1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The downfall of the house of Leggo

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by DevAdvocate, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Rustie bugmuncher

Rustie bugmuncher Well-Known Member

<doh>.

2. Patience

Patience Spastic Arab

<laugh> :huh: <yikes> <doh>.

3. Ciaran

Ciaran 2016 POTY

There's a point in there.

4. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

<laugh>

Now you know why I have him on ignore.

5. Tina.

Tina. Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

6. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

<laugh>

The state of the **** with his almost but not quite Rangers Club tie.

7. Cossy

Cossy Well-Known Member

McCOIST BOOST FOR FANS’ BID FOR RANGERS REGIME CHANGE

ALASTAIR McCOIST’S decision to proxy his 1M shares to his local supporters club has boosted the fans’ stake in Rangers to more than 13.5 per cent.

And it flies in the face of everything the £270,000-a-year spin doctor employed by the Rangers regime, Jack Irvine, has been whispering in the ear of journalists, namely that the outcome of Thursday’s Annual General Meeting is a foregone conclusion in favour of the deeply unpopular board.

The Irvine strategy is clear. He wants to sicken the already battle weary Rangers supporters. He wants them to believe they have no chance and that it is not worth their while voting.

But Irvine’s typical sneak attack is not working. For Rangers supporters know they hold the key to the outcome of the AGM. They know that their votes will count. Now the most high profile Rangers fan of them all, manager Alastair McCoist, a Rangers icon, has gone back to his Bluenose roots to act with deep commitment and display his real love of Rangers. (By keeping the club spending shed loads of cash......on it's manager?)

Any Rangers supporter who is also a shareholder must now act. Every Rangers supporter who is also a shareholder must make sure they vote on Thursday. They must attend the AGM or proxy their vote to a trusted pal.

For despite the black propaganda from the regime’s hated £270,000-a-year spin doctor, Jack Irvine, the fact of the matter is that the outcome of the AGM is tight and still too close to call. And the regime knows that.

Therefore every vote counts. Every percentage of ownership of Rangers will be vital in determining whether Rangers remain in the grip of the current regime or are passed into the hands of those who will act as custodians of what Bill Struth called the sacred trust of being a Ranger.

McCoist has already displayed his Struth credentials....again. (Is he taking up rowing?)

Lest it be forgotten, it was Alastair McCoist who stood tall during those dark days of the late winter, spring and summer of 2012 when the club’s very existence was in peril.

It was Alastair McCoist who sent out the clarion call of “We don’t do walking away,” and rallied a stunned support. Now he has once again given them the message that he remains, at heart and soul, a Bluenose. (For 'We don't do walking away' see 'We don't do walking away - not when there's money to be made. We stand idly by whilst Yorkshire wide-boys come in and fleece the fans for cash. All for the price of 80 tea bags and two packets of hob nobs. Lets just overlook the bit where I support all of this, get a million share sweetener and £760,000 a year to beat a team of mechanics & shop keepers. Move along now!')

Now it is up to the good men and women and true of the East Kilbride Rangers Supporters Club to use the Rangers manager’s proxy wisely.

And it is up to every Rangers fan who owns a share to do the same. The message is simple, you have a vote and you have a club. Use your vote or lose your club.

It will also be interesting to gauge the reaction from the Institutional Investors to the news about McCoist’s 1M votes, his 1.54pc stake in Rangers being proxied to the fans.

Blue chip investors from London’s Square Mile will surely look again and wonder what is going on inside Ibrox when the plc’s most high profile employee does not automatically throw his weight behind the directors. That will give those investors much to ponder and could sway the undecided, or even force those who have previously backed the board to start think that the best way to protect their investment is to vote for regime change. (That is, of course, assuming these blue chip investors give a flying **** about RIFC. Maybe there might just be one or two - million - better business opportunities out there better than a newly-formed Scottish club trying to make it to the big time in an under-funded, poorly thought of league.)

McCoist’s move comes on the back of his old team mate, nine-in-a-row captain Richard Gough coming out against the controversial regime. (That'd be the same Richard Gough that said Rangers had died?)

It comes when the man voted the Greatest Ranger Ever, but branded “Thick” by the regime’s £270,000-a-year spin doctor Jack Irvine, John Greig has refused to go to Ibrox for over a year. (John Greig is thick. What's the drama?)

While the best Rangers manager since Bill Struth, Walter Smith is also in exile from the club he loves. (Did he do walking away? He likes doing walking away.)

