1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The crackpot world of Johnsonisms

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 18, 2021.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I hadn't studied that, ol' Streaky could be making a return..:emoticon-0105-wink:...............Again. <laugh>

2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I noticed it when I looked at the L1 table to see if Ipswich had any chance of going up before MA joins them. Basically they (Ipswich) will do well to even make the Playoffs but if they do, what are the chances of a Sunderland v Ipswich final...…<laugh>

3. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

It refers to the last ten minutes of a game.

4. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Supcon, 5 minutes after I posted I removed Flint from the list of academy players, obvious he came from Swindon. Also remember City fans giving it big time to Swindon fans how cheap we got him.
    LJ/Ashton brought in the useless Bailey Wright to replace Flint, giving him the 5 shirt and even club captaincy, that's how keen they were to sign him.
    One of 63 joke signings.

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I never thought that may be the case.

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I like this one, ' all fart no ****'

8. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I think their fans are worse than ours. They seem to forget where they were in the league table when they sacked their previous manager. It’s a poisoned chalice at Sunderland, as anything less than Premiership football is considered a failure by their fans. After 3 years in the 3rd division you would have though reality might have set in, it seems not<laugh>

9. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

They have the big club mentality irrespective of what league they're playing in, and think that they deserve to be in the Prem because of who they are not the fact they're in Division 3 losing to little Lincoln.

10. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

lots of sensible comment on their forum. Sunderland should not be getting bossed by Lincoln. That shouldnt be where they are. Sunderland should be looking at promotion. Sunderland is a great job for the proper man. reality is they got look at me riddledeedee riddledeedoo.its all been said on here " He believes he is cleverer than the other managers yet his tactics and organisation was there for all to see. Lee Johnson,the face that launches a thousand meaningless words after every effin game. " same picture far bigger club with more to see the crackpot delusion.

11. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Why don't people check their facts.

Although he got them into the play offs, points wise he ended up farther away from automatic promotion than the lottery of the play offs. 1 win in the last 10 games is predictable for him but I am sure it's the fault of the fans again.

He left a poisoned chalice and joined a poison chalice.

It's not over, I bet against them doing this in the 2nd leg.

12. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I have no bone to chew with Lee but I did get a smug satisfaction seeing him lose at Lincoln yesterday. Sunderland are a team that should be at least in the Championship and unless Lee can perform miracles we won't be seeing him at Ashton Gate next season which doesn't bother me at all. C'mon Imps for my dear friend Keith at home in Lincolnshire after a poor few years health wise and so victory over Sunderland would brighten his day. :emoticon-0100-smile

13. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

My wallet may be talking but this tie is far from over.

Agree what he left here but he's a lucky lucky boy to have got the Sunderland job.
    New owner and loads of money to throw at next season whichever league they're in.
    Hardly poisoned, most would give their right arm for.

14. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

So broadly the same as NP for us then....:headbang::headbang: You maintain you're not in the anti-LJ brigade, but again you focus on the 1 win in the last 10, and conveniently ignore the fact that prior to their late poor run, they had lost only 2 of 26 matches. It is odd how is managerial run at City and now it seems Sunderland is characterised by long unbeaten runs, followed by runs without wins, weird!

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  15. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I am not anti LJ but, my problem is the over egging of his achievements by his glee club.

I said when he took the job just getting into the play offs would not be enough especially with new owners in place and now he's losing the fans and for the same reasons that he lost our fans, I would have hoped that he would learn from his mistakes but it seems not.

Yes it was a poison chalice in league 1 and Pearson inherited a poison chalice in the championship.