1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Alex Bruce Great Tackle Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by GCTiger, Mar 15, 2015.

1. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Spot on this ^^^^^^
    The name of the game was football. It's almost as if AA is lobbying the Referees' Governing body to change the name to "Pussyfootball".
    Wonder what the late Dave Mackay would have thought about these refereeing decisions ? He wouldn't have lasted half a season in the game.
    It's more like "Blow Football" than the real thing these days. Pity.
    Give 'em all a straw and let 'em get on with it my arse.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    yerman likes this.
  2. Kc_Rob

Kc_Rob Active Member

Justin Whittle is held in high regard by all who saw him play when he was at City, his distribution was also absolutely awful but like I said held in high regard still and rightly so. Sarge & Bruce are similar type players I feel in they give it their all without blessed with the abilities of more cultured defenders.

3. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Apologies regards the England comment completely forgot about that..... Out of interest any idea how he qualifies?

I have not claimed he isn't a useful member of the squad or he has performed well for us this year can i ask why you think I have?

I was just commenting on your point that he has been Outstanding every time he has pulled a Hull City shirt on. Please explain that? As if he was he wouldn't be playing for Hull City. You also never answered why if he was that outstanding that he has been dropped from the team on numerous occassions.

I never said i had a string of examples.... I pointed out the most obvious example in my head, i would also say West Ham away this season the defence was extremely poor as was the whole team in the Newcastle 4-1 defeat last year and Bruce was poor in that game. Those are the one's in my head, however i don't feel the need to critcise Alex Bruce, i don't even dislike him. I just pointed out you are going over the top!

He isn't excellent or outstanding every time he pulls the shirt on. I can fault a player for going out with the attitude of winning every ball, and i don't think he has that attitude at all. If you watch him closely he often doesn't win headers because he doesn't try to he just does enough to put the player off, which is very good defending, but goes completely against what you are saying. Can i ask what you class as a soft fanny? And what the heck that has to do with anything..... I think the quality of player is surely the most important thing.

4. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

good post - I remember when he first played for us at Blackburn away - I wondered whether he was good enough when he joined because he was constantly being farmed out from some of his previous clubs and came with some bad reports - anyway, all he had to do was a simple clearance - instead he did his trade mark hoof it from six yards out straight into Kazim Richards chest who quickly knocked it into the net and we lost 1 0 - and over the last few seasons nothing has changed, he still hoofs it - you often see Macca, Davies, Chester, Dawson and even Maguire run out of defence with the ball creating a link with midfield and even the forwards - you never ever see Junior run with the ball, its always pass sideways or hoof it - he wasn't good enough in the Championship and he certainly isn't good enough now - I expect Davies, who should be playing every week instead of him to leave at the end of the season - it wouldn't surprise me if Macca left as well - at least daddy wont need to make a decision whether to pick Junior or not - there wont be anyone left to leave out

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  5. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Are you seriously that blind and stupid?

6. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Bruce played in only the first half at West Ham, he was replaced by Maguire. At the point he was replaced the score was still 0-0. The defence culpable for conceding 3 second half goals (scored in the 49th, 69th and 72nd minute) were Figueroa, Dawson, Davies, Maguire, Elmohamady. Just saying.

7. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

That's fine i wasn't sure!

Can i just point i don't agree with Charron, so don't think i am quite blind and stupid...hopefully!