1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Famous Cardiff City went to rome to see the pope...

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by BilboSouthWales, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vermeer

Vermeer Member

2. Juresu_80

Juresu_80 Member

3. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

There's a rumour we are trying to get Shay Given.....not sure that this is true but if it is it would a great signing

4. McLarenBluebird

Only Keogh confirmed at present. Hopefully thats all the loans recalled.

5. hhotg

hhotg New Member

Hot off the press:-

Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd on Twitter: "I'm not leaving, I'm staying for the fans!! They deserve Premier League football and I wanna help provide that. I'm happy at Cardiff."

6. concernedincardiff2011

well if all that happens before 11pm is Keogh going then i'll be pleased. its not like he set the league alight and with Parkin coming along he'd never get a game.

As long as we can keep the rest i'll be pleased. This is the problem when we rely on loan signings.

7. Boyoos99inOz

Boyoos99inOz New Member

Keogh leaving opens another loan spot , available to us now the market is closed.
    Still need a pacy/tall defender , Keinan is untried. You have to ask the question 'why did Blackpool not use him more?' I hope I'm wrong.
    DJ could give Mathews more game time but can't see it.

8. Boyoos99inOz

Boyoos99inOz New Member

Both Marshall and Heaton are reasonable GKs but are mainly good shot stoppers and don't really command their area. Most of the really top goalkeepers are tall and command the box at set pieces (Van derhauwe, Reina, Hart..)
    Maybe that's why DJ is looking - although having said that Shay Given is not that tall but good in the air.

Don't know much about Lonergen.

I beleve our back 4 would be much improved with a keeper that commands his box. We certainly look vulnerable at set pieces.
    Hard to come by....

9. hhotg

hhotg New Member

'why did Blackpool not use him more?' - he played in the win at Anfield, but he was only on a 1 year contract, so maybe Holloway has decided to cash in.

10. concernedincardiff2011

What on earth was Jones thinking leaving an in form Chops on the bench and starting JET up front with Jay?

We were tactically inept in the first half and it could have been 3 in all honesty.

Second half, Chops comes on and we should have scored 2 or 3 in the first 15 minutes of the second half.

JET seemed low in confidence today, Naylor was a joke and Olli got caught in possession more times than I care to remember.

Plus points though, Bellers was awesome. So much pace and great foresight he's a joy to watch and a great free kick!! Hudson is growing in stature with every game and without McNaughton we'd have been royally (see what I did there) screwed!!

A point gained when all seemed lost and the ground had all but emptied

My MOM : Bellers

My donkey of the game: Naylor

I'm not nervous about Sunday at all!!! <wah>

11. Vermeer

Vermeer Member

Naylor was once again awful. Improved in the second half but still isn't good enough. You can see teams viewing him as our weakness.

Bothroyd didn't look up for it and should of been replaced earlier and JET didn't live up to my expectations of what I heard from the Watford game.

MOM for me McNaughton, saved our bacon countless times.

12. concernedincardiff2011

Heaton - 6 needs to command his area more and communicate with the defenders better

Naylor - 4 and that's generous

Quinn - 5 at least he tries

McNaughton - 8 The defensive rock

Hudson - 6 getting better with every game

JET - 4 very poor both up front and midfield

Ramsey - 6 short passes, decent tackles not fully fit

Whitts - 5 Drifted in and out all game

Olli - 4 the worst i've seen him play all season

Bellers - 8 (MOM) incredible pace, run the wing ragged and scored THAT goal

Bothroyd - 7 better in second half, nice goal albeit gifted to him but Jay STOP FALLING OVER!!!

Subs: Chops 6, Burke 6

Jones: 3 got it completely wrong tactically in the first half, Chops must be furious at being dropped.

These are my personal opinions and ratings, I look forward to seeing yours

13. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

There you go.

Load of garbage for first 20 mins, woke up when they scored but had no zip or movement. Defence a liability whioch is likely to cost us promotion (again) this seson.

14. ninian opinion

Past 14 games-
    4 wins, 4 draws and 6 defeats. 1 clean sheet.
    14 points out of 42.
    Low mid table form at best.

This is over a period equivalent to almost a third of the season.

Question - are City capable of going on a winning run?

Answer - who knows but unlikely - will win a few, draw a few and lose a few but what you can definitely predict is that we will concede goals consistently.

15. concernedincardiff2011

bloody hell mate, and I thought I was being harsh. You really think Quinn was that bad?

16. concernedincardiff2011

play offs again methinks

17. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No concerned, Quinn was certainly not that bad. Defensively, he does what he has to do as part of a back 4 without being spectacular. Going forward is where he comes unstuck. Little vision and even less pace on the overlap.

On the left side I'd love to see MacNuggets and Bellamy have a run of games together - they could terrorise a few defences between them.

On the right, unless we play Burkey, we have no pace. Mathews could add a bit to that at RB but I reckon the lad is still suspect defensively.

18. ninian opinion

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footba...ut-it-did-take-a-deflection-6-91466-28098762/

OS

Did this guy see the game?

Quinn the same as McNaughton and Naylor 5?

And suggesting Heaton should have saved that deflection?

Let's face it we have no decent full backs save McN'n. He though has to cover at CB cos for some reason Jones wasn't keen on Keinan.

Depressing beyong belief but it would help if our central midfield broke up more play to stop the oppo onto us.

19. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nin - If he did see it, he must have been pissed.

I saw your rating of Quinn somewhere else and thought you were a bit harsh on the lad, but to score him the same Kev is ludicrous. Got to admit I think Quinn can be quite good defensively - he had a terrific game against Leicester last year and I'm sure he's capable of repeating that in the future.

Naylor a 5? <yikes> What a pillock to score the guy at that level - he was hopeless last night. That was the poorest I've seen him play since he joined us. Time for DJ to admit it - but will he?

20. Boyoos99inOz

Boyoos99inOz New Member

Worrying Statistics overall - on the brighter side I suppose we have improved in recent games against top of the table sides.

About statistics - be interesting to reflect on the no of changes to the team over this period, that is in player and positional - albeit due to injuries,illnesses and new signings.

Most success is achieved by a settled side. If DJ can achieve this quickly I believe we'll be in autos. Not confident though......
    Example : Why was Chops on the bench ? Unnecessary change

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.