1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 18, 2018.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds have landed Adam Forshaw from Boro, but at a cost!

That cost is reported to be anything between 2.5 and 4m depending on which source you believe.

Good value for money, or did Boro see us coming?

Forshaw was a key member of the Boro team that got promoted to the Prem, and subsequently relegated.

The 26 year old made 34 top-flight appearances last season, coming onto Gareth Southgate’s England radar.

Apparently Pulis wants to reshape his own team and is happy for him to move on.

You may recall that Cardiff were also after Forshaw. Their pursuit ended when they managed to snap up Liverpool's Marko Grujic. Grujic is already a full Serbian international and tipped by many to be a part of their first team next season. Saying that, the Championship is not the easiest of leagues.

If you were given the choice, who would you go for - Lets throw Clayton into the mix too.

Forshaw, Clayton or Grujic?

According to TUTTOmercatoweb (TMW) five days ago, Leeds United had asked Juventus about the loan availability of young forward Moise Kean

Vercelli-born 17-year-old Kean is an Italian international at age levels ranging from Under-15 to Under-19, where he made his début at the start of September 2017. Across all these age groups, young starlet Kean has featured 28 times for his country, netting 13 goals.

The 17-year-old is currently on loan at Hellas Verona and has been well-and-truly bloodied, featuring in 15 Serie A games and scoring two goals – one of these against giants AC Milan in a 3-0 victory.

Goals are what Kean knows, regularly scoring for Juventus’ youth and Under-17/19 squads. Before making the step up to senior football, he was on fire in Juve’s Under-17 set-up. At this level he was quite prolific, scoring 29 goals in just 36 appearances – including 19 in the 2015/16 season.

Now the story has taken on an added layer of intrigue with news coming via Italian outlet Calciomercato who today said that Italian giants Juventus had “unveiled the proposal received for Kean.”

Calciomercato say that “an offer from Leeds for Moise Kean” was a loan deal but one that they call a “dry loan“. What this entails is Leeds United having a “willingness to pay most of his signing,” the Whites fulfilling his current salary “almost totally.”

Could Noel Whelan be getting himself into hot water on social media?

Benjy@Benni878
    Replying to @NoelDavidWhelan
    Do you believe Orta doesn’t understand the English market hence why we’re going overseas? The track record of British players bought in hasn’t been good as we’ve seen with CBJ

please log in to view this image
    Noel David Whelan@NoelDavidWhelan

Yeah but he's crap lol

Leeds have enquired about taking Chris Martin on loan to the end of the season, but the Rams have refused to part with the 29 year old hitman.

They won't let him go to a promotion rival!

2. Clive Time

Clive Time Active Member

It's not much money in today's market.

I'd rather permanently sign a 26 year old than take a 21 year old on loan.

I don't know much about either player, but it would seem Forshaw is a top level Championship player in a position where we needed to strengthen, and I would imagine he's a better option than Clayton.

Noel Whelan is a knobhead. I'm not sure whether he means CBJ is crap or Orta is crap, his post doesn't make a lot of sense. Radio Leeds commentary has been shocking for years, I miss the days of Bryn and Norman.

It's nice that Derby view us as promotion rivals, some of our fans seem to think we're more likely to be relegated.

It's tough getting a striker in because most of the proven strikers at this level are playing in the Premier League, so you're looking at a hit and miss journeyman, someone who hasn't played in a while, or taking the gamble that Marriott can make the step up.

3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning CT, I agree about Forshaw. The Championship is such a difficult league to get out of (Although Millwall made it look easy 2 seasons ago) that having someone with positive experience of this division along with the fact that he is 26;( a good age for a footballer) hopefully will have someone who can hit the ground running.

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Clich could be on his way in the next 48 hours

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Leeds United will see young Polish duo Bartosz Boniecki and Hubert Sadowski from Pogon Szczecin on trial for the next week, as confirmed by the parent club.

The Polish side revealed via their official website on Wednesday that the youngsters would be making their way to Thorp Arch for the Whites to run the rule over the pair, with both having played at youth level for Poland.

Boniecki, a versatile 17-year-old winger who can play on either flank, has made five appearances for Poland’s under-18 side, and has turned out 11 times for the under-19s at the top flight Polish side.

6. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

The piss taking continues.
    We will have the biggest u23 set up in the world just on the off chance one of em might be worth a few quid when Radellino flogs in a few years.

7. Chippy / Glory

Good morning.
    The weather forecast was bang on we have woken up to snow.
    If tomorrow’s day time forecast is as accurate the game will be off.
    #justsaying

ellandback likes this.
  8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Radellino. I see what you've done there. Morning btw pal

Marcos Barber likes this.
  9. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Morning Ell, how are you feeling fella?

