1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League The Blue Prophet Prediction League - Registration 15/16

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Blue Sheep, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Irishbluebird (Div I: 4th) UP 3

Irish ends two seasons of lower table rubbish with a bang, returning to the Top Four for the first time since 11/12 and only just falling to Bfb in the Capaldi Cup final. Although not able to reach the CS busting heights of his first two seasons, Irish picked points at the crucial stage as he surged up the table in the closing stages. Although it is unlikely that Irish will be shouted as title contender like he was at the end of his debut season but watch carefully as his renaissance continues.

2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Sorry Sheepy, just spotted this.

Yep, count me in please. Thanks for running this again.

3. Blue Sheep

Ccfcremotesupport (Div I: 12th) DWN 8

Never boring as far as Remote is concerned. First Division Runner Up, 13/14 final Top Four position and last season only just preserving his First Division status by the skin of his teeth on the final day of the season. With the majority of the season spent dipping in and out of the red zone of doom it was always going to a close affair and in the end only the Full House bonus point kept Remote in Division I. In theory Remote is as likely to reignite his title challenging form next season as he is to crash out of the league without a single CS!

4. GLAMorgan

GLAMorgan Active Member

Yep, I'm in. Forever the bridesmaid. Well, a couple of times, at least.

5. Blue Sheep

GLAMorgan (Div I: RU) UP 6

GLAM recovers from last year’s poor finish of 8th to secure a third Top Four finish in 4 years and can once again take positives in a strong season despite losing the title tussle in a similar fashion as he did in 11/12 to end up in 2nd. GLAM ran the defending champion close and the 8 point gap does not do justice to how closely Bfb won. The 6 games that he missed during the latter stages of the campaign proved crucial but don’t be surprised to see GLAM up in the Top Four this season and potentially the title this season.

6. GLAMorgan

GLAMorgan Active Member

Blue - you almost made me blush. Although I did miss a few games through family tragedy last season, the winner was consistent, whereas i did get a few lucky CR's. Regadless, I look forward to this season's predictions, and I appreciate your fine efforts. Hats orff to ya, Sir.

Blue Sheep likes this.
  7. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

**** or bust. Best way to be.

8. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

Count me in please Sheepy. Only just noticed the thread sorry. Looking forward to this season and probably another relegation battle for me. !!

9. bluebird_nat

bluebird_nat Member

Count me in please :) thanks

10. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

in pls once again Mr Sheep (if allowed)

11. Blue Sheep

Isawronnymoorescore (Div I: 10th) UP 2

Divine intervention and large scoop of luck once again (!) preserve Ronny’s Div I status as he pulls off yet another great escape. This time the margin is down to a single point as he scrambles out of the drop zone a couple of weeks before the cut off. Every year I claim that Ronny is a cert for Division II predicting and am continually proved wrong. However, despite Martinez’s best efforts Wigan eventually crumbled – is this the season where the bell finally toils for Isawronnymoorescore?

Mustyfrog (Div II: 4th) UP 2

As the Jack interest in this competition has dwindled, Musty has continued to fly the flag and predict. He builds on his first Playoff performance last time but yet again can’t get past the first hurdle to reach the final. A slight let off for Frankfurter as Musty missed the first leg predictions and hence was always chasing the tie. Will this season be third time lucky for Musty in the Playoffs or will he finally push on to grab one of the automatic promotion berths?

C'moon Nat, we all believe you can make it past 12 games!

12. blueturk the cat

blueturk the cat Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0139-bow:As per usual at this stage of the season, the rules and format of the league are up for discussion - so please fire away any thoughts!

Hi Mr Sheep and fellow predictors ,
    I was thinking that if someone picks their scorer before the team is announced then maybe they could earn a bonus point .... this would be of no use to me btw as I'm always last minute ( I noticed a few remarks when people change the scorer if he isn't in the team so once its been selected there's no swapping )
    Or maybe we could play jokers for a couple of games like the old it's a knockout where you can score double points on selected games - maybe 1 home and 1 away (or 2 each) .... It could be interesting at the end of the season if someone has saved his jokers and avoids the drop etc
    Only a few thoughts people :emoticon-0101-sadsm

13. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Count me in Blue please

Cardiff 2-1 Fulham (Mason)
    QPR 0-0 Cardiff
    Blackburn 1-1 Cardiff (Jones)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  14. jonahbluebird

jonahbluebird Member

Definitely in again this year
    Part of my match day experience

15. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

Cardiff 2 Fulham 0 whitts to score

16. hampshire Blue

hampshire Blue Active Member

Count me in Mr. Sheep.

17. Blue Sheep

Masky (Div I: 9th) DWN 6

Masky fails to continue his strong record in the BPPL, recording his worst performance of the predicting era. However, despite not coming close to emulating his back to back 3rd placed finishes the Masked Man still has enough to dispel any suggestions of relegation to the 2nd tier after a flirt with the bottom three through the middle of the season. So can Masky return the Top Four? GLAM can provide a leading example with his jump from 8th to 2nd last season, Masky yet return stronger than previous.

Jonah Bluebird (Div I: 7th) DWN 2

Jonah can’t quite recapture the form that saw him nearly bust open the Top Four party in his debut top tier season but manages to avoid the fate of his fellow promotee Steveoldinho. Despite not improving on the back of two successful seasons Jonah can still consider the past season as a solid consolidation of his position in the First Division. Expect him to once more stay clear of the drop zone and potential emulate his performance the season before last.

18. Blue Sheep

Hampshire Blue (Div II: PO Winner) UP 3

Hampshire threatened little in his first season but efficiently snatches promotion via the Playoff lottery at his first attempt. A campaign built on 18 CR saw Hampshire enter the Playoffs with the lowest number of full pointers (2) but still managed to edge out Musty and Frankfurter to secure his position in the coming season’s top tier. In fact he managed to equal his tally of CS’s for the entire season in the 5 post season matches. Consolidation of his First Division status will represent a success for Hampshire next season.

Jokers is an idea that could we could go with. Lets keep it to one to keep things simple though. I'll float the idea with a poll on one of the Match threads <ok>

19. Rumney Bluebird

Rumney Bluebird Active Member

Hello Sheep. I'm a new member and could I please join the prediction league for this season? Many thanks. Rumney Bluebird. Also I'm going on holiday early tomorrow so if I'm accepted can I put on a prediction of Bluebirds 3-1 Fulham with Mason as one of our goalscorers.

Blue Sheep likes this.
  20. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member