1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 5, 2018.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

The writing was on the wall as the ref blew the half time whistle.

Three goals and another sending off was the equivalent of a boxing match where one of the fighters was unable to protect himself anymore - in the end it looks like Christiansen threw in the towel; his post match presser was that of a defeated man.

The Dane was put out of his misery Sunday evening - the 17th change since the Blackwell era in 2005-06.

It seems to me that Rad listens quite a lot to fans opinions, this being the case I wonder whether Orta will join him.

TC's assistant Julio Bañuelos and Paul Butler have also been given their marching orders.

Here are the odds for the next permanent Leeds Manager:

Steve McClaren
    4/6

Simon Grayson
    9/2

Gordon Strachan
    11/2

Paul Heckingbottom
    7/1

Marco Silva
    10/1

Jaap Stam
    14/1

Paul Clement
    14/1

Slaven Bilic
    18/1

Frank De Boer
    20/1

Juande Ramos
    20/1

Mick McCarthy
    20/1

2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Job partly done. Orta out before summer and leave the summer signings to someone who understands the championship. Hopefully that’s McCarthy or similar managing and having a big say in the signings. Probably need to shed a lot of dead weight during summer as well. One things for sure, McCarthy would not have tolerated the load of red cards recently

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

Thomas was too much of a nice guy, I think some of our players need a man in charge capable of the hairdryer treatment. My immediate fear is that some Spanish coach will step in with little experience and knowledge of what is required in the Championship.

I wouldnt rule out Grayson coming back, I’m not sure how I would feel about that myself. Would he fair better if he concentrated on team selection and attacking football leaving a defensive coach in place to sort that back out?

I’m just trying to think “who” would be willing to work under a DOF and not many are springing to mind. I wish Orta had been shown the door at the same time but next man in, if he fails do you keep blaming him or do you start to question the signings?

4. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Hola

Realistically whoever gets the job has a Herculean task given the sack of **** we have in our playing squads. I don’t think Rad is going to change and will ultimately fail to progress the team or continue to achieve returns on his business plan but I expect more of the same as he is clueless.

The only thing that matters is the first team and it is weak, lightweight, ill disciplined and has the worst goalkeepers and strikers in the division. But it’s worse than that we only have two or three ( at a push) players that are even average standard for the championship.
    Saiz ( he will be off)
    Ayling
    And Pontus on days when he remembers it’s a team game.

This is the worst squad we have had since Bates led us to league one and without a new coach bounce we could well end up looking over our shoulders hoping the bottom three don’t catch us. We are just about the only team apart from Sunderland that has got worse since August.

In other news we are buying a building plot ( one of two, depending on the price haggle) and engaging an architect ( will run through some suggested designs today). There is some scope for making some limited gains on an investment as well as getting a great bolt hole. Brexit not withstanding.

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Heres an idea. Club are running a poll to decide best crest. Why not let the fans pick their favourites for the job online. Create a shortlist to help Rad. Couldnt be any worse than previous methods weve used

6. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a dull Bardsey
    Well I called kit right yesterday and I hope I called it right with m y suggestion of Marco Silva who did a great job at Hull
    The Wally with the brolly speaks for itself NO THANK YOU!
    Simon would only come if he were in charge of all affairs he told that to Cellino when he interviewed him for the post
    Paul Heginbotham seems to nice a man for me
    Stam no and Strachan what has he achieved So Silva for me

ellandback likes this.
  7. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Possible replacement for T.C.
    Not going to comment on the list, does not do my stress levels any good.

Radz on trial

8. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

If your DoF is still there nothing has changed manager sacked virus still there.

you have just swapped Cellino for Orta. <ok>

Sacked one game after window closes blah blah blah

9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2 pennth likes this.
  10. Chippy / Glory

You are more convinced that the swap is real than I am.

11. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning all.Wow that news surprised me i honestly thaught radz would stick with TC till the end of the season,just wish as Ristac said, Orta was shown the door as well.The only positive to come out of saturday for me is that felix has well & truly shaken the hoodoo of letting in the magic three<yikes>.
    On to the managerial side of things,i agree with most others on here that Big Mick would be a stunning appointment,but would he want to go from a stable job at Ipswich, to what shall we say a risky one here,but if he fancies a monumental challenge,this is where it would be.If he was able to turn things around he would become a managerial legend.
    on to the others
    marco silva,not sure about another continental manager
    McClaren, please no
    simon grayson,hmm that would be interesting,his foremost qualification would be his love of Leeds Utd (which in my book counts for something),he also has unfinished business here.But not sure he would be able to turn things around.
    Definite no to the rest from me.
    But can't understand why Pearson is not on the list?

Whitejock likes this.
  12. Chippy / Glory

Only one person has called this season right so far and it’s not you.
    But you are talking to him...

13. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

When did you suggest Marco Silva and so we all know you call it right who is the new manager and I don't want you evading the question

14. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Of course he has gone Cellino was football first whereas now you are being run as a Business and more like a cattle market <ok>

15. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

This season was just one big wind up by the rest of us,and you fell for it every time
    <party>

16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just been on the official Leeds United Facebook page, what a mix of comments and suggestions from the fans...

Pearson, McCarthy, Grayson, Monk, O'Leary, Strachan are all names being called for and creating debate. I've left a message and joined the many saying please no to McClaren just in case Rads has a read through...

17. Chippy / Glory

The key phrase in my previous was “ so far”.

Whilst you were celebrating our promotion , us signing world beating young talent and the next Pep Guardiola being in charge I was saying that Rad was clueless and going to run the first team into the buffers with his business model. As for who comes in it’s irrelevant Rad and Orta are the problem.

If I had to predict I would say McClaren has been lined up... and that’s would be another Rad **** up. But another foreign coach would be a bigger one.

18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1. Phil Hay‏@PhilHayYEP 5m5 minutes ago

Definitely won't be Steve McClaren. He was there on Saturday as a guest of Christiansen's assistant, Paul Butler. Christiansen took training yesterday before parting company with Leeds. Players not in today but Leeds trying to get an appointment finalised in the next 24 hours.

36 replies 62 retweets 142 likes

2. please log in to view this image
      Phil Hay‏@PhilHayYEP
      23m23 minutes ago

A couple of people I've spoken to this morning don't think McClaren is the coach who Leeds are looking at. Someone else lined up by the sounds of things. #lufc

19. Chippy / Glory

That would explain it.

20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator