1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Burly Arms

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Lovearsenalcock, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Get in the queue for a spud.

Peej likes this.
  2. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

@BobbyD - not sure what part of China your family heralds from mate but on the train in this morning my daughter was waxing lyrical about how her and her travelling companion were treated by China Southern Airlines staff etc at Guangzhou - whilst hardly anyone spoke English, so communication was a bit difficult, they were given complimentary food and drinks more than once during a storm enforced delay re their onward flight to Cambodia and everybody on the flight was given a 20% cash refund for the delay before boarding - my daughter described the staff as 'absolutely lovely - polite and charming'

Reason we were having the conversation was on the back of her boyfriend getting arrested in Laos yesterday - and her contrasting - him and his mate were randomly stopped and searched by Laotian police - found a vape at the bottom of his rucksack - which apparently aren't allowed in Laos - and promptly marched him into an interview room with 3 burly guards toting machine guns - told him he had 2 choices - cough up the equivalent of £500 for a spot fine or face going to court and up to 3 years in prison!! - silly ****er had lost his wallet a few days ago so all he had was his Monza app on his phone and about £11 in cash - he explained and the robbing bastards just took his cash (and the vape) then told him to '**** off' ... which he quickly did <laugh>

brb likes this.
  3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

that goes without saying, i told my cousins to give the young white blonde totty the star service for one of my not606 bros.

Glad to hear she had a good time and the service was good, i've heard china airlines in general are pretty **** (But they are more budget and consistently cheaper than other airlines) so maybe things have changed lol.

Never been to Laos but i can imagine it's still quite under developed. One that was on my radar but it didnt make the cut when i was travelling round asia. I imagine it's pretty good now as a lot of the other asian countries have become more touristy

brb likes this.
  4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> ... eldest and youngest are blondes - middle one, who it is - dark brown ... but I'm sure the other young lady is very grateful!!

Cambodia was apparently fantastic... highly recommended - lovely beaches - amazing (shocking) history - Angkor Wat - Khmer Rouge...

5. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

I drive up/down that way to the office once a week. Be good to support him, he is on full time dialysis and has done a lot to raise awareness/cash for kidney research. But all that standing about for a spud?

Chief likes this.
  6. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

B4B35342-4193-4FE5-8EE8-46554DF3C2D5.jpeg

Sat here pretending to be James Richardson discussing Parma v Sampdoria while she tries on dresses she inevitably won’t buy.

7. brb

brb CR250

If you travel over to the other coast from Noto, about an 1hr + away, to Punta Secca, there is a lovely beach and if you glance over your shoulder as you look out to sea, get a picture of Montalbano's gaff lol

8. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Drove through there this morning too.
    Was it Christopher's coffee shop?

9. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Pissing down here, fun just watching all the motorhomes and caravans getting bogged down in the field, loads having to be towed to their pitches by the site tractor. Joys of an English festival

Solid Alboland and PINKIE like this.
  10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I bought a ****ty old Renault Traffic van once to go to Glastonbury and sleep in because I knew it was going to be wet. On the way out, amongst thousands of other cars and vans trying to get through the mud, the slide door fell off, got stuck in the mud and blocked everybody behind me

I got out and tried to haul it out of the mud, but some nobber drove over it buried it even deeper and then got stuck on top of it

I was like, **** him he can have my door <laugh>

BobbyD, Peej and Gessa like this.

11. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Would love to go back to Glastonbury. But the young uns would piss me off.

12. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Whole thing sounds a nightmare. Pay a fortune to be surrounded by ****s so you can stand 50 yards from some music and sleep in a tent for the price of a week in Spain then spend about three days trying to leave.

Did Reading for the weekend around 2007 (QPR’s Ray Jones died driving into a bus and our game was postponed). That was great but actual adults choosing to do it in 2024 need their hard drives checking in my considered opinion.

duggie2000 and brb like this.
  13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I've never paid to get into Glastonbury

Whole different affair these days with Biometric iris recognition and DNA samples at the gate

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

please log in to view this image

duggie2000, brb and PINKIE like this.
  15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Glastonbury is ****ing superb.

£40 last time I went mind, so not been for 30 ish years.

It's still the ultimate festival though.

Absolute ****e line up this year.
    Unless Taylor Swift makes an appearance to save the show.

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Seen some ****ing awesome bands at Glastonbury

Primal Scream
    The Prodigy
    Beastie Boys
    Portishead
    Blur
    Pulp
    Orbital
    Sonic Youth
    The Orb
    Spiritualized

The list goes on. But the best parts of Glastonbury are away from the main stage and in the smaller marquees and random creative areas.

17. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

If that Primal Scream was 1992 Screamadelica, then we were both there, and it's still one of the very best sets I've ever seen in my life.

Followed Orbital iifc. The Orb had been on earlier, that was such a good year.

Wasn't even the main stage ffs.

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Well there you go, Orbital and The Orb also on your list so definitely the same year!

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I can't even remember now, I thought the Orb played a year or two before ?

But I remember Orbital being a big deal, set starting off seeing two blokes with those double head torches and then it exploding into an amazing light and lazer show.

20. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Can’t disagree with that list.

Pulp on Sunday night in 98 was epic, had watched the England /argentina game on a big screen in a mid filled filed earlier in weekend.