It all adds up. (....if, like Leggo, you've got thirteen fingers.)

They all know the danger of the regime retaining its stranglehold on the Rangers purse strings. This regime has coined in around a staggering £53M in the past 18 months, but by their own admission will have a mere million left come April.

How can they possibly get their hands on another £50M-plus in the next 18 months, the year and a half which is left before the planned Rangers return to the top flight? (Well it won't be from Paul Murray or McColl.)

Yet Rangers supporters know it will take that and more to run the club over the next 18 months and then buy the sort of players capable of beating Celtic to the title in season 2015-16.

They also know how tough it will be for Rangers to get back to the top flight, before even starting to think about halting Celtic’s procession to 10-a-row and more, an unchallenged cake-walk which will put Rangers proud world record of 54 titles under serious threat. (Well it's not going to change, is it? 54 and holding....for eternity)

Even with the current squad, getting promotion from a Championship which unlike League One will contain a number of full time contenders, including Hearts, Dundee, Falkirk and Dunfermline, will be hard.

But with cash so tight inside Ibrox, it is more likely that the Rangers squad will be weakened by the sale of its best players, rather than strengthened by the arrival of better ones.

Lee Wallace is an obvious target.

And Wallace is the only member of the squad who is good enough to be part of a team supporters could have faith in stopping Celtic in their tracks during a return to the top flight which is only, at best, 18 months away.

All of which adds up to why it is absolutely crucial to everything Rangers supporters hold dear, their 54 world record titles, the spirit of Bill Struth, the legend of the Greatest Ever Ranger, John Greig, their belief in nine-in-a-row hero Walter Smith and his loyal captain, the outspoken Richard Gough and now the courageous actions of old Golden Balls himself, their iconic manager, Alastair McCoist, that those fans return Rangers to the sort of men Bill Struth would have recognised as being worthy of the sacred trust of being custodians of all that he held dear. (FFS sake...is this Leggo's Winston Churchill moment? I'm getting all misty-eyed........pishing myself laughing)

The consequences of the alternative may be hard for Rangers fans to think about. But Rangers supporters should think about them.

For the more than 13.5 per cent of Rangers which is in their hands gives those Rangers fans the chance to save Rangers. But only if thbey use their power.

8. Cossy

Cossy Well-Known Member

Or you might prefer this......

http://daveleggit.wordpress.com/

David Leggit &#8211; Giving it to you in a straitjacket
    More faces than Big Ben

Count me In Paul

Posted on December 18, 2013

Well the time has almost arrived when the spivs will meet their match.

Thursday can&#8217;t come quick enough. I have tried to contact my man on the inside, Real True Ranger Jim Traynor, but despite hundreds of phone-calls to his direct line at Ibrox, Jim must be to busy to answer his phone at the minute.

On Thursday all fans must get behind the True Blue Knights. Paul Murray a lifelong fan who once had goldfish named Goram and Brown and Malcolm Murray, another lifelong fan whose great Dane dog was called Laudrup.

I believe that once Paul Murray gets power he will appoint someone who will be media savvy and despite rumours that Keith Jackson will be that man, my sources tell me that my years within the &#8220;inky trade &#8221; will see the right person appointed as my old Presbyterian granny used to say &#8220;who is buying a round&#8221;

Anyone attending the AGM should get themselves over to a well known bar on the Copland Road before or after the meeting where I&#8217;ll be signing copies of my excellent book about Bill Struth which is free with every copy of a year old Follow Follow Fanzine, if the publisher decides to appear.

Reliable sources have told me that Police Scotland have the gang of 50 within their sights and action is expected soon on allegations that some of them illegally parked their vehicles at a recent meeting in Braehead. Pip Pip.

Lets hope the righteous prevail and Paul Murray wins as I&#8217;ve done more somersaults over the last few years than an Olympic gymnast practising for the big event.

And&#8230;

Coming soon, Financial advice from Ex RST Members, A guide to cheap holidays in Thailand and the big question can alcohol damage your brain?

Blotto

9. Patience

Patience Spastic Arab

Is he deid?

10. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

I hope not. The world would be robbed of a handsome and erudite young man and there are precious few of them on this planet.

11. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

HE'S BACK

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=76703221

BBC SCOTLAND’S UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER
    HERE WE GO……..

HULLO and welcome back to LeggoLand, which I am told is returning by popular demand.

