1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Nov 23, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

It was always going to be a difficult fixture - away to top of the table Wolves, but 4-1.

Leeds defended their goal as well as Alistair Cook defended his wicket.

What has happened to Leeds discipline?

Yet another penalty = That's 4 in a row!

Another sending off - do we think had Viera stayed on we could have got a draw?

I know that a Manager needs to be positive, but after the game TC said “I don’t think there was a lot between the two sides...”

Thoughts?

He went on to say: “The players took their responsibility on the pitch. They performed well. I don’t think it’s a game they didn’t want to win. With that I’m happy."

TC's happy?

How many of those goals was Lonergan responsible for?

Is it time to bring Felix back?

There are rumours doing the rounds that Lasogga does not want to play for us anymore.

Thoughts?

2. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good morning to Matt and Eric from abright Bardsey
    Nothing bright last night however and I can imagine some very smug sole preening himself in front of his very large mirror saying I told you so it makes me sick!
    I feel very sorry for AR and TC because you are judged by your results and not on how much you spend so no doubt there will be many fans stoked up by the ramblings of a few baying for TC blood.How sad !
    At least he lasted longer than Simon Grayson who I rate as a manager

Eric Le Merde and ellandback like this.
  3. leeds60

Matt you mentioned penalties well 2 of those should not have been penalties Derby and Boro

4. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

My concern is TC May be weak though I accept it’s hard to tell from outside. If he’s saying the right things in private then ok, slight concern he seems to be allowing a lack of professionalism in the team

He’s also started complaining about ref decisions (not the Boro penalty, that was a fck up obviously ) where I can see every time why the decision was made

Lasogga no idea - if he doesn’t want to play then fck off, I didn’t think he was bad but he’s not great either

Farsleyexile and ristac like this.
  5. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Think possitive lads i said you would get 0 points from your last 4 games and you took 3, I think you will get 1 point from your next 4 so maybe youll get 2 <ok>

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Somebody said something last night that sums up this league: Pity we have to wait until Wolves are in the Prem before the financial fair play rules bit, but Prem money means the fine is a joke.

Throwing cash at a club is one way of getting the fook out of this league but the best way is having a manager who can do it. Look at the Blades, a manager flying without huge cash or will he be found out like Grayson when going for back to back promotions. Huddersfield brought in a manager & invested cash. Everyone thought Reading were Brazil but where are they this season? Last season cash and manager won out with Newcastle/Rapha & Brighton/Houghton. managers like Dyche perform without money. Is Tommy that type of manager?

Leaders on the pitch? we dont have any because as soon as we go behind we shrivel. Last night we were bossing the game for the first 15 minutes then the idiot Cooper thinks he wants to Eden Hazard and screws up, we go behind, the heads drop, we play shyte they score again. Last season we had leaders in Pontus & Bartley but we give the armband to Cooper who cannot lift or motivate them. Pontus hasnt been Pontus this season, is that the reason?

Lonners is not good enough and not as good as Felix. Felix needs his place back and if his confidence is shot we need this brilliant scouting network to bring in a new keeper in January.

7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. We’ve ten points from the last thirty six. We must be fast running out of escuses. I’ve no doubt Ortas mediocre signings are the biggest problem

LeedsLover and leeds60 like this.
  8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

9. Eireleeds1

We’re only paying 10k of his wages though, his club is paying the other 40. Also doubt if we can send him back as it’s a season long loan. He’s never looked very interested but that’s the danger of loaning players. Not too many of them will be willing to die for the cause

10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I read somewhere he was on £60k and his club were paying two thirds, oh well, either way £10k is still too much...

Eireleeds1 likes this.

11. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I see Antonnson has been knocking them in for Blackburn, if we sack Lasogga can we emergency call him back.

12. Eireleeds1

Isnt it interesting Ristac, that were asking for him and Greene back, Cellino signings. Some progress. Antonnson would definitely be worth getting back if we can though

13. leeds60

You missed buy a lkeft back!

ristac likes this.
  14. leeds60

Sorry but he is playing in a lower league

Whitejock likes this.
  15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It hurts after another defeat and we all want to point fingers and blame someone, Ayling, Cooper, Lonergan, Thomas, Pontus, Vieira, Phillips and Substitions have all been blamed over the last few hours, we all have differing opinions but for me it's mainly down to who thought Grot, Ekuban and Lassoga were better than Wood and even Antonsson now and who thought Felix should be number one over Green and finally why when we were already short at the back did we not properly replace Bartley?

I can accept LB as we brought a couple in who on paper should be better than they are. I'm starting to think get Coyle and Denton back and prepare them for next season...

Jammy 07 likes this.
  16. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning all (if you can call it that) first six games or so our defence was solid as a rock,now look at them their now playing as though their on a football suicide mission,no wonder IMO the confidence has seemed to have been drained from the team.IMO Defence needs fixing first starting with the keeper we all know lonergan/weiderwald are **** so why not give BPF a try (could he be any worse) We also need,as has been mentioned before a proper leader on the pitch, a wise old head even.now i am gonna bandy a couple of names about for the january window players who are in their twilight years but who could do a job in the championship,someone like Robert Huth to captain,Leicester might be willing to let him go in january? and what about Peter Crouch up front,could see him knocking them in for fun,but as for a keeper who knows maybe BPF might be the new catalyst we need.this post is just a thaught,would be glad to hear other thaughts on this subject.

Farsleyexile likes this.
  17. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Yeah bring Felix back for a few games, then when people get on his case, bring back Lonergan, then get Felix back etc etc. And before Greens name is brought up, he wanted to leave, instead of fighting for his place, in which case he'd be back as num one.The German can feck off if the rumours are true. For what he is priced at he ain't worth it and IMO is an immobile lump of ****e. Every manager talks the team up, not only to try and keep morale up, but also to keep himself in a job. I think there are a lot of delusional supporters in general and I'm not having a pop at any 606ers.
    After our good start, supporters got carried away. I think supporters are reacting to the scoreline and aren't looking at some of our periods of play. 2.1 would in my opinion been fairer, but football ain't fair. I do think we need two up front, one target man and one quick and skilled play who can play off his partner. Now that's enough of my sensible football talk for the week.:grin:

18. leeds60

Crouch has two many irons in the fire and at 35 too old Huth could be a good shout and should galvanise the defence Macarthy for me in al goal along with Joe Byran at left bacy

southernwhite likes this.
  19. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Good morning Mike.
    I am sorry you are feeling unwell (sick) today and hope that Moe is recovering still.

I only have one question:
    Who was the person that correctly called the result last night?
    They seem to have a decent grasp on the state of our club and they will be proved correct about the failings of TC.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Ristac you keep going back to Greene & Wood but the facts are that both were leaving the club, had told the club last season. So no point in talking about them as they were never going to be here. Just like Monk had told Radz he was leaving before the end of last season. Monk is to blame for having a go at Taylor which forced him out and we could have done with him right now.

having a go at Lassoga is a joke, yes he can look lazy but which striker doesnt if he isnt being given the ball. Everyone having a go about him not wanting to play now, WHY do you have info we dont? As fas as Im aware he is ill and we were told last Friday he would be out for a fortnight, so until I hear different..... Nobody complained when he left his wife & baby in Germany so that he could play instead of spending time with his new daughter ffs. Oh and if you want some facts, Lassoga has the 6th best goals to minutes played ratio in the league with his 5 league goals and 3 assists.

I am beginning to have a problem with Orta and the players brought in. Klich dumped, Sako bought, Cibicki?, Grot? CBj,

This board is turning into Waccoe