1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Nov 23, 2017.

1. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

But again even in the worst case scenario that 13 of the 14 summer transfers didn't work out and nobody would sign them/take them on loan - even if we paid part of their wages which I think is unlikely we would still be financially covered if Saiz is sold for above £10 million - still a gamble of course and I don't think that is AR's main aim - I think it's to build a squad/team to gain promotion and one capable in the premiership - but business wise I don't think it's a totally foolish gamble to take.

FORZA LEEDS and Eric Le Merde like this.
  2. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

I am amazed how there are people who cling to the past ... Green, Grayson, Becchio, Snodgrass, Howson, Taylor, Wood, Cook and even a loanee like Bartley ... players leave because they want to, managers get sacked because they failed, get over it

I love Leeds United and I bleed White/Blue/Yellow ... every time a goal goes in against us it feels like a dagger to my heart ... I have suffered more disapointment than I care to remember following this great club, but I have never wavered or considered jumping ship like Nasser Hussain and Colin Montgomerie did when they abandoned Leeds to "follow" Arsenal after relegation

I support the club regardless, because one thing I have learnt in life is that constant positivity and love breeds an environment that allows success to happen ... constant whining and negativity breeds an environment of fear and failure

I will criticise when I see genuine continued poor performance rather than a blip, because I also know that class is permanent ... when Golden Boy Green cost us 12 to 15 points last season, Monk left him in the team to find his confidence and form, and now people are screaming for Green to return

Felix should have been left in the team to fight through the bad spell, then we would now have a confident, quality keeper ... you don't get rated as number six in the Bundesliga, a very attacking league, if you are a poor keeper ... unfortunately people like Phil Hay (a scummer in disguise) love to create negativity because it fuels headlines, and the media along with a vocal minority launched a vile attack on Felix, and we have seen the result of that

it doesn't help the club when there is constant abuse and negativity flung at the leadership team, manager, staff and players ... divided we fall for sure

then there are the comparisons being made, like Sheff Utd for example ... well, they have a settled team that's physically built for a fight ... they have momentum from a promotion season, and they have NO EXPECTATIONS AND NO PRESSURE to do anything this season ... this freedom allows them to go for it every game, because a loss is not a disaster ... I bet that their manager would struggle at Leeds under the weight of expectation and constant scrutiny, just like their top striker Sharp did when he was at ER ... pressure and expectation does crazy things to the mind, and most don't cope

getting sixth place with a massively overhauled squad this season will be huge progress ... getting promotion will be a bonus ... a few quality additions to the squad will make a big difference, and next season will be a proper promotion campaign for Leeds with a settled team and a manager who has learnt from his first season in the Championship ... I would expect us to have a proper go at promotion next season with some gaps in the squad filled

please, no more unfound rumours about Lasogga not wanting to play for Leeds anymore when he made a massive sacrifice to actually play for us ... no more Felix bashing because Green chucked in the towel and fled at the first sign of competition ... get behind the club and let's commit to help build something awesome, it's so much better than constantly tearing everything down and stagnating

Radz is God

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    FORZA LEEDS, gombawn, davy and 7 others like this.
  3. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Thanks Billy

Whitejock and BillysStatue like this.
  4. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I have angst at the moment and your post put into words what I could only have insulted people about.

Whitejock likes this.
  5. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I was sober as I wrote it.........:)

6. Irishshako

:biggrin:.........2):emoticon-0136-giggl

7. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

you weren't the only one, and I got in there first.

8. Chippy / Glory

Can I suggest more in hope than expectation that there is another cut off point in relation to mikes welcome input.

9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

My well being is of no matter.i am not chippy and if you had met him and you would know.
    It is no use cheering these players week in week out it wont inprove them.
    I hope we win every game and do not need to man up as was suggested last night.this is a forum and it is not them and us .it is one poster as an individual making their own comments.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  10. Chippy / Glory

Given how he has pocketed the transfer fee received cash up to press what makes you think this?

wakeybreakyheart likes this.

11. Chippy / Glory

Man up? Don’t know who said that but i hope it wasn’t a hypocrite.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  12. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

i'm so proud.:angel:

Irishshako likes this.
  13. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

Because unlike Bates (who was a ruthless rather than a successful businessman) and Cellino (who just pretended to be successful whilst sucking at the family trust teat) Radrizzani is a successful businessman (as a founding partner of a company set up in 2004 and sold for 1 billion in 2015). He knows that the real money on his investment comes from a return to the premiership not from pocketing bits from transfers.

You may be proved right ultimately but I think this years accounts will be more understandable than previous years

Whitejock, FORZA LEEDS and Jammy 07 like this.
  14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Firstly I said we havent properly replaced them and we haven't so I am unsure what your point is? I'm not wishing them back, I accept they wanted to leave but they should have been replaced with quality replacements. As for told the club last season, can you prove that or are you listening to rumours now? I'm a bit less negative than some as I believe a top quality keeper and striker is all we are short maybe with a CB thrown in.If they REALLY did both tell the club last season that they are not staying then it is even more of a shame that we never sourced good replacements for both.

I didn't say or insuate he doesn't want to play and never have, it would be better if you stuck to facts. I think he is a poor quality player not suited to the Championship, he doesn't find space, he has no pace, we haven't a team of Barcelona type players cabable of putting the ball onto someones toe 10 yards out and won't have in the near future.

Oooh I disagree with people and I don't like anyone being negative, I'm going to pull the "Just Like Waccoe" card... <doh><doh><doh><doh>

You still never told us where you saw Klitch performing defence splitting passes ;) <ok>

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Eireleeds1 likes this.
  15. Chippy / Glory

PR man manages to produce a slick PR set of accounts. There is more evidence we are being milked than he is serious about progressing the club so far... early days but he is losing credibility.

16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Think this clip shows whats weong with our tactics wheres the fooking striker, lucky Alioski was there

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Ristac all I see on this board recently is 85% negativity. So for me think its time to go

18. Chippy / Glory

85%?
    I remember when I was the lone voice of honest assessment.

19. Irishshako

Thanks Dad...........:emoticon-0105-wink::emoticon-0136-giggl

20. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Probably cos 85% of our results are defeats If we’re only allowed post positive stuff the board will soon resemble the Millwall one