1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Italian Grand Prix Chat & Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Big Ern, Aug 28, 2018.

?

chi vincerĂ 

Poll closed Sep 2, 2018.
  1. Sebastian Vettel

72.2%
  2. Lewis Hamilton

16.7%
  3. Kimi Rakikonen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Valtieri Bottas

11.1%
  5. Danny Ricciardo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Max Verstappen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Jose Mourinho

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Micheal Cohen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Donald Trump

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. A N Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ched999uk

ched999uk Well-Known Member

Thinking of him he sort of reminds me of Schumacher. What I mean by that is that he gained a reputation of being ruthless no matter the consequence, so other drivers gave him a wider berth than normal as they want to finish the race. Max is similar in that he is earning a rep for not caring if he finishes or not due to his driving. So other drivers are giving him a wide berth. This will give him an advantage when coming up on slower cars due to him being out of position due to penalties etc. They wont want to risk getting punted off by Mad Max!!
    At the moment Max wont admit to doing anything wrong and I am sure that will cost him and Red Bull long term. I don't think Red Bull can tame the 'errors' in judgement and maintain his speed. It's one or the other! Good fun to watch though :)

2. moreinjuredthanowen

IMO long term when he actually has a fast car he won't be doing it.

mind you if you compare vettel to hamilton this weekend gone by.... max would do well to look at what hamilton did. Lewis would be the first to rams someone off the road frankly but he brought his car him undamaged while vettel didn't.

If you've got the car those risks he takes become unnecessary.

the crowds max is drawing in europe mean imo its only a matter of when he dumps red bull.

3. dhel

dhel Well-Known Member

Lewis would be the first to rams someone off the road frankly ??????????
    In what sport are you speaking about? Was Hamilton even known for ramming people off the road? Isn't that comment a tad bit unfair?

easynic150 likes this.
  4. moreinjuredthanowen

It was a compliment :)

he's a tough racer. He puts others in their place.

5. Justjazz

Justjazz Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Max has an amazing arrogance which will hold him back because he genuinely doesn't recognise when he is wrong. In a field of pay drivers the talent he has is complimented. Red Bull I think believe they another 4 WDC driver. Max believes that and beyond is his destiny, it might be one day but because of the lack of young talent, which is not ignoring those like LeClerc. But for every talent there are two 'also drives' because they have the money.

That said, I wonder, would Michael be as successful today with all the penalties that get dished out and no spare cars? However, I don't want to challenge that of a man with the misfortune that he has experienced though and will always wish him all the best..

If and when Max shows some humility he might improve.

ched999uk and Number 1 Jasper like this.
  6. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

I clicked like to this , then un clicked it .

I Honestly believe , that if and it's a bloody big IF , RBR can keep Jos away from his son at race weekends ( Obviously they have no control outside ) He WILL calm down .

Unless he has his Fathers ( alleged ) Thuggish genes .. then there is no hope IMHO .

easynic150 and Justjazz like this.
  7. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Michael Schumacher would destroy the field now if he was in he's peak, would probably challenge for the title even if he was in a Red Bull. Even Senna with a faster car struggled against him.

8. dhel

dhel Well-Known Member

Really????

9. Justjazz

Justjazz Well-Known Member

You are most likely right but wouldn't it be good to be able to see. For certain Vettel would be eclipsed, Michael would never have made those basic mistakes or left the door open. In the Ferrari he would be topping the points table, but I would also think Lewis would be an equal to Michael with the same machinery in both cars. But Michael would have to stick to the rules, not easy when he has been under pressure.

10. 2xwdcslayer

2xwdcslayer Active Member

Micheal Schumacher Could not beat Alonso in similar Performing car with Alonso driving the R26 and 7. Even with the FIA taking away the Rob Marshall's Mass Damper from the R27 Schumacher still could not beat Alonso , but yet the man who ended the Schumacher's contrived dictatorship FINISHED BELOW A ROOKIE IN IDENTICAL EQUIPMENT a season later. Your point has no substance as we have actual events to disprove your uneducated gut feeling.

Schumacher had team orders and had teammates of the calibre of Barichello and Irvine and still demanded No1 status and when a young Brit came on the scene in Herbert at Benetton who looked naturally quick and may offer a challenge to Schumacher, we then start to see data sharing stopped and Herbert not allowed the same amount of testing as Schumacher.

Right Now on the grid there is a champion who has more pole records than Schumacher and in lessor time and having world champions has teammates not Barrichello's or Irvine's. This champion is just 24 wins away from equalling Schumacher's 91 win record and will most probably do so in less time .

