1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The horrible negativity, not just disappointment but bile and vitriol

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by janey, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Build Back Better

Build Back Better Active Member

That’s a good post and pretty near the mark imho

Nostradamoose likes this.
  2. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Still doesn't excuse some of the horrendous accusations seen in the last week

3. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

I wouldn't excuse it at all but I guess I'm trying to add some context.
    I'm taking a month-long break from RTG/SMB because it's bringing out the worst in me. So many people on there are determined to see a conspiracy where it doesn't exist or start moaning about the manager before he's even been appointed. I can't seem to reason with these people and end up trading insults. I'm a 43 year old, reasonably mild mannered father of 2. Why am I getting in to a mid slinging and name calling fight with some kid on the internet? Things are pretty fragile right now

4. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

A year younger than me, I start with good intentions of just reading but I struggle to not post when people are being so harmful, hurtful and think they can act like the big men behind a screen

TopCat_ likes this.
  5. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Exactly that. I've been on the forum since it's inception in 2002 and it's always been a place of arguments and banter, Now it's just toxic

6. Gadzooks

Gadzooks New Member

Some people are just arseholes who don't need an excuse and there's no valid reason for it. Best avoided because the best that can happen is it winds you up and the worst is that you stoop to their level to try to engage them.

7. Gadzooks

Gadzooks New Member

Always the way of things as they get more popular and gain traction.

8. T_Bone

T_Bone Well-Known Member

IMO if you are a mod you should not encourage conflict. I’ve told Pancho privately and openly what I think of him.
    Ive told him he needs to stop posting as a regular poster because as a Mod you can’t be both. I’ve received apologies from him because his gung ho practice may have broken data protection laws concerning me.
    Yet he continues to post like he’s one of the lads. The owner hasn’t stopped him
    Who is running the site ?

9. Hannover96Mackem

Reasoned argument replaced by those who shout the loudest and garner the most likes. Sadly it seems to have been normalised in today’s society. I blame fyassbuck and cheap phones. Wtf is an influencer ffs?

Nostradamoose and Sid like this.
  10. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

It depends, if you give some dickhead the power to ban people it's a problem, the mods on this site are just regular posters who put themselves forward, a little reluctantly, and everyone else agreed they'd be sound.

Wouldn't be right if they felt they couldn't post whatever they wanted.

Gordon Armstrong likes this.

11. Kittenmittons

Kittenmittons Well-Known Member

I mean I've pretty much stopped posting about something that I feel strongly about, because I can sense that unfortunately, there are a bunch of people who take what I say and run with it to a point that I don't agree with or intend. I have genuine, bona fide concerns and I'll defend my right to talk about them because I've spent a long time researching them, and approached it with an open mind at every turn.

But there is no point discussing this until people who are clearly out to either wind everyone up, or who have a genuine vendetta against the owners stop with this. I won't be lumped in with these people and if people use my name on rtg (I am banned for a couple of months) they don't speak for me.

12. Roker choker

Roker choker Active Member

agree , some of the stuff being posted is in called for, I actually now am com8ng round to the new man, I liked Ross at the start but it did come to the time he had to go, I wanted Strendel but I do now think this fella might just surprise a few people. Ps I enjoyed your posts on the other channel and glad to see you on here

janey, Nostradamoose and Sheep Farmer like this.
  13. Sheep Farmer

Sheep Farmer Well-Known Member

It arrived with the mass influx from rtg I’d guess

14. My Left Foot

My Left Foot Active Member

This is the worst it’s been IMO. Across all formats of social media all I’ve seen in toxicity from some of our so called fans. Embarrassing

Nostradamoose and Sid like this.
  15. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure about you at first but only because I don't know anyone who used to post exclusively on RTG and if someone seemed at all negative my wum radar was activated. Now it's been a little while it's clear you're a good poster with an interesting perspective and you'll never get banned on here for speaking your mind.

Blond Bombshell likes this.
  16. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Assume @janey is talking in general and not really on about here. Things are far more level headed on here than rtg at the moment and even though I've put some on ignore here there's still a conversation to be had on all subjects and not a shouting/slanging match.

That said not all threads are like that on rtg and not all posters are so will continue with both sites. Here's to 3 points tomorrow.

17. Nostradamoose

Nostradamoose Active Member

Yeah I didn't want to ask about that :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Nathan Brazil likes this.
  18. Sandy Camel

Sandy Camel Well-Known Member

While I've missed the fun and games tonight involving fake messages, I find it completely baffling that some folk get themselves so worked up about stuff that they a; they have no real idea about the truth of the matter or b; any power to actually do anything about it. Internet access doesn't half help some folk bring out the worst in themselves.

19. Nostradamoose

Nostradamoose Active Member

Looks like someone has launched a campaign against SD and it's starting to gain momentum.

I think he's in over his head but the accusations in these "messages" are libellous and therefore toxic. Even more disturbing are suggestions he's some kind of slick Bernie Madoff type ripping us off.

The same people obviously haven't seen him running the club, any half decent con man would've seen Jack Ross bluffing a mile off and **** themselves laughing paying £3m for Will Grigg.

20. Kittenmittons

Kittenmittons Well-Known Member

I very much have seen him running the club... I've also listened to his exact words and I'm pretty comfortable with saying he has used club money to pay his own debt to Short, as he said this out loud and so did Methven, numerous times.

I disagreed with the terminology and the definitive nature of that whatsapp doing the rounds the other day, but I don't disagree with everything it said.