1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The breakfast debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 3, 2014.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Is anyone getting spam messages saying you need to update Flash and need to update java.

Had a report from one of our posters. Wondering if its a site problem?

2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Mighty is the biggest mass debater I know.

3. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Java the last couple of days has been a pain in the butt even though you update it it still keeps popping up <yikes> dont know how i did it but yesterday managed to get rid <ok>

4. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

elland you have mail <ok>

5. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Appreciated Mighty

6. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Glory you are treading a very fine line <laugh> watch it buddy be warned <ok>

now wheres my animation programme ? <laugh>

please log in to view this image

7. RCDM

RCDM Well-Known Member

It will alllllll be fine, lets sit back, have a little drink and relaaaaaaaaaax :grin:

8. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Eire, I fully agree re. us dragging our heels for signings. I've felt this for quite some time now, and had hoped it was down to the Bates regime. I then hoped it was down to the slow transition to GFH & then them being new to all this. This time? No excuse. Lots of other teams can set up deals that only require a signature on day 1 of the window. Why can't we? It's my #1 question for Haigh if he ever gets round to holding the fans forum. You know, the fans forum we were due to have about a year ago that he had to 'delay' as he had to go to a funeral in South America. We're still waiting & I still have my ticket to hand. Suspect it'll never happen.

9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Just to allay your fears, heres todays wealth of information from McD press conference

The boss was quizzed about the link with Hull City&#8217;s Cameron Stewart after Tigers boss Steve Bruce reportedly revealed earlier this week United were one of a number clubs interested.

&#8220;We&#8217;re close to a deal,&#8221; said the boss. "We&#8217;re trying to do something, and I think we&#8217;re getting close. Steve Bruce is a good friend of mine. Football is one of those worlds where everyone knows everyone&#8217;s business.&#8221;

The boss was also asked about Bradford City striker Nakhi Wells, another player he has been linked with in the media, and he was giving little away.

&#8220;Nakhi Wells is a good player, but he plays for Bradford, and Phil Parkinson (the Bradford manager) is another good friend of mine,&#8221; said the boss.

&#8220;I would imagine he would cost a lot of money. You want to take players who can make a difference.&#8221;

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/art.../first-deal-close---boss#sthash.YTs7Llj3.dpuf

10. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Still frustrating, Eire. So far it's all hope & no substance.

11. bigfatboab

bigfatboab Well-Known Member

Graham Dorrans would make a massive difference to our midfield, I would prefer to be looking at this level of class.

12. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

You'll get stewart told you that New Years Eve <ok>

13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't understand the link with Cameron Stewart, he's already played for us and Charlton this season, so can't pay for anyone else unless it's on emergency loan.

And we don't want to loan him, we want Charlton to buy him, as he's out of contract in the summer.

14. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Charlton wont buy him Powell said his performances were disappointing <yikes>

15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Powell may be out of a job this weekend as they have just got themselves anew rich owner who owns Standard Liege. Will they want a big name manager or stick with Cozy and give him cash?

16. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

They can have Lomas <whistle>

you must be around my age Doc if you remember Cozy Powell <laugh>

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Mighty I was around when Bremner joined leeds and the wall were getting beat every week. Some things change somethings never do <laugh>

18. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

I heard from my source that wells was a done deal I spoke to my radio Leeds contact and he said that Rhodes will go this month and that many clubs are in for Wells including Town.At the moment wells is injured so that's probably why it hasn,t happened yet we don't and cant afford an Andy Carroll can you imagine how much this has cost WHU over 3m in wages alone
    My house sale it takes time Bucks to complete the sale although its continuing nicely valuation stacks up they have their mortgage in place just waiting for their builders
    I have downsized to Bramham and got a bungalow
    My health I have lost 12 kg but needed it to be honest am looking for ward when this sale is through to get me some sunthat should do the trick provided I can get insured!

19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

We've enquired about Wells too.

20. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

A first for them to be talented at anything that does not involve abusive behaviour. <ok>