Though I think the best reaction to the news I was about to unsheathe my ancient quill came from my old pal, Follow-Follow supremo Mark Dingwall, who always has a wonderful sideways style of looking at things.

Mark’s wry comment, just when you thought it was safe to back onto the internet, had me chuckling.

However, let me tell you the genesis behind the return of LeggoLand. For the past 20 months I have been doing two monthly half hour podcasts for Heart and Hand. David Edgar has been very kind in providing me with a platform to wander down my favourite highway, Memory Lane, recounting some of the things that have happened to me and some of the people I have met in more than half a century in journalism.

The man who makes all of that possible is Heart and Hand’s Steven Harrigan, a seasoned podcaster who has carefully guided me through the first faltering steps, helping me gain confidence in delivering my tales verbally, as opposed to my usual output through the written word.

Mind you, those who know me will smile at that. I have never been known to be short of a word or several when it comes to blethering.

Steven has been telling me for some time that the feedback from my “Conversations” series on Heart and Hand has included many requests from folk who would like to read my thoughts again. I am in my seventies now, happy and content in retirement and grateful for the privilege and honour Rangers bestow on me by allowing me access to the Media Gantry at Ibrox and I resisted the temptation to switch on the laptop again.

But Steven has been persistent and when he explained that he would kindly take care of all of the technical side of the operation my resistance crumbled. I am indebted to him for giving me the opportunity to once again do something I have always enjoyed….write.

May I also thank David Edgar and Mark Dingwall for their stalwart efforts in letting as many folk as possible know that LeggoLand is back. There is no point in me writing unless folk know where to find my words.

LeggoLand will be published every Monday morning and will take aim at the absurdities of the Scottish Football Association, the SPFL and also the SNP, plus, of course, a look at the many things Rangers, which interest so many.

So let’s kick off with a blast at those balloons at BBC Scotland.

NOT since Robert E Lee handed over his sword to U.S. Grant at Appomattox in 1865 to signal the end of the road for his rebels and an assorted bunch of Nazi generals and admirals gave up their guns to our own Field Marshall Monty in 1945 has their been such an act of unmitigated unconditional surrender as BBC Scotland’s groveling apology to Rangers.

It brought to an end their seven-year boycott of Ibrox. But not the reason for that pathetic boycott. The fact that their chief sports news reporter Chris McLaughlin remains unable to access the media areas of The Stadium.

Seven years ago, at the instigation of then director John Gilligan and the then director of communications Jim Traynor, BBC Scotland were informed that McLaughin’s press pass had been withdrawn. In an ill judged bout of retaliation, the BBC huffed that they would be boycotting Ibrox.

This point about the Beeb boycott cannot be stressed strongly and often enough. Some people still labour under the misapprehension the BBC were banned. They were not. They chose to ban themselves, which is best described as a boycott.

And that is where the situation has lain, dormant for the past seven years. Or so most people believe. However I am now in a position to reveal a confidence I have been party to for more than three years.

In the months before lockdown the top brass at BBC headquarters in London had become frustrated at the intransigence of their Scottish colleagues. The man at the very top of the Beeb at the time was Tony Hall, now Lord Hall. He dispatched his right hand man and top troubleshooter David Jordan north to try and sort things out.

Now Jordan was a man more used to heading off to some of the world’s most dangerous trouble spots such as the worst terrorist countries, in order to ensure BBC reporters had access and could be safe. So a jaunt north to chair a meeting between BBC Scotland officials and Rangers is something he must have viewed as a dawdle.

However, to his consternation and education he discovered a new word. A very special Scottish word. Thrawn. For BBC Scotland seemed in no mood to listen to reason.

In the last three years, though, there have been changes at the top of the BBC in both London and Glasgow. Tim Davie is the Corporation’s all powerful director general, while Steve Carson took over as the BBC Scotland director in the autumn of 2020.

Which is when things started to get moving. And this is when great credit must be handed to Rangers. The club was keen to see the national broadcaster able to provide Rangers supporters with the best possible coverage of the team and this time the BBC was willing to bend.

In fact, according to my information, from a well-connected and previously reliable source, so keen was BBC Scotland to reach a settlement they were willing to grovel and admit they had been biased against Rangers. These talks took place last spring, with the BBC hoping Rangers would both accept their declaration of unconditional surrender and allow them to announce it in time for the climax of the season.