The driver who is beating Two world class champions while in a slower car titles are far more credible than Schumacher as this driver has raced the best in identical equipment and beaten them all over a season without asking for No1 status.

11. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

In 2007 a crack commando rookie was sent to McLaren by a military dictator for a drive they didn't commit too. This man promptly escaped from the McLaren Technology Centre to the Brackley underground. Today, still wanted by Ron Dennis, he survives as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can afford him, maybe you can hire Lewis Hamilton.

12. 2xwdcslayer

So there I in the A team .

13. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

What a load of crap.

14. 2xwdcslayer

I know , the truth hurts because what I have written is facts. I would like to dappen your pain as I know the likes of you find it hard to except that a mixed race kid from a Stevenage council estate is Britain'S most successful stats wise . And the worse thing is , he's a gangster rapper . Hee Hee Hee.

Now there is going to be rain in Singapore over the Gp weekend and I can see this favours the real rainmaster who is the best I have seen in the rain since Senna. Vettel will be sweating again as he has failed to beat Hamster in the wet. And in the last race which was dry he failed to beat Hamster although having a quicker car.

I put it to all haters that Hamster is up their with the likes of Clark, Fangio , Senna and Schumacher in the pantheon of F1 greats.

easynic150 likes this.
  15. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

All we need is for King_Alonso and Xiggly to turn up to give it the proper old 606 feeling

Number 1 Jasper and DHCanary like this.
  16. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The same person with 9 accounts having an argument with themselves?

allsaintchris. likes this.
  17. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ah I see, you're another believer that Jenson Button is the greatest driver F1 has ever seen.

Lewis Hamilton could not beat Jenson Button over three seasons in identical machinery. Button outpointed Hamilton over their time together. At the peak of his career, Button also saw off KMag, Perez, Barrichello, World Championship Jacques Villeneuve, Jarno Trulli. but most importantly Takuma Sato. You may ask why Sato is the most important scalp? How many Indy500's has Fernando Alonso won? Zero. Takuma Sato? One. Clearly proving that Sato is the greater driver than Alonso, and that Button only narrowly lost out against Alonso at Mclaren because he was declining towards the end of his career.

Button has never asked for data sharing to stop - Hamilton has.

Button has beaten 2 world champions in identical machinery, and in his WDC winning season beat 3 world champions and 2 future champions to the title, despite the fact his car was so inferior he couldn't win a race for the last ten races.

Whilst you make a compelling argument, I think it's quite clear that if you follow it to the logical conclusion, you'll agree with me that on their team-mate record, openness with data, and ability to win titles in a slower car, Button is clearly the better driver.

18. 2xwdcslayer

Sorry, Lewis beat Jenson Button two seasons to one . He beat him in 2010 and in 2012. Only sheep listen's to Sky pundits lazenby and Croft who don't like Hamster breaking records. Not only did Lewis beat Jenson 2-1 over three seasons he also hit Jenson 17-3 in qualifying in 2012. Tell me the last time another champion hit another champion by such a margin in quali.

As for 2011 I won't jump on the Lewis had personal problems bandwagon as that would detract from what Button did to Lewis. Lewis needed to be schooled in the way of tyre management as his aggressive driving on the Bridgestone yielded success before Bernie and the FIA decided to introduce Pirelli and quick wearing tyres in 2011 which Lewis failed to respect and was soundly beaten by Button and was deserved. But in 2012 order was restored with Lewis finishing above Button.

And my point still stands, Lewis has beaten every world champion teammate he has faced over a season. Alonso in 2007 as a rookie which for me is arguably the most outstanding rookie performance in F1 history, Button in 2010 and 2012 and Nico in 13,14and15. As it stands it is Lewis 6 champions 3 over a season of competition.

We must remember Lewis won the 2005 euro series beating Vettel in same spec cars and won Gp 2006 at his first attempt. Like or hate him he is the real deal and it is no coincidence he will be breaking records until his time ends in this great sport.

Herbert on Lewis pole at Spa , "Lewis is the best even though he may not be everyone's cup of tea". This is the ability to give credit to someone's deeds even if they are not your favourite person. Some on here could do with that type of thought process.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    easynic150 likes this.
  19. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Stroll will beat all records. Eventually stroll snr will purchase F1 and make it so.

20. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Senna had a pig of a car it was fast , but horrid to handle . Also , were there not doubts about the bennetons legality ?

IMHO at that time , Senna was the better driver . We will never know who history showed as the better one , because sadly imho , that chance for a brilliantly competitive battle was taken from everyone at imola on 1st May 1994 .