1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League The Blue Prophet Prediction League - Post Season

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Blue Sheep, May 9, 2016.

1. Rumney Bluebird

Rumney Bluebird Active Member

there was 5 yellow cards however I predicted 4 which I get a point for being within 1 and that is the only point I got so I will be on 2 points in total

2. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

3. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Rumney, I got a yellow card point too....but you got one before as well. Congratulations to us, say I, for getting a result without a tiebreaker!!! Just for the hell of it, what was your total goals? Mine was 10!!
    But anyway, congratulations to you and Taff for progressing and best of luck to both of you for the next bit. Commiserations to Stevo for not progressing.... but we can comfort ourselves that, as with City, it is better to be in the second league with some prospects of enjoyable football than struggling along in the top set..... or at least that's what Aber says.

4. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Looks as if Steveo and I both had rubbish return leg predictions. I really didn't expect Sheff Weds to get through. Now for the final against Rumney. Good luck to both of us, more for me though, I hear the prize money is astronomical... ;)

5. Rumney Bluebird

Rumney Bluebird Active Member

Mine was 11 so you would of gone through, its fair to say I scraped over the line

6. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

If I'd actually predicted the Hull game it might have helped.......
    Well done Taff <ok>

7. Blue Sheep

Yes it doesn't help when you miss out on a match, the first and last matches costing @FrankfurterBlue and @Stevoldinho in different ways. @taffthefish edges out Stevo on a tiebreak to be in with a shot of a straight return to the top tier. The less said about @Rumney Bluebird and FFB's tie the better. FFB finally manages to get a point from the yellow cards to avoid becoming the first person to score zilch across 4 matches. However, it doesn't save him from the lowest score ever in the Playoffs - in stark comparison to the 10 (Ten) points he picked up last year. Rumney didn't manage much better and you feel Taff enters the two legged final as favorite.

Also beginning this weekend is the Capaldi Cup Final. Both @Sayer77 and @jonahbluebird finished the season with the full three points from our match with Birmingham but at either end of the table. A last day CS ensured that Jonah kept his place in Division I and that Sayer secured the Championship, so there is a large gulf between the pair if you believe the table. Sayer is hoping to follow in @BluefromBridgend's path and secure a League and Cup double whilst Jonah hopes to pull off an upset and get his hands on a 2nd piece of silverware (after the Div II title in 12/13)

Div II Playoff Final

Taff the Fish vs Rumney Bluebird

Capaldi Cup Final
    Sayer77 vs Jonahbluebird

FA Cup Final - Crystal Palace vs Manchester United (21st May @ 17:30)
    Championship Playoff Final - Hull vs Sheffield Wednesday (28th May @ 17:00)

Ta <cheers>

Stevoldinho likes this.
  8. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

The thing is, Mr Sheep, ten points or one..... I'm still in Div 2!!!! Good luck to all in this next round. Enjoy!!!!

9. Blue Sheep

Playoff Final HT - @taffthefish 3 - 1 @Rumney Bluebird
    Taff takes a big step towards a return to the top division by getting the 1st CS of this year's Playoffs to give him a 2 point lead. Will that be enough to see him through or will Rumney be able to muster a comeback? It will require him at least beating his current tally of 3 points across 5 matches in next week's Championship final.

Capaldi Cup Final HT
    - @jonahbluebird 0 - 2 @Sayer77
    Jonah is a no show which allows Sayer to take control of the tie, with a point for the result and also for Puncheon's opening volley. Again will Jonah be able to muster anything to prevent Sayer sealing a league and cup double?

10. jonahbluebird

jonahbluebird Member

I didn't get a notification for the FA CUP are we posting scores here or on the email conversation?

11. Blue Sheep

In an email conversation Jonah!

12. jonahbluebird

jonahbluebird Member

Last one I got was for the quarter finals...
    Hey it's only 2 -0 I can pull it back

13. Blue Sheep

Playoff Final FT - @taffthefish 5 - 1 @Rumney Bluebird
    Taff adds an extra two points to his score to thump Rumney to secure a return to Division I. <cracker> Probably the correct result across the 5 games as Taff stretches the gap between the pair to 4 points with a scores for the result and Diame's goal.

Capaldi Cup FT - @jonahbluebird 1 - 3 @Sayer77
    A much closer match ends with Sayer becoming the 2nd competitor to complete a league and cup double as Jonah is unable to make up enough ground after unfortunately missing the first game. Both got points for predicting Hull's promotion win.

Thanks to all taking part in this year post season <ok>

14. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Woohoo, awesomeness, I'm like a likkle kid. :D Commiserations to Rumney Bluebird, I didn't expect such a big gap.
    What odds I'll win the league next season?
    Many thanks to Blue Sheep for all your efforts throughout the season. Now to lie down and relax for the close season. ;)

15. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

16. jonahbluebird

jonahbluebird Member

Cheers blue for running the cups and leauge again much appreciated

17. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Well done Sheepie. Great effort and commitment all season. <ok>