1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Canary Dave

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Afternoon all, got my sis in law down for the week as she has been laid off and wants a change of scene. Beers will be flowing in a bit and got a very nice tequila in.

Dias felices.

duggie2000 likes this.
  2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Enjoy Mex <ok>

3. Mexican Hornet

Cheers OFH hope you are well.

Just going to set the BBQ but this time, it is all seafood. Got marlin 6 tuna steaks, dorado & prawns.

We don't mess around!

Lot of boozing later - have a good one everyone.

Peace.

4. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Very grey and the clouds look like rain clouds to me Suits me fine as I am off watering as the back recovers. All very quiet in this neck of the woods, I think that the farm workers are having a day off. Good to see that Liverpool have stated that their fans behaviour was unacceptable, but that should be weighed against those who turned out to clear up the mess. Very strange time for Watford to kick off today. You do have to keep a check on such things or you will find that you have missed the game totally. A win would certainly remove some of the tension. Have a good day whatever you will be doing. <ok>

5. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

andytoprankin likes this.
  6. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Morning all, morning Dave....

Getting prepped for a hornet victory this afternoon..
    Stopped raining here at least!

7. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Sunshine and cloud here this morning, and the météo tells me it will stay dry with a top temperature of 24°C. Big news in these parts is that two mayors from neighbouring communes have both been voted off the councils. Overall voting turnout in the large towns and cities has been very poor at about 40%, but in these more rural areas it has been lower than normal, but still around the 75% mark. I suspect that we who live in the sticks feel safer than the urbanites. Have a good day whatever you are getting up to. <ok>

8. yorkshirehornet

Morning all..... from a wet Yorks

We were supposed be doing the Ingleton waterfalls walk today but the volume of rain makes that a very slippery prospect coupled with a nail in a tyre..... so keeping dry at home...

Take care

9. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

10. yorkshirehornet

Night all... Night Dave...

11. Mexican Hornet

Still can't get over that performance on Sunday - it really was terrible.

How can we change it to stay up? God knows.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  12. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Overcast currently, but the sun is expected to break through and we should have a temperature of around 26°C later. A couple of friends who live about an hour and a half away from here, who are part of our monthly dinner club, have been keeping in touch with everyone by running a photo quiz. They went on a touring holiday around France last year, and using the pictures they took are asking, "where were we"? Last night I worked out that they had visited the battlefield at Crecy. Quite recent history seeing as it took place in 1346. Have a good day whatever you are planning. <ok>

13. Bolton's Boots

My wife has been doing something similar for two of our boys - one stuck in Perth and the other in Madrid. She sends them photos taken from her daily walk around the village and along the cliffs - all taken from odd angles - and asks "What's this?" So far, Perth boy has correctly identified all of them. I'm hoping to finish erecting a fence at the side of our house tomorrow so that she can catch him out with a photo of that...

oldfrenchhorn likes this.
  14. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. A thick mist when I first got up to make some tea, more like October than July. The weather is very strange this year. Still there has been no bad results from my drive yesterday on the back, so I will get and fire up the mower and cut a path down to the fields again. Like Yorkie a trip to a garden centre always results in bringing back more plants than you intend to buy. Luckily the ones we brought back this time are all of the flowering type for the garden at the house, so not my department. Have a good day whatever you are doing. <ok>

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  15. yorkshirehornet

Good morning Dave thinking of you.....

Good morning all........ thinking of you a bit!!

Have a good day...................

16. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Overcast generally, but the sun is popping out every now and again. Maybe a shower this afternoon says the Météo, but my runner beans did get a good soak from me yesterday evening. I was watching earlier a very large green lizard that has set up home under the planters at the front of the house. It seems quite happy there as there are plenty of insects to feed on, and until mid-afternoon it is a nice place to sit and warm up. It was facing off Fritz the cat who arrived with the Dutch neighbours, but transferred his affections to my French ones. He had a stroke a couple of years ago, became blind in one eye, and now struts around with his head tilted to one side. Fritz spends time each day hunting along the grass verges for small rodents, but had no idea if he should attack the lizard or not. Once he realized I was there he strutted off making out that he really had no interest in this strange creature. A few minutes of fun before the work for the day begins. Have a good day one and all. <ok>

17. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

House of Lords Select Cttee on Social & Economic Impact of the Gambling Industry recommends that betting companies “should no longer be allowed to advertise on shirts or kit of sports teams...nor in or near sports venues.”

I would be surprised if anything comes from this.

18. yorkshirehornet

Afternoon all... wet and cool in Yorks

19. Bolton's Boots

Warm and sunny up here.

Just as well - just left the GP's surgery to find my car won't start. Now have to wait here for an hour for the AA to arrive...:(

20. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I once spent a week staying on a farm in Mid-Wales, with a really friendly family. They were lovely people and spoke English to me, which was just as well. However their first language was Welsh and if they wanted to have an argument used that. It was a part of their heritage, something that gave people in that area a sense of collective identity. I was sad to see that in Scotland use of Gaelic is in danger, but pleased to see that some support from the government is forthcoming. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-53262715
    My son-in -law although English went to school in Wales and did lessons in Welsh. He can understand Breton which has a lot of similar constructions and words.