfered the gross fund value to a drawdown policy on a trusted platform. It also allowed me to take the 40% cash payment frozen in April 2006 rather than the reduced 25% that came in that year.

I take drawdowns (subect to tax of course) as I want it and am not tied to the fixed monthly offering of the original plan nor that of a low yield annuity. I've got control of the pot and I like it that way.

12. RedorDead

13. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

I see latest studies suggest around 21-25% of New Yorkers might already have the antibodies for this virus.

Any of you guys think you've already had it? It would be nice if most of us already had it and were asymptomatic, however wishful that may be.

14. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I thought I'd read somewhere that there was no guarantee you couldn't get it a second (or third) time if you'd already had it ?

15. johngalleyfan2

indeed it is so new a strain that everything about it is new ground. One of the saddest things about the human race is its diversity [ that's what makes us human I suppose?] but, like our planet there at least 2 different "poles" opposites!
    positive and negative …. unfortunately negativity is the greater, as it infers fear so is always the most "in your face" or "peddled" aspect. Analyse a newspaper and negative column inches outweigh positive many fold and humans are the same.
    Millions of testing kits were sold by a company that could tell if anti bodies were present in the body of those that had knowingly had it and those that had not known if they had …. UK government and others "got their money back?" as the failure of test results were similar in the known and unknown .. it was pot luck! so until there is a test to say you have antibodies take it you have not. Now before peeps jump in most tests done in a laboratory controlled environment on surviving patients show anti bodies present. the vaccine tests will hopefully involve these individuals? to see if re infection is a likely …..
    it also as Angelic says... an unknown on repeating after 2 times!.. however providing the virus does not mutate violently the bodies capacity to store "antibody information should enable a quicker reaction, we "mostly" all get repeat common colds some more often, serious, than others ...or get the flu ….. some of us without the injection do not [ or if we do very short and mild ].
    it is like being in a different world for the first time … like the long lost tribes of the amazon … died from the common cold!

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  16. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Yeah good point. There's all sorts of info flying about at the moment and it's hard to know what's true. From what I'd read, it seems they expect a second, much less harsh, strain to come along if it behaves like others, but that was a while ago and was probably completely theoretical anyway.

17. RedorDead

It’s now showing different signs in young children, who they believed was not really at risk of Covid. So I would not be surprised if it’s mutating. I think I have read it’s already mutated from the first time it reared it’s head.

18. RedorDead

19. johngalleyfan2

quite an informative 6 mins whilst not confirming they actually had anything to do with releasing it, LABS, it needs to be held in context. so far we know the professor that died tried to raise the alarm over its danger … he had informed a number of compatriots as well … other sources have stated that [ known fact bats carry corona type virus's ] the route to humans is from bats, via a host animal, TO people. we need a whistle blower to categorically state " lab to the outside world" because person infected / items infected not disposed off properly, animals as guinea pigs escaped /poorly disposed of …... or worse still was "trialled in humans!!!!!"
    it seems the US $ was being used in a dozen countries to investigate the corona strain … maybe transfer of "specimens went wrong?" although there is info .. collaborated .. it still falls in the category of conspiracy!

20. RedorDead

Am I stupid and missing something here?
    Preston just said on News at 10 he expects the PM to lift some rules on exercise and thinks parks will start opening up whilst some sectors like construction go back to work.
    Watching Sky news showing a construction site saying we’re great we abide by the 2 metre rule. Twice during that interview whilst walking down a corridor two people walked past well within 2 metres, then when the reporter spoke to site man on top of the scaffolding they were approx 1 metre apart.
    Has the virus shot of somewhere else? Or have we got a cure/ vaccine for it already?

We are below R 1 value, because hardly anyone goes out. It will rise as fast if not faster if we start thinking we can go back to gathering in parks, construction sites and so on.