1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Roo, Nov 21, 2012.

1. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

What Spurf said. Particularly in the January window when there's lots of other Spurs things to talk about, the forum can get a bit clogged up with threads for rumours and who we want to sign which not everyone's interested in. Considering how badly wrong most of the rumours turned out to be too, I think there will be less people interested in it this summer.

It's all about opinions though and there's no problem changing things for the next window if people want it done differently.

2. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Fair enough lads, just my view but imo it makes it a lot harder to keep up with news etc unless you are on here all the time.

3. lennypops

lennypops Well-Known Member

Since practically all transfer talk is hot air I like it all being in one place. I don't mind missing most of it. If I feel like reading transfer chat I really don't mind clicking on this and just picking it up from a couple of pages back. Who cares what was said on this thread further back than that? It's all (fun, harmless) nonsense anyway.

Still, looking forward to us signing this Brazilian striker in the summer. Think his name is Damiao. Anyone heard of him?

4. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

I see what you are saying King perhaps a new thread if we did actually sign someone would be good (Often already done I think) and that would highlight 'real news'. Rumour I think you will just have to trawl through it like the rest of us. To be fair I think Roo, SoS, & Boss did a good job for us by keeping an eye on all the rumours and bringing them to the board.

But let's have the debate if anyone thinks we could organise things better then let the mods know. That's what we are here for. King is doing us all a service by bringing this point up. The more that have an input into how the Spurs board is run the better IMO. <ok>

5. LockStock

LockStock Well-Known Member

Wishful......

<doh>

<whistle>

6. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Haha, I said something similar lockstock, so that's 2 of us! <laugh>

7. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Thought this thread was a great success to be honest.

Can see the argument of trying to keep up with different transfer stories in one thread being tricky but then to be fair, we weren't linked with a thousand players like previous windows. Off the top of my head, Damiao, Negredo, Diame, M'Vila and Holtby were the only players we were strongly linked with at times, until the final day which saw the two Lyon lads and a few other little rumours pop up but that's to be expected. The rest were either just a ****ty ITK rumour or what people on here hoped for.

Think this thread saves a lot of congestion on the board too, having 5-10+ different transfer articles could result in missing other non-transfer related stories that people post.

8. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

prehaps we could have a sticky with new's of player who have actually signed for us during the window,that way we could keep up with the news

9. Sidney Fiddler

Sidney Fiddler Well-Known Member

Roo a very good thread.
    It gives us a chance of dreaming of the players we may sign before reality hits us.

10. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The only possible change that I might suggest for the next one is a daily edit of the front page by Roo. Some sort of round up, possibly?
    That way those of us that are on here quite often can read through everything and those that want a quick update can just check the start of the thread.
    Thoughts?

11. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Thanks Sid. But I only started it, it's everyone's contributions that count. SOS definitely deserves mention, as do a few others. But i'm not going to list any more people, as it only causes problems when you forget someone!

good idea PNP. wasn't actually aware that you could do that. - so do you mean editing the original post?
    Is there any way that more than 1 person can be responsible for the thread? for example, could I create it and then have 2 other administrators who have access to the editing of the post? - a bit like the role of the mods? There's always times when people cant get on here, so if there was more than 1 person looking after it, that'd be great.
    This idea of yours could be a great solution for the Iphone app too. - It's a real bugger when threads have pages and pages. Rival watch and Bill nick are a pain the arse when you want to read the most recent posts, as you have to scroll right for ages to get to page 300 and something!

12. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Discuss

13. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

So I'm not alone then? the app is the same on android and before you could choose which page to scroll too at the top, but now you have to manually scroll and its highly annoying!

14. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

I think they're having Levy on.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...am-interest-but-not-keen-on-move-8480231.html

SO assuming these are direct quotes

When quizzed about the deal after the close of the window, Villas-Boas indicated that Tottenham might have ended their interest in the Brazil international.

"We have made it public before that he is a player that we chase, but we couldn't agree on the full conditions so we've moved on," he said.

Whether Tottenham are interested in returning for Leandro in the summer may be inconsequential after the player said that while flattered by the interest shown in him, he was happy at Internacional.

&#8220;Internacional&#8217;s president Giovanni Luigi knows I always wanted to stay, regardless of any offers that could come," he said.

&#8220;I certainly thank Tottenham. They are a big club in Europe but my focus is on Inter.

&#8220;I hope to help Inter for a long time. I have a long contract and I am very happy and focused.&#8221;

15. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

I don't want to hear, see or talk about that guy again, SD. <laugh>

16. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

17. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

<laugh> yes! someone else! I posted something in the Bill Nick a few weeks back, but got tumbleweed!

That android app sounds better than the iphone! On mine, you have to swipe your finger to the left on precisely the right area or otherwise you end up going back to the thread screen and having to start the scrolling again! it's a bloody nightmare and takes forever! There's also a "last unread post" in the bottom right hand corner of the thread, but when you tap it, a message comes up saying "There appears to be a connection issue between your device and not606. please try again". - basically what that means is "we havent set up the command for this button properly, yet".
    The other issue I had was when i clicked "reply with quote" and it just said for example: [Boss:2394727274 ] (null) [/Quote] . - what do you mean ****ing "Null"??!! <grr>
    Boss, I've found it easier to just use safari/any other web browser. not ideal either, but far better than the app. I think the app is still on version 1.0 and
    I've never seen an update since i first downloaded it.

18. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

:D <ok> Cheers mate.

I love transfer stories, I would have started a thread like this if you didn't mate. Nothing beats a bit of transfer gossip in my eyes, even if it's complete bullshit (which 99% of the time it is <laugh>)

19. Trefside Spurs

Some insight to the Damiao kerfuffle at the end of the window just tweeting from the BEEB...in case anyone misses it. Does give a bit of perspective to proceedings:
    No talks until Inter decided late Jan to sell. Deal quickly agreed, only for Inter to change terms last minute. #Thfc thought it was done. @bbcsport_david 7 hours ago
    Spurs did agree deal for Damiao on 31 Jan. Collapsed at 4/5pm as Internacional suddenly said he could only go in summer #bbcsportsday #thfc
    @bbcsport_david 7 hours ago

20. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can we tell his club to piss off now, then? That's twice that they've pissed about and moved the goalposts in consecutive windows, if the media are to be believed.