1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

The Bursapor web site states that game will kick off at 19:00 TSI, which is 2 hours ahead of BST, so another indication towards a 5 pm kick off

https://www.bursaspor.org.tr/bs//haber?id=22854/17/07/2017/kamp_gunlugu_17_temmuz_2017

Our team training in the Hall of Troll area of Austria in the second leg of the preparations for the beginning of the season was the first training in the morning hours.

The training took about 1 hour 30 minutes under the supervision of our Technical Director Paul Le Guen.

The training started with warming movements and continued with coordination work. Our team then made a full match without a goalkeeper and a legendary double castle.

Ertuğrul Ersoy, who was disabled, worked besides Aziz Behich returning from his work and Mert Örnek and Deniz Yılmaz who are painful.

Our team will continue their work with the Championship teams at Leeds United in preparation for today at TSI 19.00.

Whitejock likes this.
  2. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

thank you for that and i now know he aint very quick so off my list.

FORZA LEEDS and BillysStatue like this.
  3. lifecheshirewhite

We didn't,we went to Austria <doh> and the Police cancelled it,because they can't cope with our massive fan base.<whistle> not a problem you have with your club taxi full.

4. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that the club are distancing themselves from the Flint rumours, Billy. From what you've said, that seems to be a good thing.

I get the impression that this lad Pennington from Everton is one worth waiting on, but I have no personal opinion, as I know bugger all about him.

BillysStatue likes this.
  5. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

I remember last year a handful of Germans running across the pitch and beating you up so why go again <doh>

6. lifecheshirewhite

They did ? Don't remember going myself,in fact the club toured Ireland last year,always the memory that goes first,so they say.:biggrin:

7. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

might have a flutter on Leeds game "over 5.5 goals" nice if you could get 1 to help out <ok>

8. lifecheshirewhite

Good idea,and I will have a word with our manager,so when we get to five,he might let me come on to help out with the other 1.

MIGHTY likes this.
  9. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Afternoon all.

Last season 4 of our best performers were Pontus, Ayling, Hernandez and O'Kane all of whom were signed after pre season. Yes it would be nice to have your squad finalized before you return to training and most definitely it would be preferable to have everyone in before the season starts. Unfortunately uefa make that all but impossible by allowing player trading up until the end of August. If the transfer window ended the second week of August it would enhance the integrity of all the Leagues across Europe but of course it's too blindingly obvious and simple for the clowns to actually implement it.

Marcos Barber and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Our best results last season came from Hernandez, Viera & O'Kane slip Samu in & replace O'Kane with Klich I see results. hernandez cannot do every game but we now have ammo & options. Confidence

FORZA LEEDS likes this.

11. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

hey Jocko ... Pennington is a real talent, not sure how easily Everton will sell him or even loan him ... he broke into their first team last season making seven appearances, and scored their equaliser against Liverpool in April ... very calm defender, composed on the ball, be awesome for Leeds ... have him any day over Flint for sure ... will take a huge offer to tempt Everton, and if you look at Harry Maguire going for £17m it will probably be a ridiculous price ... with Everton getting £75m for Lukaku and £10m for Deulofeu it's not as if they need the money ... fingers crossed Leeds are in for Pennington, but not holding my breath on this one

12. BillysStatue

Paul Robinson has retired ... will never forget his headed goal against Swindon in front of the Kop ... excellent 'keeper, wonder if it's worth getting him in to coach our 'keepers at U16 level as a start

13. BillysStatue

Bellusci has had his contract terminated by Leeds today by mutual agreement ... he is now officially gone and we don't care who he signs for next

Marcos Barber and Farsleyexile like this.
  14. wakeybreakyheart

15. wakeybreakyheart

Amen to that and good riddance .

Marcos Barber likes this.
  16. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Bye......

Marcos Barber likes this.
  17. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Austrian authorities cancelled a match between Leeds and a German club due to the chance of crowd violence.

Which bright start thought it would be a good idea to play a Turkish team instead, then make it a behind closed gate game.

That won't wind the Leeds fans up <doh>

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  18. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Strange no mention on Leeds site. Though if its closed doors that may explain it - did not see it say that, how do you know Elland

19. wakeybreakyheart

see my links on here .

20. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

are you getting anything? I think we may need a sign on to the actual tv service