Yes, Chippy saw through Cellinos cunning plan months ago. He is hiding until his ban expires so he can swan back into Elland Road and lead us to Glory. In the meantime, he has installed Rad his fellow Italian as a fake owner. The cover is brilliant, coach is given more than 6 games to see if he can do the job, bought a stadium, not had any court cases or bans and buys players for over a million. It’s so obvious I can’t believe I didn’t see it <doh>

10. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

clear as a bell here in Wakefield not a hint of snow.it's even stopped raining for a while.

11. wakeybreakyheart

Good morning Elland and every one.i have got my wish and we have signed a left back and a midfielder.
    don't think we will sign a goalie as cover but you never know.
    if we sign a striker of quality i will be very surprised but one point i would bring up is people say it's hard to make a signing in January but two have been made.
    perhaps the club will surprise me this window but agree with chippy ref the u23s.how many more do we need ?.
    the last point i would make is loanees. i am open to them as long as they are good squad options.someone with experience in defence and goal.players are out there it;s a big world.Orta gets paid for this so let's see what he is made of.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, good to see you back Elland I hope you’re starting to feel better <ok>

I don’t know why but I have a good feeling about Forshaw, he is proven and experienced at this level, probably described as average but won’t let you down. Someone who would probably score 6/10 or 7/10 every week.

I’d prefer him over a loan player at this moment in time but I’ll hold that thought until they have both played a few games. I just hope Thomas is in agreement with this signing otherwise it will be a complete waste of Rads money.

That’s two out the three many thought we needed, two realistic signings and in the region of £4m spent so far as Sky reported Forshaw as costing £2m. This season still hinges on a decent striker coming in, fingers are crossed.

I see we are rumoured to still be in for Ulloa but we wish to loan him.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  13. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co froma sunny Bardsey ,What snow none here
    Adam Forshaw seems from what Kranker says to be a model pro and one that was touted for an England debut last season so I hope he proves Orta right
    Still looking for the elusive striker but my guess is we will have one or two by the end of the window

14. simon hibbitt

simon hibbitt Active Member

I think Forshaw is exactly what we need, experienced head to hold the middle of the park to allow our flair to do their thing. Look back a few years and Danny Drinkwater was a similar level playing at Leicester. Never setting the world alight but flourishing now on the fringes of the England set up. Lets hope that forshaw can do the same for us. A great signing for £2m and maybe a steel for £4m if it gets us up. IF we can get a striker back or Lassogga in form, we will have a very solid team indeed.

I can see a run coming on, I hope we Dallas comes back because personally I think Alioski is too lightweight at the moment.

bucks_is_leeds and ristac like this.
  15. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

Oooh, better wear me big coat then.

FORZA LEEDS and Chippy / Glory like this.
  16. Chippy / Glory

Very localized.
    A covering in Harrogate, 4 inches out past Borobridge heading east. Deep enough to have shut the A1 and A19 in County Durham. None in Leeds and more strangely none heading west to Skipton which nearly always cops it. The forcasr was spot on yesterday,,,

Tomorrow the same forecast said 5"+ for Leeds and West Yorkshire between 09.00 and 15.00.

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all. Read the stuff about the 17 year old striker last week, but discounted it as there is no way Orta would sign a 17yo to go into our first team unless he was a proven goal scorer and top prospect. The kid has only scored twice in the top league so not prolific and he plays at a bottom end club who will probably be relegated. So as we have enough young strikers this is a non starter.

Pleased about Foreshaw as I have only read good things about him and he is what we need. Lets hope the wall see a new tougher Leeds with these 2 signings as well as more dynamic flair. Any player who is in a relegation doomed team who gets himself on the fringes of a full International call up cannot be a bad player.

Hoping we do make a striker signing and as long as he has a good record wherever he comes from he has my support. Still wish we were chasing Prijovic

18. wakeybreakyheart

O'kane was sent off Saiz the spitter is banned.ronnie is recovering from a injury sustained in a tackle.Kalvin Phillips is one game away from another booking and a ban.Foreshaw can make the spot his own and with ronnie beside him would for me be a good pairing.i think phillips is a better option as an attacking mid.

19. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. We’ll have a fair idea in about six weeks what signings are made of whether inspired or the other kind. We can look at all the stats we like but it’s how they respond when they pull on a Leeds Jersey that’ll show what they’re made of. I stopped listening to tc pressers a while back as you clearly can’t believe a word he’s saying. Most coaches or managers are the same anyway

20. RCDM

RCDM Well-Known Member

Stop whinging ya feckers, we've signed 2 players in positions we needed and sounds like we're actively looking for a striker <ok>

Not sure what else we wanted?