1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Latest Wokeism

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Angelicnumber16, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Yes the T there refers to gender identity not sexuality.

2. Cliftonville

3. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

NO COMMENT!

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

There has been a lot of (understandable) criticism of Bristol mayors and councils on here over the years for their crackpot policies, but presumably they get there because people vote them in!!!
    Since I can remember, Bristol has traditionally LOVED these types - it's been more of a left-voting area than the 'Red Wall' north of England. The critical voices on these boards must be representative of a minority

... either that or Bristolians in general simply moan about the politicians but vote for them anyway because they don't know how to vote any other way.......

6. Angelicnumber16

Unfortunately, like nearly all major UK cities, Labour control them all at a local level.
    But yes, the ethnics, lefties, and free thinkers must vote them in because I certainly wouldn't.
    What I object to is the way in which only certain areas of the city (such as St Pauls, Stapleton etc) get to vote on whether to rename roads and erase our history, while the rest of us are expected to go along with their radical and stupid ideas and not be offended by it.
    Racism at play again.

7. Cliftonville

I dont consider myself to be anything other than working class. I fail to see why a festival applealing to middle class people, and being attended by middle class people is a concern.

There is a prejudice present.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  8. realred1952

saw a comment on Marv's first time election ... % of people that voted was less than 15% ... and more than 60% of the votes came from 3 "central to NE post codes BS1 BS2 ???? " 2nd election voters very low 2 or 3 prominent areas?! ? ... vote for NO mayor was more than double the voters of t 2 previous elections !! such bad mayoral decisions / reign for last 5-6 years allowed Marv TO get dubious title of " killing off the Bristol mayor" .
    Along the lines of Red Trousers ... we would likely be much better off and voting for a mayor next time..............

9. realred1952

Bristol city council has wasted £m's even go so far as to say £bn over the years .. just down the road from me band d [ same as mine ] are paying far far less council tax but enjoy the same ameneties as we get!!!... so called

10. Angelicnumber16

Amenities = very little across the city from what I can see

11. realred1952

fantastic police force loads of regular buses regular road sweepings & rubbish collections parks and events etc etc ... hang on might have the wrong City ............

12. Angelicnumber16

Changing the topic just slightly
    696 illegals crossed the English Channel yesterday, which is a new record for a single day.
    UK Border Force intercepted 14 small boats/dinghies, and the French managed just 1.
    Thanks for the international co-operation France.

Also learned that for each illegal that claims asylum and is allowed to stay, which I'm sure will be all of them, and as we tilt from being a Christian to a Muslim majority country, the successful applicants can then bring other 4 or more family members here to join them. So the 30,000 that crossed last year could be as high as 150,000 in the end. All will need housing, benefits, NHS treatments, clothing etc.
    We should start building houses on beaches for UK citizens so we can be washed away at high tide to make room for all the people that have no right to be here in the first place.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  13. Angelicnumber16

The loony left Bristol Council have a lot to answer for.

Good to see the Tory member say that what is being discussed re the Harbour Festival does not represent what the citizens of Bristol want, but when does any council decision get to be seen by us the tax payer until it's a done deal unless your from a minority, whose opinion is far more important clearly.

The items for discussion are
    1) That having the festival in the harbour area has echoes of colonialism and of the slave trade - Oh dear, if you don't like it then move elsewhere
    2) Minority groups don't approve of fast food or the drinking culture that goes with the festival - I repeat, oh dear, if you don't like it then move elsewhere, or here's another idea, just don't go to it if you object to the majority of attendees having a good time.
    3) Boats and sailing is associated with white middle class people - Oh dear, etc etc

The festival is free and open to all people of all races, cultures and orientation, be they from Bristol or not.
    I'm sure the Mayor and his woke cronies won't be happy until the harbour is filled in and replaced with a Hip Hop venue.

And if this festival gets changed in line with what's being discussed then people should take this Council to the cleaners as it's just ridiculous. And I don't even go to it !

The only appeal this mayor has is to the minorities.

He doesn't reflect what I want for my city, and he never has, be that the Airport, Concert Venue, policing, allowing statues to be torn down and not replaced and letting people in certain postcodes vote on changing the names of roads.

The people that will suffer from these changes, if they come in, are local hotels catering for people who come from outside of the city, plus local bars and restaurants around the harbourside, food and other stalls on the day, and of course the attending general public, who I would guess would rather things stayed as they are given how popular the event is.

What's next ? Get shot of the world famous Bristol Balloon Festival too ? Tear down the Clifton Suspension Bridge ? Sink the SS Great Britain ?

He is no friend of Bristol or of Bristolians, and I for one will raise a glass and 2 fingers when he's gone, and not in a Churchill salute.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  14. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more with you're message Angelic!

Strangely enough, Bristol was built around the harbour area hundreds of years before the ****ing slave trade that they always harp on about!

If they don't like it that much, fill the bloody thing in, pull down the Suspension Bridge and raze Bristol to the ground!! At least the whole area could be rebuilt with their vision totally at the fore!! <grr><grr>

15. Cliftonville

Bristol City Council have massively overspent on the Colston (Beacon) project. Its 104m so far for a project that was meant to be 54m. Juicy Marvin signs this off.

The venue is going into partnership with TV production firm, Plimsoll Productions to produce? Don't know. Cost? Don't know.

Plimsoll directors include - Team - Plimsoll Productions

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  16. Angelicnumber16

Absolutely !
    The Bristol merchants were dealing their wares and trading in commodities such as wool, grain, spices and wood up in Corn Street back in late medieval times, when Bristol Harbour was also part of where the centre is now. Long before it was covered over, along with the River Frome.

Overall I'm sick to death of being classed as a second class citizen in my own city and country, despite working and paying high taxes and NI for over 40 years.

Come to Bristol and be a minority, get loads of free benefits, then get asked your personal opinion on how a city that you have no connection with, no appreciation of the history of (other than what you're brainwashed about re slavery), should look and be run for your convenience, against the wishes of the true inhabitants who have lived here all their lives.

****ing nonsense for ****ing entitled trespassers.

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  17. Angelicnumber16

Sounds like another great payday for the crooked Mayor to me. I'm sure he's on a good kickback for his 'input'.

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  18. realred1952

marvin is a non exec director of Plimsoll... guess what will be on the salaried staff when his time for mayor is done!! "conflict of interests"

Bristol History will doubtless show that between 2016 & 2024 the poor and often onesided showing of the "mayor" led to a vote to not have another one ... with targets and overspends and undecisive project managements irrefutably FAILED. Tried to obliterate the real HISTORY of Bristol, but likely history will now have a link highlighting its history with ITS FEW years involvement with the slave trade due to the removal of Edward Colston .............. The citizens of Bristol have lost out massively with what may have been over the past 8 years ... money from increased council tax and .gov has left little if anything to show for £m's wasted ...

19. realred1952

please log in to view this image
    who is the only one missing from this picture??????

20. realred1952

Barclays bank always have a human as the opening page of their online banking log in. Since the Bristol RIOTS,the dominance likeTV adverts has gone from primarily white British to multi racial, with pendulum swinging into the realms of wokeism?
    today the opening page has replaced the queen, which one would have hoped would have at least continued until the end of the week! alas how long now before the present image ends!
    I record most programmes on advert TV channels so I may fast forward through them, stopping occassionly for the odd one ... like meerkats etc... [ also 1 hour programme can usually be watched in 40 mins max ] from full speed after 4 mins reduce to half speed then you can start spot on! 3 episodes of a series can be like a feature film! less than 2 hours!