1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The early #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 17 Apr)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Apr 16, 2018.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning / Evening Everyone

Leeds fans have been reacting to the nomination for the LUFC player of the season award.

The Radrizzani PR machine must be on overload. They have included 5 yo Noby Nye.

For those of you that don't know, Toby has been fighting stage 4 Neuroblastoma for over a year. To give the club and players their dues, they have helped raise in excess of the £200,000 needed to treat the brave little boy.

Is it the right thing to do, nominating him for player of the season?

Here are the nominations

This is what some of the fans think...

please log in to view this image

Phil Hay‏@PhilHayYEP

A personal view but I also think any award for Tony Nye should have been separate to POTY

@LufcFan191
    Or just given it to Pablo Hernandez? I mean they’ve even added roofe just to add the numbers up

Jamie Kilburn@J_Kilburn
    Replying to @LUFC

Gjanni Alioski, Kemar Roofe hahahahahahahaha

Neil Gibbins@gib1974

Alioski and Roofe. Can’t wait to read his thread later. Ffs.

Danny Pigface@Pigface80

Replying to @LUFC

God knows how Alioski and Roofe have got anywhere near the shortlist but lets be honest, none of the players deserve it. Some have had the odd good couple of game here and there but overall they’ve been poor. I wouldn’t have bothered this year.

Lee Stead@LeeSteady1973

@APOPEY Alioski?? Seriously??? This guy is one of the worst ever players I have seen in a Leeds shirt ever

Andy McVeigh@pantsdanny

Nominating Roofe and Alioski is indicative of a poor, poor season. They've been average and that's being kind. Saiz has been brilliant in short spells and got himself banned for 6 games for being a petulant arse.
    Even Pablo is only effective at home generally.
    What a club.

oneplum@PapaHirst

Replying to @LUFC

Roofe
    FFS!!!

Andrew Bone@andrewbone84

None of the players have performed over the whole season. Still think Pablo is overrated. Saiz was brilliant at the start of the season, non existant since Xmas. Alioski has had spells but nothing consistent. I like Roofe but can't say he's had a good season - but has anyone?

Lardy‏@ShaunijeW

"But Angus, what happens when Pablo wins PotY and then he leaves, that'll look ****!?" "Hold on, I've got an idea..."

West Ham will cut their losses on ex Preston forward Jordan Hugill in the Summer.

The 25yo centre forward was a target for Leeds during the January transfer window but either opted to join the Hammers, or more likely, Leeds refused to pay what was being asked.

Since his move to East London at the end of January, Hugill has played 28 mins.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. ellandback

Forum Moderator

David Prutton reckons Heckingbottom has not been given a proper opportunity to show what he can do.

Speaking to the YEP, Prutts said: “To put that in the context of Leeds United, if the results under Paul Heckingbottom are as poor as they were under Thomas Christiansen towards the end, doesn’t that tell you that this, first and foremost, is down to the quality and mentality of the team?”

He said that injuries have played a part but that the results show that, first and foremost, the squad needs a major overhaul.

“As for Leeds, it won’t reflect well on them if, at the the end of the season, they jettison Heckingbottom.

“It’s literally three months since Andrea Radrizzani was apologising for the last appointment he made.

“It would call into question Radrizzani’s judgement, the advice he’s getting from people around him and the idea that Leeds have a coherent plan when it comes to their philosophy.

“Heckingbottom needs to produce better results, there’s no denying that, but pointing the finger at him feels like missing the bigger picture.”

leeds60 and Farsleyexile like this.
  3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I would have to say that 10 points from 13 games is absolutely unacceptable whicj ever way you look at it. Rad must surely be looking for an excuse to get rid of the former Barnsley boss.

I reckon the next loss we have (where we lose by 2 or 3 goals) will give Rad the ammo to get rid of Heckingbottom.

If we don't beat Barnsley, Heck will be gone...

4. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

He got that bit right..........

..... the clueless twat should have been gone weeks ago.

southernwhite likes this.
  5. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

For those of you that don't know, Toby has been fighting stage 4 Neuroblastoma for over a year. To give the club and players their dues, they have helped raise in excess of the £200,00 needed to treat the brave little boy.

£200 I think you need to change that mukka <ok>

ellandback likes this.
  6. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

wrong you should never have hired him he was bottom 4 in the same league ffs <doh>

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  7. Chippy / Glory

Rad was doing another pr charity thing...

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all

The comments from Prutts are what scare me because I can see Radz sticking with Paul H simply to keep the media and pundits off his back. A massive decision this and one he should take head on. Is he man enough?

If Radz sticks with PH then I will keep my powder dry again and hope the club have done the right thing, but if results dont take an immediate upturn the fans will be screaming for Radz and PH to go and nothing worse than “you dont know what your doing” being sang at ER

I can see only Lewie Coyle being given a deal after his return from loan. The kid has been an ever present and candidate for player of the year. Antonnson started well at Blackburn scoring 8 quick fire goals, but got injured and struggled to get back in the team and Im afraid if you aint good enough for a L1 team you are not good enough for Leeds. Will Kit hen come back better but remember hes been playing in the Northern Counties League, so Wilkes etc are all going to struggle

ellandback likes this.
  9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Theres a lot of truth in what Prutton says. The squad is rubbish and PH had nothing to do with any of their signings. Added to that, injuries and the ones that clearly dont want to be there and hes inherited a nightmare. I suspect PH is not the right man for the job either. If Rad is going to ditch him, it should be this weekend and give McCarthy or whoever a few training sessions to assess the squad.Mind you, twenty minutes watching a dvd of recent games would sort out the assesment thing

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Doc, Morning Eire, Morning Glory

11. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Good morning all

Our club is an absolute joke

Embarrassing !

12. Brendan Sheerin

Brendan Sheerin Well-Known Member

Morning, short and to the point.

I agree with the quote.

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Amazing isnt it a few months ago we were all made up and positive. Radz has to take the blame for this because if he hadnt have bought back ER we would have allowed him more time. However he did buy back ER and did say we have to be better than last seasons 7th and be in the Premier League within 2 years. Now this

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  14. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt an d co from a dull Bardsey well at least its not rain ing yet!
    PH should normally be given at least 6 months and a window but this is Leeds so I expect MM to be installed after the Barnsley gam e as PH loves his old club nothing would give him more delight than a Barnsley win which would propel them out of the relegation zone and put Birmingham and Monk right in it
    I have seen the list of future signings and its the same old freebies loanees and lower division players we seem to be after.I can hear Glory now
    What we need is a proper striker not some non descript from Holland Marriot played with Terry giving him the run a round get him!
    We need to spend big on 5 players I am thinking 25m so if you haven't got that bring someone in that has

southernwhite and Eireleeds1 like this.
  15. Chippy / Glory

ahem

1964white likes this.
  16. Chippy / Glory

Apart from forgetting abou updating her fans with an update ont wonderful Moe your post is strangely accurate.

17. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Yes alright,turns out you were right :embarrassed: :pdon't mind admitting it.Morning all.

18. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

To Glory who was wrong again no doubt he didn't back the national winner either but I did!
    Moe has had to come off her treatment as she was side effects .So we are now on plan B thank all her fans for their kind thoughts xxx

19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning 1964

1964white likes this.
  20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Come on Chip tell the truth and putting the fishing rods away. You are secretly a happy clappy so I never take your whining and pessimistic posts serious
    <laugh> Ahem

ellandback likes this.