1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Boris Johnson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

You mean you did.. on pink Lane... in your tutu you bitch :)

YAJERK likes this.
  2. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Anyone know the name for half a tutu?

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Tu

4. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

No.

<doh>

A oneone.

<laugh>

Flash likes this.
  5. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Can't reply without resorting to vitriol and personal insults? No matter, I don't need to respond in kind...

I have perfectly respectable and logical reasons for voting leave, but genuinely can't be bothered to share them with such a bigoted individual. So no blase attitudes from me

So, are your views taken from a genuine belief that the UK as a whole will be better off by remaining in the EU or are more simply looking after No 1, given your comment regarding potential job losses - the latter seems to be a common trait among remain voters I've met

Flash likes this.
  6. YAJERK

YAJERK Active Member

Oh do shut the **** up, the fight or MOTD is on you ****ing whinger.

Glad I've wound you up though <laugh>

7. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

His initials sum him up, he is about as useful as the spunk spat out by a skanky ho after a BJ....

8. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Another remainiac myth busted <laugh><laugh>

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  9. Judge Death

Not wound up in the slightest old bean

Oh, and by the way - my post was at 20:51, long before MOTD or boxing was on - not really my fault you chose to look at it when they were

Your constant need to insult people would seem to suggest you are the one becoming wound up.....

10. YAJERK

YAJERK Active Member

Boo hoo ****ing hoo.... You have contributed nowt to this because you have nothing to offer, you're quite the hilarious hypocrite attacking the man not the argument and then crying about me swearing at you. At least I admit I'm a **** about it!

As I say, I am upset with Brexit voters, and I'm glad I've wound a few of you up, because you ****s have wound me right up with your nonsensical vote based on lies, and then stubborn refusal to shift thereafter.

Considering a lot smarter analysts than me have spelled it out in ****ing simple terms why you are wrong, considering the pound nosedived, considering businesses are scared to death, my hope was that a bit of Daily Mail style vitriol would wake you numbskulls up to have a bit of a think about your position.

Obviously, there is no reasoning, there is no denigrating, there is no way to make you see sense however it is approached. Now kindly **** off and let me enjoy my Sunday's before your pathetic EU hatred causes a short-term recession.

11. Judge Death

Not crying about anything - simply commenting on your inability to construct an argument without relying on swearing. It will take a lot more than that

My vote wasn't based on any of the "lies" that remain voters trot out to justify their own position - but actually based on my own life experiences and knowledge

I won't lecture you on why the pound took a short term nose dive - I think deep down you know the real reason, just won't admit it here

Businesses are scared to death - really? None of the ones I have worked with recently have indicated that

See sense? - leave voters simply have a different opinion - some of them might even know more than you

Short term recession? - the financial services market didn't even see the recession of 2008 coming and that was a big one. The only reason any short term instability would turn into a recession is if it were to be in the financial services sector's best interests for it to do so in order to turn a profit from other people's misery....

Flash likes this.
  12. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

13. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

14. Judge Death

And yet the leave voters are classified as the Fascists....

Albert's Chip Shop and Flash like this.
  15. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Stripping it all down to the bare bones it’s remain vs leave still. The remainiacs are simply ramping up the rhetoric and desperately clutching at every straw they can to prevent Brexit.

Judge Death likes this.
  16. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

In fairness mate - I did give you a reason.

British Democracy is not run on referendums. And for damn good reason.

It's run on representative democracy - in other words finding people who are willing to stake their jobs on delivering what they promised.

This protects us from charlatans who promise the earth and then mysteriously disappear when it is time to cough up.

I'll say it again - referendums *are not democracy.*

They're a useful guide to how the public feel about something, but don't confuse that with actual British democracy.

I respect the fact you stated what would make you change your mind. In return, here's what would change mine: If we manage to get a withdrawal deal (or agreement for no deal) through parliament - without having to shut it down or run down the clock. That will probably take a general election.

(I'll also disassociate myself from the name calling, on both sides, but particularly the ones who claim to support the same side I do. That's not a way to convince people. And the d!ckhead yelling about Auschwitz can take a long run off a short pier)

AgentofAlnwick likes this.
  17. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

The Conservative party won the last election. The Conservative party is currently the Party in “power”.

In the Conservative party Manifesto for the last election they committed to leaving the EU with or without a deal. Pages 36 onwards.

Yes the referendum was advisory but it was taken as a statement of the Country’s wish and Parliament is not above the mandate of the people. Couple that though with it being a manifesto commitment by the party that won the last election and probably the main manifesto commitment in that election being a promise to comply with the referendum result with clarification that leaving would be on a no deal basis if no “good” deal could be reached.

That should meet your criteria of “representative democracy - in other words finding people who are willing to stake their jobs on delivering what they promised”.

It’s not Parliament’s role to defy the mandate of the people given first in a referendum vote and secondly in a general election vote.

Personally I think Brexit is going to adversely affect our economy for some time but as to how bad does depend upon our negotiators in new trade deals doing their job well and not caving in like TM and for this country to approach Brexit positively. We should learn from history. A significant factor in the USA getting out of the Depression in the 1930’s was the positivity of the Government led by Roosevelt.

That being said I’d rather we suffered financially than set a very dangerous constitutional precedent by not leaving.

Sadly, this episode has demonstrated that both sides have idiots supporting them. Also sadly, whatever happens I think it will take the country a long time to heal any rifts this has caused. The main idiot for this mess who seems to have avoided much blame is Cameron. I just hope history remembers the role he played.

LiamO and JakartaToon like this.
  18. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

The Conservative party lost seats at the last election. This is why they are now struggling to get Brexit through parliament. If they hadn't, Brexit would be a done deal by now.

It is literally Parliament's job to vote for what they think, to the best of their ability, is in the best interests of the people who voted them in. If they get that wrong, then they get voted out at the next election.

News this morning that BJ will sack anyone who votes against him on no deal legislation. I will have a lot of respect for anyone who still goes ahead and votes him down - it rather busts the myth of politicians only being in it for themselves.

YAJERK likes this.
  19. Mowgli311080

Mowgli311080 Member

So you're all for honouring an advisory and non-binding vote, that was backed up by blatant lies, foreign interference that will harm the country for 50yrs (from the mouth of that Victorian twat Jacob Rees-Moog) and leave us with no trade deals ready to be rogered by the US and China, damaging the futures of our children? I we rejoined in the future we'd be at a terrible position, worse trade deal and maybe no veto too.

YAJERK likes this.
  20. Mowgli311080

Mowgli311080 Member

in 2015, the year before the vote, the EU was the 9th most important issue facing people in the UK.....so what made it all of a sudden the most important thing in the world the Tories, Farage et al? ££££££££££.

YAJERK likes this.