1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The handcart to hell is still on target

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GroveRanger, Oct 23, 2017.

1. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Camelot have a load of terms and conditions and it won't be the first or last time they've refused to pay out.

2. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

I assume the owner of the debit card was reimbursed for the items paid for by the thieves, presumably contactless shopping spree .

Mick O'Toon likes this.
  3. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

For some reason the owner of the card has never been mentioned except by these two losers who said a random guy bought them the scratchcard as a gift.

Sounds plausible. :eek:

Mick O'Toon likes this.
  4. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

Yeah very true but should the shop not have refused the transaction if the card was dodgy?The contract was with Camelot and maybe there is something on page 389 paragraph 8 etc in their terms and conditions about buying with a stolen card,who reads that?As Sn says a contactless spree:cheesy:

DevAdvocate and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  5. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

Yes

6. Mick O'Toon

Thanks

monacoger likes this.
  7. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

You're very welcome.

On another note, will Camelot give the money to the owner of the card? That would be the right thing to do. Very much doubt they will though. I remember reading about those pair of ****s a few weeks ago, can't say I have any sympathy for them. In fact, they should be hanged, **** 'em

8. Mick O'Toon

You probably have a better chance getting a ride off Guinevere than them paying out.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    DevAdvocate and monacoger like this.
  9. GroveRanger

GroveRanger Well-Known Member

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/13/city...re-company-workers-love-glazed-rings-9938704/
    please log in to view this image

James Conmy, a senior Vice President of Global Marine and Energy at insurers Guy Carpenter, sent the email to all colleagues with the subject ‘Birthday Treats’.

It read: ‘There are doughnuts on Alf’s desk as it is my birthday today. ‘I hope people like Krispy Kremes – I know Soraya enjoys a glazed ring.’

F.uck 'em if they can't take a joke.

10. GroveRanger

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/14/adverts-that-pigeon-hole-men-and-women-banned-from-today-9933476/

Adverts depicting harmful gender stereotypes, such as men struggling with the housework or women unable to park a car, will be banned from today. The new rule stipulates that ads must not include hackneyed portrayals likely to cause harm or serious or widespread offence. Other scenarios set to be outlawed include showing a man with his feet up while a woman cleans up the family’s mess and girls being less academic than boys.

The rule follows a review which found that some campaigns have the potential to reinforce harmful stereotypes, and could in turn restrict people’s choices, aspirations and opportunities.

Cap said the evidence from the review did not show that gender stereotypes were always problematic or that the use of seriously offensive or potentially harmful stereotypes in advertising was endemic. It added that the aim of the rule was therefore to identify specific harm that should be prevented, rather than banning gender stereotypes outright.

Are we saying gender stereotypes are harmful or not? In the same article it says they are harmful then says they are not always a problem (?!) The minefield would be trying to work out which ones are which.

There was uproar when adverts on having a bikini body went up on the Underground

The usual Feminazis said the model was too skinny and did not reflect the "average" UK woman. Yet we have "plus size" (fat c.unt) models appearing on the covers of Cosmopolitan

How does this sit with the Advertising Standards Agency?

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) already restricts offensive ads and those that gender stereotype on grounds of objectification, inappropriate sexualisation, and depiction of unhealthily thin body images.

You can't show a fit bird in a bikini but you can show an Orca because she's being "body positive"? It seems to be ok for women to aspire to be the size of a house but offensive to want to look like a hottie. F.ucked up imho.

11. Mick O'Toon

12. GroveRanger

The NHS had best have a 50 year plan for mental illness and start the process of training up a lot of psychotherapists and psychiatrists (didn't even spell check, true story) because we are going to be raising generations of kids who are f.ucked up beyond all reckoning.

"No they, you can't play with that toy because it assumes your gender. Would they like to do some drawing instead? Oh, no they, you can't draw a house because that assumes superiority over the homeless which is wrong. What on earth are you drawing they? Is that person in a skirt meant to represent your parent? That is wrong they, you can't represent gender stereotypes when indicating a family unit as it all varies. Remember parent and parent talking to you and all the other theys about how parent was born with a penis but had it removed and identifies when it suits they to be a female and even though I have a beard and no mammary glands I still gave birth to you after the other parent defrosted their sperm and impregnated me with a turkey baster? That's normal and the sooner you understand the better"

Having said that I think I'd look quite fetching in a skirt, I've got a great set of pins on me.

13. DUNCAN DONUTS

14. GroveRanger

15. DUNCAN DONUTS

Toley Fart likes this.
  16. GroveRanger

Another presumably noble idea hijacked by some bearded twat who wanted to prove a point. Not content with actually getting his beer the c.unt then thinks it is ok to sue the brewery for sexism? Did he not get the message as to why it was pink beer for girls? And what was he doing pretending to identify as a girl just to get a beer that the brewer said was no different than it's other beers?

On this occasion I am all for the brewer and not the attention whore who somehow thinks his rights have been offended. I am, of course, in the wrong because the twat won his case. Just how offended was he? And what message does this send to anyone who wants to promote gender pay-gap issues in future? Will they try alternative methods or think f.uck it, it's just not worth the bother with c.unts like this around?

Can of worms duly opened.

17. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

He was getting it for £4 instead of £5 if he identified as a woman though. I'm guessing the feminists didn't like the fact it was called Pink IPA either?

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  18. GroveRanger

True, some feminists thought referring to it as pink beer was in and of itself sexist. Can't please some bitches.

19. Mick O'Toon

Did London Pride change it's name?<party>

20. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

I bought a £12 pint last night. I would have identified myself as a ****ing Brexit voter to get a discount ffs

bucks_is_leeds and monacoger like this.