1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Jewell Ultimatum...

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM, Sep 16, 2012.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

SD - We had a decent end to last season?

We got tonked 3-0 by Millwall in our last home game FFS! Sorry mate only saying!

Before the Watford game we hadn't won a game since Mid March! This is truly shocking so why aren't people protesting?

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Boo JWM, stop picking on me, you'll make me cry. I was only trying to have a debate.

3. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Just for the record:

With Jewell short by 1 game of Roy Keane

Keane: W28 D25 L28
    PJ: W30 D16 L34

But don't worry lets all look beyond the results! <ok>

4. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

Keane = 109 points
    PJ = 106

So a win against Charlton will put them equal on points, we cant predict what the result will be. Not great, no-one is saying that. but why many of us say look beyond the results is the feeling that it is Ipswich town again.

Those records have to be put into context of the football that was played, Keane was defense first, Jewell is all attack. Obviously we need to find the middle ground
    OR its just evidence that the problem goes beyond the manager.

5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I had a feeling the points totals would be similar. Keane got the boot for it and PJ ?????????????

6. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

You had me with you up until then...

Cut your teeth on the Budgie boards, then come back to us...

<ok>

7. JonahJameson

JonahJameson Active Member

I make it:

Madge had 136 games (all 46 in 06-07 & 07-08 plus 44 in 08-09) and won 181 points – 1.33 per game.

Keano had 72 games (the last 2 in 08-09, 46 in 09-10 and 24 in 10-11) and won 90 points – 1.25 per game.

PJ has had 74 games (22 in 10-11, 46 last year and 6 so far this year) and has 100 points – 1.35 per game.

Win rate:

Amazingly, PJ is in the lead:

PJ - 38%
    JM – 34%
    RK – 31%

Loss rate:

JM – 35%
    RK – 36%
    PJ – 41%

Overall goal difference:

RK –minus 13
    PJ – minus 17
    (haven’t done Jimbo)

Goals scored:

PJ – 1.47 per game
    RK – 1.13 per game

Goals conceded:

RK – 1.31 per game
    PJ – 1.7 per game

8. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

its amazing how its so easy for you to plead ignorance when someone asks you a question that you dont want to answer.

9. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Things are not looking good......................Jewell or Clegg who goes..............YOU DECIDE....

10. tractor bhoy

thing is weighty potentially both of them are working under strict guidelines for Evans. After the match last night Darren Currie was talking about the 'attractiveness' of joining Town and he said these days players dont care about history, title chances or the things that used to be important but all have the main concern of cash and I dont think Evans is prepared to back us.

11. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I think he might be more inclined to if he was seeing some value in his investment...

12. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

Tractorbhoy, how do you that Clegg isn't getting an incentive for cutting down the wage bill, i.e. if he cuts it by 20% then he gets 5% as a bonus? clegg doesn't care about this club, all he cares about is himself and he has prostituted this great clubs history to save his skin before and he will do it again.

13. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

tractor bhoy, like us you ain't got a ****ing clue what is going on behind the scenes, all you have to go on are the results and what you can actually see, based on this Jewell has to go and clegg with him!!

14. tractor bhoy

Guru - I dont and you could be right
    Spanish - I dont have a clue about the truth - correct - which is why I find to hard to criticise some aspects. For example loans and not building a strong side with plenty of depth. If there is no money then ANY manager would face the same issues. I find it a lot better to be critical of facts not what you(not you personally) think may be happening.
    On facts then by all accounts our performance was abysmal last night and that is not good enough. If we have no money then getting in the right defenders may be difficult but he can certainly work on our front men scoring (the are meant to be proven strikers) and work on team defending.

15. Spanish

Now you see this is where i have a problem with Jewell, if we have no money why spend £1.75 million on Taylor, something doesn't ring true here. I think we have money but ME is not giving it to Jewell, i think he has already lined up a replacement and that replacement sanctioned the signing of Taylor!!

Not beyond the realms of poss is it?

16. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Highly Unlikely... to the point of damn right ridiculous.

17. tractor bhoy

If we spent that money on Taylor, which Im not convinced we did (contract expiring and an offically undisclosed fee) but if we did, then it doesnt add up but I dont think its to do with Jewell as he has never had the spending ability since hes been here. The only players we have spent decent money on under Jewell (correct me if Im wrong) is Chopra (1m), JET
    (1.5m) and possibly Taylor. Even if that amount quoted for Taylor is correct that adds up to an average spend of £1.5m per season. Now remember back to the Keane era (not playing whose a crap manager - this is about spending only) we spent about 3.5m on a joint Leadbitter/ Edwards bid and still made other signings. Last summer you could argue that some of the difference was used for wages for experienced players but considering half of keanes signings were also Premiership players I would imagine they were on decent wages aswell.

18. Spanish

I honestly don't know TB, i just find it strange that we would spend that sort of money/all our money on a striker when we are desperate for a CB. i know a striker was also required but not as important as a defender, we have Murphy/Scotland/Chops/Murray that could all do semi ok up top, where as we have virtually no cover at CB.
    I don't get it but i'm sure KOPR will put me straight as he seems to know what is going on

19. tractor bhoy

That in all honesty Spanish is a problem. Nobody knows and I think that is why these boards can sometimes feel like a warzone. Its not as black and white as some seem to think and we can all see massive problems but have no idea which problem is causing us the most damage.

20. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

Tractorbhoy, can you please explain the wisdom of PJ in being in situation of only having 2 central defenders for the first team? compounded by the fact that we had 3 (loose term when you include smith and delaney) and we let one go for nothing to a club who was willing to pay something for him just a couple of months previous!!!!!!

please explain the logic because i'm sure we would all like to know!