1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Health and Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Hornette_TID, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Lloydinio

Lloydinio Well-Known Member

I'm 8 stone, i'm underweight for my age.

2. babyhornetdan

babyhornetdan Well-Known Member

There you go Lloyd, your goal could be to get to a healthy weight lol. I am joking btw. Make the most of being skinny. It only gets harder as you get older.

I think i like that diet BBW, i have done something similar- its called scoff all the junk you like and take the night off.

3. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

am 95k and 188 cm would like to get back under 90kg which hasnt happened since I was 18!! this might take a while ! eating all the wrong stuff ,drinking too much is offset by beinng in an active job ! but like W-yI should get to the gym more and do more swimming !
    Now just an idea but how about making this a sponsored weight loss ,proceeds to a local watford charity!

4. babyhornetdan

How about proceeds to the WATFORD FC Community Sports & Education Trust?? If not i would be happy to give any proceeds i get to a cancer charity.

5. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Thats a good shout Dan ,I would be happy with that:) what about the rest of you guys?

6. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

At the age of 75 Mr. Thompson looks sadly in the mirror - seeing his slouched shoulders - balding pate and beer belly, decides he has to do something. The very next day he goes on a rigid diet, throws away his cigarettes, goes jogging every morning and evening. Visits the Gym 4 times per week and helps to train the local boys football team. After 6 months he has lost an incredible 2 stone, he looks ruddy in the face and has rediscovered the athletic figure of his youth.

To crown all of this he decides to go to the hairdresser to apply the finishing touches with a new sporty hairstyle.

Walking out of the hairdressers he is tragically run over by a passing bus. As he is lying there he gasps 'My God, why have you done this to me ?

The clouds part and a deep and resonant voice answers 'Well. to be quite honest Thompson, I didn't recognize you !'

7. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Work do some sort of giving thing throughout the European offices - I could look at that, although it may mean having to show them this thread and it may take a while to get an OK and I would only get that from the second option. Do you guys want me to try and see if I can get the backing?

Also, I wonder whether we should have a certain date where we say how successful (or not) we've been. As Xmas has been mentioned, how about Xmas Eve? Obviously, that doesn't mean that we can't provide updates as and when.

8. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

9. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

great idea guys! I'm happy to try and get some sponsorship (though after the walk, it won't be that easy!). I think Christmas eve is a great target, though it'll take me longer than that to get where i'm going, but to start with, a great idea...who's organising it? lol

10. Jsybarry

With our geographical spread, it would be extremely difficult to try and raise funds for a common charity without something like a website where donations can be made online. It might be easier to raise money for local charities with a common theme e.g. cancer but have a form that can be downloaded with a common logo on such as the Nest on Tour logo but change the wording slightly e.g. Hornets Nest Weight Loss for Cancer Charities.

I have looked at the FL website and their official charity for this season is Help for Hospices - if we were do it to raise money for that, I don't know if it might be a good idea to contact the club and let them know what we're doing especially as we're starting during Hospice Care Week: http://www.football-league.co.uk/of...-celebrates-hospice-care-week_2300719_2472428 and the form I mentioned above could have the FL charity logo on it or there would be able to be a donation site created. Am I thinking too big now? If we are to go this route, if the club is to be contacted then it would better from someone who has already had contact with people inside the club which rules me out.

11. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

That's a good point Barry...sounds like a good plan!

I just had a piece of cake...as a last hurrah lol

12. babyhornetdan

I have just finished a bowl of ice cream as mine. No more now!!!

The hardest part will be at uni when i need food asap and just want something quick

13. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

Be prepared, take healthy snacks with you...:)

14. babyhornetdan

I will have to squeeze them somewhere in my bag lol. Or just buy the healty stuff rather than junk lol.

15. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

that's a good plan, though preparing them is probably a lot cheaper ;)

16. babyhornetdan

The problem is i only need food on a tues/fri, but those days i have 3 books, my laptop and a folder with me so have little room. I tried taking a packed lunch in my first year but it was squashed by the time i could eat it.

17. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

Ah yes, that can be a pain...so...buy the healthy stuff, that's a good idea ;)

18. Jsybarry

H, if you need a bit longer, how about a Jewish festival after Christmas or is Passover in April the next one? (I remember you saying that it's the weekend of the Posh game).

19. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Would a larger bag help? <laugh>

20. babyhornetdan

I guess i could go from this
    please log in to view this image

to this
    please log in to view this image