A climax which of course saw Rangers swagger through to the Europa League Final and then win the Scottish Cup in dramatically exciting circumstances.

This time though, it was the turn of Rangers to give BBC Scotland a taste of their own thrawn medicine. No deal was the message from the Ibrox powerbrokers. Or at least, not until the new season, with an agreement put in place to allow BBC Scotland to publicly grovel a couple of weeks before the big kick off.

So, what now for a taxpayer funded broadcaster which has also been forced to issue another unconditional surrender over the lies peddled by Panorama reporter Martin Basher?

Well, in the years after Lee’s surrender, the south, once so proud and cocky, was reduced to abject poverty and misery, while it was only the generosity of America which rebuilt the ruins the Nazis has reduced the so called master race to.

With that in mind, and certainly as far as BBC Scotland is concerned, a period of humility is called for. But what do you think the chances of that happening are? Aye, me too. For, while there are not many blue noses inside that glass palace on the south bank of the Clyde, there should be plenty of red faces at their biased bungling incompetence.

MISSING CASH

ACCORDING to the Auditor General for Scotland a few BILLION quid of the many billions the British Government gave to the Scottish National Party’s bungling buffoons in Edinburgh to help in the fight against Covid cannot be accounted for.

Maybe he should try looking in Natalie McGarry’s handbag.

EU CRISIS

AS a die-hard Brexiteer I was intrigued to learn of just what a state the EU is in without Britain to prop it up. And nothing underlined that more than the fact it was announced last week that Italy, yes, that’s right, Italy, is the third biggest economy in the European Union.

Pip Pip……..

HERE WE GO……..

HULLO and welcome back to LeggoLand, which I am told is returning by popular demand.

Though I think the best reaction to the news I was about to unsheathe my ancient quill came from my old pal, Follow-Follow supremo Mark Dingwall, who always has a wonderful sideways style of looking at things.

Mark’s wry comment, just when you thought it was safe to back onto the internet, had me chuckling.

However, let me tell you the genesis behind the return of LeggoLand. For the past 20 months I have been doing two monthly half hour podcasts for Heart and Hand. David Edgar has been very kind in providing me with a platform to wander down my favourite highway, Memory Lane, recounting some of the things that have happened to me and some of the people I have met in more than half a century in journalism.

The man who makes all of that possible is Heart and Hand’s Steven Harrigan, a seasoned podcaster who has carefully guided me through the first faltering steps, helping me gain confidence in delivering my tales verbally, as opposed to my usual output through the written word.

Mind you, those who know me will smile at that. I have never been known to be short of a word or several when it comes to blethering.

Steven has been telling me for some time that the feedback from my “Conversations” series on Heart and Hand has included many requests from folk who would like to read my thoughts again. I am in my seventies now, happy and content in retirement and grateful for the privilege and honour Rangers bestow on me by allowing me access to the Media Gantry at Ibrox and I resisted the temptation to switch on the laptop again.

But Steven has been persistent and when he explained that he would kindly take care of all of the technical side of the operation my resistance crumbled. I am indebted to him for giving me the opportunity to once again do something I have always enjoyed….write.

May I also thank David Edgar and Mark Dingwall for their stalwart efforts in letting as many folk as possible know that LeggoLand is back. There is no point in me writing unless folk know where to find my words.

LeggoLand will be published every Monday morning and will take aim at the absurdities of the Scottish Football Association, the SPFL and also the SNP, plus, of course, a look at the many things Rangers, which interest so many.

So let’s kick off with a blast at those balloons at BBC Scotland.

NOT since Robert E Lee handed over his sword to U.S. Grant at Appomattox in 1865 to signal the end of the road for his rebels and an assorted bunch of Nazi generals and admirals gave up their guns to our own Field Marshall Monty in 1945 has their been such an act of unmitigated unconditional surrender as BBC Scotland’s groveling apology to Rangers.

It brought to an end their seven-year boycott of Ibrox. But not the reason for that pathetic boycott. The fact that their chief sports news reporter Chris McLaughlin remains unable to access the media areas of The Stadium.

Seven years ago, at the instigation of then director John Gilligan and the then director of communications Jim Traynor, BBC Scotland were informed that McLaughin’s press pass had been withdrawn. In an ill judged bout of retaliation, the BBC huffed that they would be boycotting Ibrox.

This point about the Beeb boycott cannot be stressed strongly and often enough. Some people still labour under the misapprehension the BBC were banned. They were not. They chose to ban themselves, which is best described as a boycott.

