1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 29, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Viera has been named in the England u20 squad, but he cannot get a game for Leeds!

Has he fallen out with the gaffer?

Should he start in the Yorkshire derby?

The Blunts have overtaken Leeds in the Championship table, pushing the Whites down to third position...

The cheek of it!!!

Thoughts?

Cardiff stopped Leeds United from playing by targeting goalkeeper Felix Wiedwald, according to the Yorkshire Evening Post.

“At their best Christiansen’s team take some working out but the division is starting to digest aspects of his philosophy,” report the Yorkshire Evening Post. “Ipswich and McCarthy were specific in pressing Felix Wiedwald on Saturday, complicating the goalkeeper’s attempts to direct play from the back.

“Warnock had evidently examined Wiedwald’s brave but risky attempts to pass and be damned and had Cardiff’s forward line on his case on Tuesday night.

“Wiedwald thought twice about pushing his luck and went long instead, to a line-up which was not set up to receive them.”

please log in to view this image

How have the football terraces changed in the last 30 years?

Having you experienced or heard racial slurs>

How were they dealt with?

Does it go on today, and is it acceptable at football grounds?

2. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Good morning

We should not worry about other teams above us, we need to continue to average 2 points a game and we'll get auto promotion

However, last few performances have not been great. On Vieira, I think a Phillips and O Kane give us the best DM options, he's got that right. I'd try him before klich next time though. Having said that klich was unlucky to come in when TC decided to drop saiz and lasogga, would have liked to have seen him in a mainly unchanged team

Ought to be confident for the next one, but I'm not

Whitejock likes this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

Targeting our keeper doesn't explain the lacklustre performances from so many others though. If we can't combat our keeper being pressed it's pretty poor, don't buy it myself.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  4. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning Matt from a dull Cote de Bardsey
    I would drop the german for Lonegren bring in Penningtonand Saiz for Hernande zand Lasonga for Alioski
    We should have enough in our locker to beat the Owls I wonder what has happened to Foresteri I know he had a bust up with Winnall but he Winnall was then sent out on loan but I haven't seen his name on the team sheet since,strange,
    if THE Owls lose on Sunday I expect the manager to get sacked and another manager having sleepless nights is at present hiding in Fountains abbey.Having spent the best part of £40m in the window its not going to well for our former manager .They can't score goals and that's an area he spent over £25m on!
    Perhaps he is practising being an hunter like he stated when we fell out of the top 6.Well if that's the case perhaps he should start fishing because he sure can't hunt!

5. Brendan Sheerin

Brendan Sheerin Well-Known Member

The performances are down to the team only able to play from the back. When the last three teams have realised that, they stopped the way we play hence the crap football being played.

Agreed with the above. Lonegren is a far better keeper IMO

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  6. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

As for racism I have never thought of myself as a racist I have always called a spade a spade

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Think Forestieri is out injured for a few weeks?

Viera, O'Kane & Hernandez were part of all our best performances last season, so maybe time Phillips was rested. Hard to know how Tommy thinks as he doesnt mind benching players, but also never rushes to give a player a start. Sacko, Viera Klich The Swede, CBJ .... we will just have to wait and see as Tommy and his career depend on results, so we just back the guy until he actually screws up

8. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

if you couldn't handle the pressure of London and the pressure of Cardiff how the fook you gonna handle a derby <doh>

easy home win for the owls <ok>

9. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Can I have some of what you're smoking :emoticon-0176-smoke :emoticon-0103-cool:

10. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Never heard any racist or homophobic comments or chants before at ER..

You white southern shandy drinking poof...........:emoticon-0136-giggl

11. Irishshako

<laugh>

leeds60 likes this.
  12. Irishshako

It's what he drinks not what he smokes, Eric.........:grin:

Eric Le Merde and MIGHTY like this.
  13. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

hello all ... have to laugh at those geniuses at YEP claiming Warnock specifically targeted our keeper, they press every team they play against because they want a long ball into their back four ... Cardiff don't play a passing game, and they struggle when a passing team gets going as we've seen ... Warnock is all about the physical battle and he wants opponents to hoof it up the park ... YEP another lot who can't get over the fact that Green left for some extra dollars at Hudds and somehow it's Felix the Cat's fault ... ffs, what a pathetic over analysis to claim Felix was a target

there is no "falling out" with anyone in the Leeds dressing room, it's a very together group who have done exceptionally well in a short space of time ... Vieira is still a baby, and he had an extra long season to recover from ... Tommy is bringing him along carefully so he doesn't do a Mowatt and burn out too soon ... there is a huge difference in intensity from England U20s to the Championship, that's for sure ... Tommy will no doubt be thinking about a Vieira/O'Kane partnership, and Phillips may well be ready for a day off looking at his ponderous performance at Cardiff

Wednesday will be another very tough assignment and they know that a win will turn things around for them and put them just six points behind Leeds ... they need a strong performance at home on Sunday to repay their fans for the Steel City Debacle and they will most certainly be up for it ... if Leeds match them for intensity then I can see an away win because the Whites definitely have more quality

Monk should start playing 3-2-5 so his strikers can get a run and he can still bring another three number nines off the bench if needed ... the percentages will mean that they should then score at least one out of sixty attempts per game and he can start to justify his gold rush ... at this stage they look a long way off the champions their chairman predicted they would be, and if they are outside the top six come January it will be interesting to see if they go and waste another £50m on so-so players

personally I don't like filth being shouted at matches, it's unnecessary ...most of the time it's aimed at opposition fans, and for me that's a waste of energy as it's much better to support your team than focusing on opposing fans ... being filthy simply shows a lack of class ... I prefer the way rugby fans go about it, supporting their team passionately without the need for any filth or aggro ... no segregation at rugby because everyone is there to enjoy the game in the right spirit ... abuse isn't wonderful, it's just abuse, and there really is no need for it, just like there's no need for bigotry and racism

fcuk SCWM ;-)

Radz is God

Jammy 07, ellandback, dbc and 2 others like this.
  14. lifecheshirewhite

Derby's aren't as big as your cup finals,lots of Yorkshire derby's but you and cardiff only have 1 cup final,and don't have enough fans to have an away one.

15. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

think its safe to say you will finish above us in the plastic fan table <ok>
    and we will finish above you in the championship table <ok>

16. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

You would be an expert on plastic fans so we bow to your knowledge on the subject.

17. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

glad you agree with my post <ok>

18. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I think the wall top the table in plastic fans. The ground is packed with blue seat-shaped ones every week.

19. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

especially the bottom away tier when we host you <ok>

20. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

You mean the bit you pussy twats wont sell us.