1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread The F.A. Cup Final.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Naas Blue, May 13, 2021.

1. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

The 140th final of the world's oldest cup competition !
    Roll of Honour.... Arsenal 14 wins
    Man Utd 12
    Chelsea 8
    Spurs 8
    Villa 7
    Liverpool 7
    This is the Competition that started my love affair with Chelsea. We had just got our first colour telly and i got to see Chelsea draw with Leeds and go on to win it in Old Trafford 1970. This young lad was hooked and 51 years later he hopes to be seeing The Chels go clear of Spurs and win their 9th !
    I think we have the ammo to win this especially if Johnny Evans doesn't make it. A massive 2 weeks coming up.

2. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

After a serious balls up v Arsenal, can't see Audi making the mistake again of putting out a poorly selected and turgid team. Mind you I guess he didn't expect so many players to get into a Mogodon state at the same time.
    Think we'll see his City beaters out there again, injuries aside, with hopefully Kovacic getting some minutes or even starting alongside Kante. I'd prefer Alonso to Chilwell and CHO before Pulisic, but think a front 3 of Werner, Havertz and Mount our best shot, with Ziyech playing right side of midfield 4. And that's why Audi gets the big bucks and I don't !!
    Whatever, Leicester cannot be underestimated, but we should have their measure on recent form.
    Fabulous to even be in the Final, and fingers crossed they bring home the trophy.

3. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

We’ve been predicted to lose this by Lawro so I’m happy we go in as underdogs.

TT will have learned his lesson against Arsenal and knows it’s nothing but strongest team until the final game of the season.

I bloody hope we win this!

4. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Well that VAR decision will go down as one of the worst decisions in football history.

5. Naas Blue

Leicester deserved the win....we were ****e for most of the match. Had a bad feelin about it this morning and the team sheet didn't cheer me up. As regards VAR, if the correct decision is come by i suppose that's the main thing, but personally i would go back to the old way of the referee callin it. When our goal went in the Mrs was dancin around the floor but i couldn't fully celebrate as i said to her wait for this var. The rest is.....:headbang:. I honestly think the spontaneous joy of a goal is being robbed from the game.

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Unlucky lads

:D

7. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Called the "handball " before Leicester goal soon as it happened, VAR never attempted to properly look at it. Our 'goal" was just VAR waiting to pounce.
    That said, it was 2 mistakes from us that cost us.
    First starting Werner as striker was a big mistake, he has proved so many times he is just no good in that role, but extremely good on the left.
    Second waiting so long to bring on Giroud when corner after corner, cross after cross rained down on their goal with nothing to show.
    Have to credit my mate Chilwell who showed his best side when played, and Pulisic again ran in circles.
    If we had to lose pleased it was Leicester who deserved their first FA Cup, and not Utd or Arsenal.
    Now we have to smarten up and hammer them mid week.

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Totally agree, CP

9. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

......the best stat is the London European Cup stat: Chelsea 2 wins, Spurs 0 wins, Arsenal 0 wins. :emoticon-0167-beer:

Naas Blue likes this.
  10. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Taking the P there BB Love it.

Naas Blue and Bristol Blue like this.

11. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Yeah turned out nice again.

Naas Blue and Bristol Blue like this.
  12. Bristol Blue

......the Kings of the King’s Road are Kings of Europe again. <bubbly>:emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0168-drink

Naas Blue likes this.
  13. Naas Blue

Correct BB !!! How are you on the pissed stakes....i'm almost there <cheers><party>.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  14. Naas Blue

7 Major European Finals and only lost one of them....by the width of the feckin post !

Bristol Blue likes this.
  15. Bristol Blue

One hell of a European record and all this achieved while Brentford have been out of the top flight of English football. In fact, all our trophies have been won while Brentford have been out of the top flight to way back before 1955 when we were crowned as English Champions. Anyway, well done Brentford - their promotion back to the top flight of English football totally eclipsed by our European Cup triumph. :1980_boogie_down: