1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Chilton Stand

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by SydneyTiger14, Feb 27, 2022.

1. JoelTheTiger

JoelTheTiger Well-Known Member

There have always been very talented people working at the club but as time progresses it is great to see them no longer hamstrung by their bosses and looks like the new regime has full confidence in their abilities. Long may it continue. Well done City

2. tigers1970

tigers1970 Well-Known Member

Wonderful video,brought a tear to my eye!!!.…chillo was one of my very first heroes,a lovely man too....thanks to all at city for this and klp too!!!!!lets do chillo proud on Saturday

3. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

They've even been allowed to buy paperclips without filling in a 24 page financial assessment...

dennisboothstash likes this.
  4. Melbournetiger

Melbournetiger Well-Known Member

Just watched the video it was emotional, sorry I cannot be there on Saturday, will be for The Huddersfield game.My one last comment about the Allams ,no not going to bother.
    City forever

highpeak tiger and Evington like this.
  5. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

There are not many things the Allam's did right, the academy was one plus, in addition, they did say they would sell only to what they consider a good home, and credit to them for that, as they appear to have picked a diamond in Acun. It took them long enough, but it seems we have got the best of owners to replace them.

rovertiger likes this.
  6. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Having been lucky enough to see Chris & Waggy in their pomp, what an absolute privilege that was. A fitting tribute to a man who was Hull City through and through and richly deserved.

I am so happy for his wife and family, this must be a very proud moment for them all.

Finally, what an excellent video piece, using one of our own as the main man, it certainly brought a tear to my eyes as I am sure it did with many.

7. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Gonna challenge that John.

They sold to Acun as he was willing to pay near enough what they wanted for the club. They would have sold to the Dai's earlier. We, like the Allams, appear to have got lucky. Nothing to do with them holding out to only sell to a good home.

Re. the Academy. I acknowledge & agree that the Academy has finally been going in the right direction, but there are alternate takes on the situation. The Allams saw several hundred million (was it £500 mill?) flow through the club during their ownership. It could and should even have been much more, had they not screwed up our 2nd and 3rd bites at the cherry (who the hell in the PL goes into the start of a season with not even a starting 11 of senior players?! With even just a little care, we could have stayed up). We still have the below par training facilities at MWL and an academy in a different location. The academy facilities are not the clubs. We still don't even have our own indoor facility or bubble, bar the Airco which again is far from ideal for the need and in another location again. It's been a golden missed opportunity. With sensible investment, we should have had our own much improved facilities. On the plus side, the academy model is I imagine low cost but it is far from the ideal model and if we have ambitions there will need to be upgrades sooner or later. The academy has been producing in recent years, to a large degree because it had to as the senior side became so reliant on youth and not spending. With proper facilities and investment, just think what could be achieved.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  8. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Tbh I was gonna reply but we've been over and over on the same subject, but yes as I've repeatedly said the Allams sold to whomever was able to give them the money they wanted. As far as I can see on the face value of it, we have been lucky with a football man now at the helm who also seems to understand the feeling of the fans, long may it continue.

Gone For A Walk likes this.
  9. Jackthecap

Jackthecap Well-Known Member

Difficulties, I can understand because of ownership etc. If a man like Chris Chilton doesn't deserve an accolade like this then I don't know who does. The biggest shame is that it wasn't done when he was still with us.

10. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

For the avoidance of doubt, the Allams didn't scour the world to find a new owner who in their eyes would be good stewards going forward - that just didnt happen, Acun found them and had the money - that's all

11. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Better late than never, fantastic development initiated by Acun and his team. First time for a few years that I feel our club is in the hands of a good custodian!

Looking forward to the official opening of Chris's stand tomorrow!

rovertiger likes this.
  12. augustatiger

augustatiger Well-Known Member

Anyone been informed they have won one of the 222 balls.?

13. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Not me

14. springtiger

springtiger Well-Known Member

Not me

15. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

Not me.

16. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

Surprised no mention of this today. I liked the reading/poem before the game, nice to see the involvement of Waggy and family too.

nbetiger, TwoWrights, Kempton and 4 others like this.
  17. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Does anyone know who the poet was who read out the Chillo piece? I thought he was superb.

nbetiger likes this.
  18. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Can't help, wasn't there, but do you know what poem it was?

19. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Written for the occasion I think.

Plum likes this.
  20. JoelTheTiger

JoelTheTiger Well-Known Member