1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Boris Johnson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Cancelling it is nonsense, but ignoring it is fine? We've already had the referendum

2. DMac1987

DMac1987 Member

It's the absolute opposite of ignoring it. It's finally putting the madness into some form of tangible outcome. Leave may very well still win and that's fine, it would be a universal agreement to the offer on the table. We can't just keep going back and forth arguing and achieving nothing. How people fail to see this is the only to break the deadlock is beyond me.

3. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

He'll negotiate a half arsed deal that is everything but remain in the name. Then it's that or remain, he might aswell take the Lib Dem stance

If he wants to sit on the fence, the 2 options should be no deal or "negotiated" deal, remain has already been voted against.

They're making it too easy for the Tories by being useless and only really appealing to students who haven't grown up

4. DMac1987

DMac1987 Member

How anyone can look back over the last 10 years and be happy with their lot is also truly baffling. The Tories have been utterly incompetent for a decade and some want to give them longer. Food banks are on the rise in the North East and daft ****ers are still backing them. These Eton wastes of space do not care one bit about the North.

5. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

All correct but people still favour them over Corbyn due to how useless they are

6. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

7. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

I've said this since day one of the election.

The Theresa May effect is gone, Boris is absolutely maintaining Tory control even without a manifesto.

How many times have I said it in this very thread and been ignored??
    The Labour voters need to listen.

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  8. Welshie

BMG/Independent – CON 41%(+4), LAB 28%(-1), LDEM 18%(+2), BREX 3%(-6). Fieldwork Tuesday to Thursday, with changes from last week. (tabs)
    YouGov/Sunday Times – CON 42%(nc), LAB 30%(nc), LDEM 16%(+1), BREX 3%(-1). Fieldwork Thursday and Friday, with changes from mid-week. (tabs)
    Opinium/Observer – CON 47%(+3), LAB 28%(nc), LDEM 12%(-2), BREX 3%(-3). Fieldwork Wednesday to Friday, with changes from last week. (tabs)
    Deltapoll/Mail on Sunday – CON 43%(-2), LAB 30%(nc), LDEM 16%(+5), BREX 3%(-3). Fieldwork Thursday and Friday, with changes from last week. (tabs)
    SavantaComres/Sunday Express – CON 42%(nc), LAB 32%(+1), LDEM 15%(nc), BREX 5%(nc). Fieldwork Wednesday and Thursday, with changes from midweek. (tabs)
    Panelbase – CON 42%(-1), LAB 32%(+2), LDEM 14%(-1), BREX 3%(-2). Fieldwork was Wednesday to Friday, changes from last week.

Scotland specific: CON 28%(-1), LAB 20%(-7), LDEM 11%(+4), SNP 40%(+3), BREX 1%(-4)

In Scotland the Conservatives can theoretically hold all their current seats. Against predictions they would lose them all. Unionist parties also polling at 60%, hence the "No need for a Scottish ref" argument.

9. Captainpancakes

Captainpancakes Well-Known Member

labour never had a chance because the people that should vote labour wont even bother and that's been the way for man years. The sad reality is they wont start voting until they experience something that effects them ad tbh after this election I actually want that to happen to them … the tyrannical tory reign will end one day .

over and out

10. Welshie

Labour's fixation of Corbyn is depressingly similar to how the Tory's fixated on William Hague and Ian Duncan Smith after they lost their elections.

Spoilers, it won't lead to a Labour government.

11. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

Surely better than child sex tory boy.... Giving a future not taking it away hey

12. Welshie

Hey man, whatever you're doing in your private life is down to you. But we are talking politics here.

As the coal industry has been unprofitable for 20 plus years, will you have children build wind turbines or frigates?

13. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

Don't deflect it dude we all know the tory Christian brigade love a good young fk.....

Anyway enough of tory pervs.......... Coal industry fk me what stone have you crawled out of.... Thatcher ended the working classes right arm 35 years ago..... You stupid prick

Go cry at your Gary glitter and Jim fixed you badges fat tory twat

14. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Typical libtard, gets a few hard questions and starts throwing around insults - next you'll all be xenephobic, racist, facists as well as a stupid prick who fondles kids - although both the kiddy fiddlers he mentions are acctually ****ing liberals themselves! ****ing Dinlo!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...barrassment-over-former-child-sex-claims.html
    http://eveningharold.com/2014/02/28...t-gary-glitter-led-party-for-most-of-the-70s/

PS clearly a millenial with no clue about the world bar their little self-centered egotisitcal view!

15. Welshie

Hahahaha I think I've caught a fish, my line is tugging hard here.

16. Welshie

I would say as Aber is Welsh he is probably more in his 40s to 50s and a big old school Labour voter.

Wales is progressively more Tory (he's gonna bite at this, as will Southerner if he returns.)

17. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I actually think that supporters are key stakeholders in a club and should have a seat on the board. Any football club and any business should have a board of more than than one person. Sure the one representative may not affect many decisions but they can provide important feedback from board to supporters and vice versa. They should be elected by the official supporters club or season ticket holders. I would suspect there are more qualified people than Charnley within that lot.

18. Welshie

I think the club have received feedback enough of decisions multiple times.

The fact of the matter is this, I guarantee when you sit in front of Ashley and Charnley in an official setting you will be swayed within 15 minutes and think they're ok guys.

Any fan who sits in a room on a board with an owner will not have the venom and will give no insights that one cannot gleam from reading a fanpage on Facebook or reading a local paper.

If the fan is a moron, who shouts and yells he will be removed and the entire idea will be thrashed and destroyed.

I agree, it's a waste of time.

19. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

If he is that old he should be ashamed to be over 12 and throwing around the kiddy fidler insult, probably comes from something very dark and repressed in these liberals!

20. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I would expect them to act in a constructive manner as any Board Member should. If you think the sole purpose of a fan on a club Board would be to try and get rid of the owner then it would be a complete waste of time.