1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League The Blue Prophet Prediction League - Nottingham Forest (A)

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Blue Sheep, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

And so here we are again at the end of another dreadful season. If I thought at the end of last season that we lack direction both on and off the pitch that was a large understatement. In truth it is impossible for City to resemble anything remotely close to they were the night Super Kev crowd surfed his way from the pitch to the changing rooms. With another summer of turmoil ahead and the chance of City competing in this league like they once diminishing under a clueless manager, it looks very bleak. This trip to the City Ground has very little meaning despite the FACT the Trees are only ahead of us on GD.

As ever I would like to thank you all for predicting in what has been a long and uninspiring season. Or down right depressing if you consider the one before it <laugh> The final day permutations will be up next and the Div 2 Playoff thread will be up after the end of the week.

Once again thanks <ok>

2. Blue Sheep

Division I
    • BluefromBridgend is First Division Champion (again!) He can match his previous title winning score with two points on the weekend.
    • Irishbluebird needs to better Blue Sheep's prediction to secure the final Top Four position. Blueturk has an outside chance but needs a big score.
    • Now we get to the juicy bit <laugh> It's technically a three way race to avoid the one drop spot since Swamp's 5 CS tally should keep him clear.
    • Steveoldinho is currently favorite to return to the division he was promoted from two years ago. He needs to make up a 2 point gap (including BP) to catch Ronny and Remote, and both of them have a superior CS tally. This may seem a steep hill but if he scores big he will really set the cat among the pigeons
    Division II
    • Whiffletree has enjoyed a phenomenal record breaking season and is the 2nd Tier Champion by a big margin. Ninian Opinion will join him in the Div I next season after a similarly successful season.
    • Whilst Danablu is the only player mathematically certain of a playoff spot, it will take a big score from below to see Musty or Hampshire miss out.
    • The battle for the final spot should be claimed by Sparkey or Bluescull, as both will benefit from the full house bonus point, unlike those below.
    • However, if one of Blue in Belfast, Frankfurter or Jay - Reade scores big they will have a chance. If it comes down to CS's, Jay has the edge with a tally of 5.
    Tables 28-04-15.jpg

3. bluescull

bluescull Well-Known Member

Forest 2-1 City

Doyle

Cheers

4. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

OK!!!! No pressure then!!! Score big he said!!! City 2 Forest 1 with no one to score. it's **** or bust time.
    Thanks for everything Sheep.......both for keeping records but also the little resumes!!!!

5. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Now if I were a devious git, I'd put in the same prediction as Scull above - that way I'd be bound to finish above him..............<laugh>

But there again I'm not, so I wont. I'm really going to have to think about this one :emoticon-0138-think:emoticon-0138-think..............laters for me Sheepy.

6. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

Thanks Sheep-man for all the time & effort put in to run this competition.

Its' been probably more entertaining than what's been going on in the 'real' league this year.
    Perhaps you should have Slade's job next year & let him run this league.
    Then again he'd probably balls this up.

Anyway.....NFFC 2 - 3 CCFC.

Joe M. to score.

Once again thanks Sheep-man.

7. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Forest 2 - 1 City

Joe Mason please Sheep

8. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

Forest 1 City 1 please Sheep, doyle to bag the goal. Many thanks for running this great competition every year, I for one really appreciate it. Thank you.

9. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

I for two really appreciate your efforts in the prediction league Bluesheep...many thanks pal! I will however remind you once again as I do every year to no avail that "Masky Prediction League" has a nice ring to it....as indeed does Masky eh?
    Congratulations to BFB for once again showing us how it's done, and great competition from Glam.
    As for Whiffletree (and Ninian)...fantastic, but just remember it is a lot harder to predict in the higher league!

10. Blue Sheep

Thought this was a given Sparky <laugh>

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

If you weren't a moderator I'd ban you for that.........<laugh>

Just to show how sporting I am, I'm going to go for a different result and a different scorer than Scull - OK? :emoticon-0173-middl

Forest 1 - 1 City with Mason to notch.

12. bluescull

Well played Spark.

13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I was just worried I'd get the liniment treatment like young Kav used to suffer from you. He never walked the same again. <ok>

14. blue in belfast

Trees 2 us 0 pleade sheep. Thanks for another great season, have a good summer break.

15. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

2-1 loss

Mason

16. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

1-1 please Sheepy. Doyle. Thank you very much for all your work this year with the league.

17. bluescull

NeveQUOTE="Oldsparkey, post: 7874701, member: 1001700"]I was just worried I'd get the liniment treatment like young Kav used to suffer from you. He never walked the same again. <ok>[/QUOTE]
    Never to be heard from since!

18. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

3-1 to Forrest please Sheep - Doyle

I echo the sentiments of the other posters in genuine appreciation for all effort you've put in organising this. Thanks Sheep <ok>

19. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Forest have not won since beating Rotherham at home on 18th March.

Their season has been as bad as ours and, of course, they were pretty poor at our place.

End of season, both sides demob happy with eyes on the beach, 2 - 2 draw. Doyle to continue his scoring run.

Many thanks Sheep. You have done a great job this season - again. <applause> <applause> <applause>

20. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

1-1 please, Mason.

Thanks to all who participate and to our organiser, Mr Sheep.