And that is where the situation has lain, dormant for the past seven years. Or so most people believe. However I am now in a position to reveal a confidence I have been party to for more than three years.

In the months before lockdown the top brass at BBC headquarters in London had become frustrated at the intransigence of their Scottish colleagues. The man at the very top of the Beeb at the time was Tony Hall, now Lord Hall. He dispatched his right hand man and top troubleshooter David Jordan north to try and sort things out.

Now Jordan was a man more used to heading off to some of the world’s most dangerous trouble spots such as the worst terrorist countries, in order to ensure BBC reporters had access and could be safe. So a jaunt north to chair a meeting between BBC Scotland officials and Rangers is something he must have viewed as a dawdle.

However, to his consternation and education he discovered a new word. A very special Scottish word. Thrawn. For BBC Scotland seemed in no mood to listen to reason.

In the last three years, though, there have been changes at the top of the BBC in both London and Glasgow. Tim Davie is the Corporation’s all powerful director general, while Steve Carson took over as the BBC Scotland director in the autumn of 2020.

Which is when things started to get moving. And this is when great credit must be handed to Rangers. The club was keen to see the national broadcaster able to provide Rangers supporters with the best possible coverage of the team and this time the BBC was willing to bend.

In fact, according to my information, from a well-connected and previously reliable source, so keen was BBC Scotland to reach a settlement they were willing to grovel and admit they had been biased against Rangers. These talks took place last spring, with the BBC hoping Rangers would both accept their declaration of unconditional surrender and allow them to announce it in time for the climax of the season.

A climax which of course saw Rangers swagger through to the Europa League Final and then win the Scottish Cup in dramatically exciting circumstances.

This time though, it was the turn of Rangers to give BBC Scotland a taste of their own thrawn medicine. No deal was the message from the Ibrox powerbrokers. Or at least, not until the new season, with an agreement put in place to allow BBC Scotland to publicly grovel a couple of weeks before the big kick off.

So, what now for a taxpayer funded broadcaster which has also been forced to issue another unconditional surrender over the lies peddled by Panorama reporter Martin Basher?

Well, in the years after Lee’s surrender, the south, once so proud and cocky, was reduced to abject poverty and misery, while it was only the generosity of America which rebuilt the ruins the Nazis has reduced the so called master race to.

With that in mind, and certainly as far as BBC Scotland is concerned, a period of humility is called for. But what do you think the chances of that happening are? Aye, me too. For, while there are not many blue noses inside that glass palace on the south bank of the Clyde, there should be plenty of red faces at their biased bungling incompetence.

MISSING CASH

ACCORDING to the Auditor General for Scotland a few BILLION quid of the many billions the British Government gave to the Scottish National Party’s bungling buffoons in Edinburgh to help in the fight against Covid cannot be accounted for.

Maybe he should try looking in Natalie McGarry’s handbag.

EU CRISIS

AS a die-hard Brexiteer I was intrigued to learn of just what a state the EU is in without Britain to prop it up. And nothing underlined that more than the fact it was announced last week that Italy, yes, that’s right, Italy, is the third biggest economy in the European Union.

Pip Pip……..

12. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

https://www.patreon.com/posts/jock-stein-was-72782939?utm_medium=post_notification_email&utm_source=post_link&utm_campaign=patron_engagement&token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJyZWRpc19rZXkiOiJpYTpiZjNjZTg0Yi0yZTY3LTQ4ZmUtYTBiZC1lN2YwZWZkZTY1ZGIiLCJwb3N0X2lkIjo3Mjc4MjkzOSwicGF0cm9uX2lkIjo1ODk4MzQ0N30.pCmsnNQNkExF6rlz6SzytzBNh-WEA2_KSj5VRVePYM0

Here is what is on offer this week.

JOCK STEIN WAS A THIEF

ARCHIE MACPHERSON has written another book which heaps praise on Jock Stein, while once again ignoring Stein’s faults as a degenerate gambler, serial sexual philanderer and, as I can exclusively reveal, a thief who stole from one of his most famous players.

SFA COWARDS

USELESS YOUSAF

BBC MAN CAMPBELL HATES THE PM

BURN IN HELL

THERE was a marvellous story last week about the atmosphere in Scotland being polluted by the burning of millions of tons of waste, all despite the Nationalist/Greens/Marxist coalition obsession with creating a so-called “net zero” society.

13. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur