1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The General Football Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Beef, Aug 9, 2017.

1. greensaint

greensaint Well-Known Member

Apparently they have something called "Ultras", cos it's what big teams do, sigh.

I hope liverpool Social Services have seen a video of the incident, though on mersyside it may be seen as good Father-Child bonding.

2. Libby

Libby 9-0

The first one wasn't Everton fans but Hadjuk Split.

3. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

France beat England ladies with a late goal in a friendly.....the first match under the interim England coach. Was an enjoyable game between two good teams and towards the end you would have thought it would be England that would snatch it, but not to be. England men's U17s play today v USA in the World Cup.....after beating Japan by a single goal a few days ago. Annoyingly Borussia Dortmund recalled Jadon Sancho (who had scored and set up England goals in the group stages) to play in a Youth Cup....sad to pull a lad back from a World Cup for anything other than the first team.

4. fran-MLs little camera

Brewster (Liverpool) has scored 2 goals in first quarter of an hour for U17s v USA in the WC. May be one to keep an eye on...Jurgen Klopp has apparently stopped him going out on loan as he rates him so much. Phew...just failed to get a hat trick goal then.

5. fran-MLs little camera

Brewster scored hat trick penalty. England beat USA 4-1 to go into semi-finals. England should have scored more, but better teams than the USA and Japan might have scored as well. However, it is a young side....cannot expect perfection.

The Director of Football of Borussia Munchengladbach said that the England under age sides are so good he would take any one of them....says how talented they are. All they need is to get into first teams and play...then we might get an exciting senior side in a few years.

VocalMinority likes this.
  6. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Could this be the year of the West Midlands revival with Wolves returning to the PL with Aston Villa? However I am sure two of Yorkshire's finest will be involved. We must not forget Cardiff who are surprising me!!! As I don't have an affinity to any team in that division, it is there to be enjoyed.

7. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

8. Libby

Libby 9-0

Bloody hell Ides you've found a whole 24 team division of which you have no favourite!

9. The Ides of March

I could if you wanted me too, but it is best to look in on that division and admire the chase for promotion.

Libby likes this.
  10. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

This is probably the best place to ask this question. How much football do you think you watch a week? On a usual weekday I would say that I watch at least a half of a live match every evening, usually the whole game depending on what I am doing that evening. With probably 2/3 full games on a Saturday and 3/4 on a Sunday. Then I'll watch probably a few hours a week of MOTD style programs from around the European leagues. So even taking the minimum amount of time I'm watching probably 12-14 hours a week of football, which seems quite a lot :D. Was wondering how everyone else compares what with the ease now of being able to watch football basically whenever you want.

11. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

You're not married, no kids right?

davecg69 and thereisonlyoneno7 like this.
  12. The Ides of March

I saw parts of the Real Madrid v Tottenham CL match last week, and the second half of Leganes v Athletic at a cafe bar. I think that is quite excessive for me. So about an hour a week at the maximum.

By the way, Athletic were very ponderous in attack, lacking sharpness, their pass into the box was either overhit, or failed to get past the first defender while their defence looked very tortoise-like when conceeding the only goal of the game.

13. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

No and no. I'd imagine things would change if I had any responsibilities outside of work besides football a few times a week and the gym :D (Yes I am aware they aren't proper responsibilities, more hobbies).

fatletiss likes this.
  14. fatletiss

I remember the days (well, not the gym) and I'm just jealous!

15. The Ides of March

Can we try by the end of the week to find "An Arrogant 11 team? I think we can start off with Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar and Bendtner (who thought he was better than he actually is), Mourinho must be the manager.

16. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Tommy Forecast for keeper.

Saints Fan4Life likes this.
  17. fatletiss

Mourinho is good, as are Ronaldo and Neymar. Bendtner shold be in, managed by the Fat Lying dutchman.

18. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

Must be room for Lovren and Lallana and maybe VVD.

19. fatletiss

Lovren- the other two are actually good. I think it should be arrogant but ****.

20. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could cite the evidence that Lovren is arrogant. ****, yes.