1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Canary Dave

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Feb 1, 2014.

1. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

.....ah..................... but they will remember to remember as the years go by!!

2. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

I've had some proper ups and downs with my old man.

He came over here last Jan and we had 3 weeks and we got some sailfish, dorado and a marlin in Zihuatanejo. He loves fishing as do I but had never caught these tropical monsters. I can now die in peace - mission accomplished.

We get on now too! Must give him a call later.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  3. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Zihuatenejo? Andy Dufresne charter the boat? :emoticon-0105-wink:

4. Mexican Hornet

Sorry Fez. Not sure of the reference there. My bad. It is, however, a real village on the coast - no high rise hotels - you can take little busses around the big bay and visit over 7 beaches in the vicinity. The place is a bit run down, but, the locals are incredible. The place has soul and Zihua has my soul - just like a veruca. The fishing is incredible too as is the sea food. I am retiring there if I live that long. The place is paradise.

5. Hornet-Fez

You've never seen The Shawshank Redemption? Far be for me to spoil it for you, regarded as one of the greatest movies ever made. From a Stephen King novella: Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption. Treat yourself, you will not be disappointed.

6. Mexican Hornet

I'll have a look. Thanks.
    Go to Zihua, no one has ever been disapointed, hands down over purpose built resorts here.

7. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all. A beautiful sunny morning at the start of another very warm spell. Temperatures expected to be around 33°C midweek, but the possibility of storms come the weekend which often happens. I can cope with 33°C reasonably well, but really struggled last year when we had a spell when it was into the 40°s. Retire to the shade of the house with the fans on, but even late evening when I had to water it was too much. Still it is a good temperature just now, so will go and do some gardening. Have a good day one and all. <ok>

8. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

I sometimes miss those days. When we moved inland from the Australian coast, and across the Great Dividing Range, summer temperatures averaged 45°C - but because their was little or no humidity, sitting under a tree would see it drop by at least ten degrees. We spent many a happy weekend doing just that on the shores of the nearby dam.

9. yorkshirehornet

Night all.....

10. yorkshirehornet

Morning all.. Taking a socially distanced daughter who needs root canal treatment to the dentist this morning... They still can't drill etc... But hopefully they can help with pain management etc.

11. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Doors and windows wide open in the hope that we can catch a little of what little breeze there is as it is forecast to be hot today. My son-in- law made it home from Switzerland at the weekend for the first time since the start of January. Firstly he couldn't travel because of snow, then of course the lockdown was imposed. Arriving at the Swiss/French border he had to explain that he was driving a car with Swiss plates because he worked there. Although he had a UK passport he could say that he hadn't been to the country since last October, His French driving license was the final piece of documentation that shows he actually lives in France. Very useful thing is a French driving license which is thought of more highly than a passport here. I have often used mine as a means of ID, and the only other thing to be prized as highly is an uptodate electricity bill with your name and address on it. Who needs passports? Have a good day wherever you might be going. <ok>

12. Mexican Hornet

Big earthquake in Oaxaca rippling up to CDMX here. 7.1 to 7.5 are the reports.

All ok here as we are in a more mountainous region. I assume the vibrations were horizontal not vertical otherwise more damage would have been done. (I think the verticals are more destructive if I remember rightly)

On with the show, it has been raining a bit recently, slow rain, all day rain. The real rain the countryside needs this time of year.

13. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. A bright blue sky, warm already as there is not a breath of wind. We are seeing just a few vapour trails across the sky now, but very few compared with some months ago. My daughter phoned last night via her mobile phone to say that she had lost her internet connection, which includes her landline. There have been plenty of roadworks around the area and fibre is being installed in town and some of the larger villages, so there are reports of careless digger drivers about. As the granddaughters are still doing some of their schoolwork via the internet this is a problem for them, so we might be invaded by teenage girls using our internet connection. I might go in search of a shady tree to relax under. Have a good day whatever you must do. <ok>

14. yorkshirehornet

Hello all.... hot here north of Leeds

15. Hornet-Fez

and in Leafy Bucks! :emoticon-0107-sweat:emoticon-0107-sweat:emoticon-0107-sweat in the office, nice outside

16. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Still very warm indeed, but there is just a little breeze. The forecast suggests that we might see thunderstorms this evening, and says that tomorrow they will be with us all day. Tuesday evening I managed to do myself harm by stretching too far with a full watering can at arms length. Spent most of yesterday with the feet up which seemed to take the pressure off my back. Feels much better today and Mme says I am now upright again. I will be taking it gently again, and wouldn't mind some rain to do the watering for me. Have a good day whatever you will be doing. <ok>

17. yorkshirehornet

Good morning Frenchie, Dave and all.. Take care!
    Been for my fortnightly supermarket trip fully ppe'd yorkshire style..
    Gearing up for tonight Mlle and her Leeds born boyfriend are coming, he is now a fully signed up Hornet supporter... Getting a take away from our local family Italian.. Wine and beer chilling..
    COYH!

18. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Expected a storm and rain during the night, but it didn't arrive. A sprinkle of rain maybe, but I put off doing any watering which was a mistake. Sunshine and showers forecast for this morning which is interesting as there is not a cloud in the sky. Need to do a little bit of shopping, but our trips to town have greatly reduced, shown up by how little I visit a filling station anymore. Must keep it up as it is good all round, unless you are a supermarket owner of course. Have a good day whatever you will do. <ok>

19. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Quite a change in temperature here with some breeze to make it far more comfortable. Did my watering last night then while picking peas managed to twist my back, resulting in a long and painful walk home. Gardening is not on the radar today now. Perhaps a study of the formbook would help my predictions. Have a good day whatever you will be doing. <ok>

20. yorkshirehornet

Morning all.... had a hot muggy sunny walk in the countryside south of York yesterday..... . and two hours later north of Leeds... the mother of all thunderstorms with large hail stones and rain rain rain.... still raining this morning,,,, the power of the storm split gutters and flooded our gardens like we have not had for quite a while....

Maybe it will keep the beaches clear!

Have a good day all....