1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Dixie Dean Arms

Discussion in 'Everton' started by shogs, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He's not daft though, as he was bigging him up in order to help cover his own arse "I've been missing a World Class player for the last few games, so there's another reason why we've been a bit ****"

2. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

01/02/13 - "We didn't need to sign a striker because we had Borini who is the best make shift Winger who's actually a striker in the league coming back from injury. We would have got Huntelaar but we though Borini was better. "

3. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

Glen Johnson player of the season?? Did he really say that:biggrin:

What about Lionel Luis Tom Daily Suarez Messi????????

Must say though for all his defending of Suarez diving I am sure he has had a word In his ear about It?? The last few games he has cut the acrobatics right down and to be fair the guys a better player for It...Unfortunately lol

4. Justovertheline

I'll go on record and say confidently Borini Is pants and always will be...<ok>

5. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

There's always something around the corner with Suarez, he's score ten I their 14 goals this season :undecided:

Wouldn't swap him for Neville though.

6. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

You watch, he'll be influential in Brendan's st Johnstone paint trophy run to the final in 2014/15

7. Justovertheline

LoL <ok>

They are on about building a team/squad etc I cant see Suarez wanting to stay there tbh If they stay around the mid table mark for the next season or so...I am not saying we are light years ahead as we are not just In a better position right now..

Although he Is a loathsome little so and so he Is a cracking player when he's on It so unless they buck the trend of the last yr or so I wouldnt be suprised If he buggered off??

It was In the media the other day about Stevie Me wanting to play for Mourhino (sp?) one day too so perhaps Stevie's not Brendans biggest fan either eh?

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Seconded.

He's gash, hence the reason Chelsea let him go. £11M for him was a buy worthy of Dalglish.

They've been scouting the lad at Burnley - Charlie Austin. I'd piss myself if all the talk of Huntelaar, Llorente & Co. ended with the unveiling of a former brickie for £8M

9. Justovertheline

That would be funny lol If he flopped they could give him a labourer and a mixer he could crack on with re developing our old ground lol:emoticon-0117-talki

10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Who do we think we might be getting in come Jan?

Donovan - again?

Ofoe-long name thing 'emy bob - him?

A N other striker?

I reckon Moyes has got Bill by the short & curlies at the minute, as he's running down his contract. He knows the new bumper TV deal cash lands this summer & he'll use both facts to squeeze some dosh out of the club for player aquisition imo.

11. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Donovan would be fantastic and I don't think he'd only come if he was first choice, I think he would be happy enough to be cover for Mirallas/Pienaar as we could do with depth in that position as when Naismith plays on the right it becomes too narrow having him and Pienaar on the wings whilst the less said about Gueye the better...

I'd be surprised if we didn't go back in for that bloke who makes Straqualursi look easy to spell, was it a transfer last time or a loan deal we had in place? we need a CM anyway, Holtby would be a dream.

Would hurt having a striker in case Jelavic gets a long term injury but Moyes seems happy with Anichebe as back up which would be fine if it weren't for his own injuries. Can we get Stracq back? haha

12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Ofoe - whats his face, was a loan deal, with a view to a permanent. I can see that one happening.

Donovan sounds like he's fallen out with the game in general of late.

Stracq scored a brace at the weekend - legend :)

Moyes tends to find random strikers & I reckon he'll be eager to bring one in. God knows who though

13. Justovertheline

Probably be back In for Ofoe-bla bla

Dont think a striker will be on his shopping list as Fella,Mirralas,Anichebe and Velios can go there (We are creating more chances this yr I think Velios can bang a few In)

I'd like another CM and a Roystern Drenthe type RM so we can go down the right also? I'd like to see Hibbert/Neville used at RB..Coleman has boobed a few times at RB and cost us the first against Liverpool and the equaliser against Fulham.

14. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

found a way to have the same threads on both boards so both Norwich and us can comment on the same match thread. Even though it says moved on the stickies match thread, if you click it then it will take you to the match thread.

15. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

16. Justovertheline

The standard of the officials seems to be getting much much worse a Norwich player miss kicks falls over and ref gives a free kick to which Howard gives his almost weekly gift... gutted 1 point from reading and Norwich and a difficult 3 games to come :undecided:

17. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

if we get nine points from the next three games then we will get fourth.

That won't happen though, too many injuries and **** referees this season.

18. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Davie Moyes says he wont sign a new contract until after the January transfer window,he wants to see how much dough the club cough up for new signings and wants to be sure the club don't sell their best players.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...gs-signs-of-intent-from-club-100252-32319735/

This looks(to an outsider)like a ready made excuse for him to leave for the vacant Scotland job or replace Fergie at OT in the summer.

Unless EFC have got plenty of cash to spend that is, will the club do as he wants?

19. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

No, he just doesn't want to sell any of our best players half way through the season when we could get fourth with them involved. Absolutely no chance he will leave for Scotland, it's a poisoned chalice whilst not only is it unlikely
    Fergie will retire this season but there'll be quite a shortlist ( imagine you're choosing between Mourinho and Moyes).

As long as no players are sold then he'll sign a new contract.

20. Justovertheline

I'd agree with that...Theres been lots of talk of moyes replacing fergie but I cant see It myself as you say there will be some big fish In for that vacancy..