1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The KILLERS at AG

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by BCFCRob, Nov 15, 2019.

1. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Yay or nay? Quite a coup for Ashton Gate it has to be said - or maybe this is the sort of act we should become accustomed to most summers now.

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

The Killers to play at Bristol’s Ashton Gate as part of UK stadium tour
    please log in to view this image

The Killers' frontman Brandon Flowers on stage. Credit: PA
    The Killers have announced they will be coming to Bristol next summer as part of their UK stadium tour.

The American rock band will play at Ashton Gate - the home of Bristol City and Bristol Bears - on Tuesday, June 9.

The venue is one of nine stadiums they will visit on their UK tour, which will follow the release of their sixth studio album Imploding The Mirage.

please log in to view this image

The Killers headlined Glastonbury during the summer. Credit: PA
    The Killers will be supported at Ashton Gate by special guests Manic Street Preachers.

I am delighted that we have secured such a renowned act to perform here for the first time in Bristol. The Killers have had five chart-topping albums since 2001 and are one of the most iconic rock bands of the 21st century. With the Manic Street Preachers as their support act, it’s set to be another memorable night for the stadium with a 32,000 crowd capacity.

– Mark Kelly, managing director of Ashton Gate Stadium
    Ashton Gate is the only stadium in the South West that The Killers will visit as part of their UK tour and it is hoped ticket sales will match demand for the Spice Girls and Take That, who played earlier this year.

Tickets will go on general sale on Friday, November 22.

Last updated Fri 15 Nov 2019

3. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

Think there's going to be a lot of interest in this one - especially with The Manics as support!! Might even get OldSparkey coming over for gig!!

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Not a band I like, but given that we're probably the only major city in the whole country still without a central and sizeable purpose built concert arena, we're reduced to booking bands into a sports stadium, which is very sad reflection of the city and the a-holes that 'run' it.

It's been fair enough in the past for major acts like Elton John, the Rolling Stones and such like playing Ashton Gate due to the size of the audience, but it's piss poor we don't have an NEC or O2 in the centre of town to attract major bands to visit the city which would also generate revenue, and tourism to a degree. Unless they want to drive a diesel vehicle of course !

The City Council would rather waste the public money arguing over proposed sites, or making things look pretty (Temple Meads) without actually improving the traffic flow, or turning down proposals from the 2 local football clubs to move home and create big employment opportunities into the bargain.

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Be the 11th or 12th time I would of seen them if we get tickets. Could call me a bit of a fan

BCFCRob likes this.
  6. BCFCRob

Any at the Fleece or O2? Would've killed to see them back day.

Being at the Pyramid when they brought out Johnny Marr will forever be a life highlight!

7. RedorDead

Got my tickets, ironically it’s not far from my city seat

8. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Mine are as well

9. BCFCRob

Standing tickets for me. Third time seeing them, they're bloody great.

10. RedorDead

We could only get Platinum tickets. It pains me that Ticketmaster can get away with calling them platinum when you get nothing special apart from a seat.
    When will they all realise these ticket outlets are ruling the market and charging what they want.
    Can’t believe you could buy tickets on the Wednesday if you pre ordered the album which comes out in March!!!

BCFCRob likes this.

11. BCFCRob

Didn't even need to preorder the album mate. Whenever you see these deals of getting tickets if you preorder, if you look closely at the T&C's, you can always get the presale code without buying an album.

Totally agree on these touts though, it's ridiculous. There's some documentary on YouTube I watched showing employees of Viagogo or Stubhub or one of these sites, all mass-buying tickets on credit cards in the names of themselves and their families to get around the rules. You expect it a little bit from smaller companies but not from actual employees of these sites.

12. RedorDead

Wasn’t one of them a subsidiary of Ticketmaster? What’s the betting they held back tickets or employees bought them just so they could mark the prices up.

When I went to see Mumford & Sons I was able to get presale from Motorpoint direct. They didn’t advertise just word got out when they were doing it. I got through and ordered direct the same day as presale from preorders on ticketmaster.

13. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I assume there are others bands yet to be announced , I was hoping for Green Day. I note they are doing Huddersfield 27th June.or even better Queen.(minus Freddie of course)
    Are we expecting others to be announced soon ?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  14. RedorDead

Hope it’s not Queen, as I’m seeing them on June 2nd in the O2. I would be gutted to know I’ve got a hellish journey when they could be playing only an hour away.

15. AshtonRed

Well as long as you’re alright sod the rest of us , I’ve never seen them without Freddie , seen them loads before, oh except the tribute concert which was the last time all 3 remaining Members played live together along with many other stars taking Freddie’s role with proceeds going to aids charities.

16. RedorDead

Three biggest regrets in my life in live acts I’ve turned down at the time.
    Queen, Kind of Magic tour
    Bowie, Glass Spider tour
    Pink Floyd, Momentary lapse of Reason.

Have seen Queen with Adam Lambert and got to say it was brilliant. He is just as camp so fits into the part well.

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

18. AshtonRed

I think it was him I saw in we will rock you and have seen him on tv , he’s ok but he’s nowhere near as good as Freddie ,

RedorDead likes this.
  19. BCFCRob

No room for Green Day unfortunately unless they're playing 4 nights on the bounce which is extremely unlikely. Glasgow, London and Huddersfield will be their only UK dates this year (barring potential festivals) I'd imagine.

20. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

the pandemic has a lot to answer for ... more than one of us were looking forward to that... and no GLASTO either [ hate that terminology GLASTO ] IT STARTED AS THE PILTON FESTIVAL...