1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Alex Bruce Great Tackle Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by GCTiger, Mar 15, 2015.

1. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

Chesters distribution is poor at times too

Hull 3-1 Liverpool likes this.
  2. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

football is becoming a no contact game.

3. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

This Bruce situation doesn't half get tiresome. City1904 has just summed it up perfectly. He's played really well lately, his ball retention in particular has improved significantly, but a few on here have this weird desire to superlatise it. He'd be playing for England if he was as good as some on here make out.

I know he gets unfair criticism, but going too far the other way to even it out looks daft.

4. PattyNchips2

Basically, he has (quite deservedly) shaken off the nepotism tag and earned his place in our squad.
    He must like playing under his dad cos he has been an outstanding member of our defense.

5. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Thankfully the national media have shown the Alex Bruce tackle to be what is was........ Perfect.

Shame that Jonathan Moss is not. In saying that i would not let Moss ref a schoolboy game.

Keep it going Alex. Not to mention Macca and Daws. Strong tackling is what the british game is all about.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  6. The FRENCH TICKLER

Indeed ^^^^ this. That Lesta whimp (Mahrez) should have been given a good kicking the big fairy.

7. The FRENCH TICKLER

Nope and Hudds 2nd yellow was also a joke. Lesta ladies deserve to go down. Utter whimps.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  8. The FRENCH TICKLER

Sadly we are playing Chelsea. No such ref. exists anymore. Expect Chelsea to get everything upto 60-40.

9. PattyNchips2

hmm that can depend if the ref wants to make a name for himself or not.

10. The FRENCH TICKLER

Also spot on ^^^^^ this. Even BBC radio Lesta said it should have been a goal. GK get far too much protection and Schwartzer dropping the ball had nothing to do with N'Doye.

Bruce jnr is almost correct. Not just the PL but the game @ pro level has gone soft.

11. The FRENCH TICKLER

True.

But,, As it is going out as part of super sunday i hope that Mark Clattenburg gets the gig.

Anyone else then i fear the worst.

12. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

This is a dig at me.

Sorry, but Bruce has been excellent. He's been excellent from the beginning.

I'm still waiting for city1904 to confirm the bad games Bruce has had for us when playing in that back 3. I think I'll have a long wait.

As a team that will inevitably be in the bottom half of the table, for now. Bruce is more than competent as the third centre half.

To put an alternative view on things, one of my brother in laws is a Leeds United fan. He watches a lot of Hull City games that are televised in the hope he can wind me up - he said he can't believe how accomplished Bruce looks in the PL. Given he played at LUFC and Leeds fans were very critical of him - tells you all you need to know.

13. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Playing with three CB's means exactly that, you need your defenders to be comfortable on the ball.

On Saturday he didn't even need to jump in, numerous times in the past he has jump in unnecessarily. Away at Leicester in the Championship he was shocking. Just because i don't remember his poor games doesn't mean he has been outstanding, he makes big challenges that an 'outstanding' defender wouldn't need to make as they would have better positioning.

So you are sticking by your claim that he has been outstanding every time he has pulled the shirt on? If true why isnt he in the England squad? Surely forget that, aren't Man Utd after him?

We don't half get carried away at this club. He has been very good in the past two months, however if there was no-one better in a back 3 why in previous years has Chester gone straight back in the team ahead of him? If he has been 'outstanding' every time he has pulled the shirt on why is he at little old Hull City?

I like him, but i just think you need to be far more realistic. I think there are a lot of people who criticize him, and some who think he is amazing, surely the right answer is in the middle, he isn't amazing, but he isn't ****. He is just decent.

14. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

You're right people maybe are going over the top. But then again he's had nowt but **** on this board from day one. Why do we have to do that with any of our players? There isnt a single bad player in our squad. Meyler gets constant **** now. Why? For doing his utmost for the team and not been as good as Matic etc

PLT likes this.
  15. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

I think often we post straight after a match when emotions are high and we go to far. I have probably done this myself, if you went to Burnley away for example (I am sure you did) i was livid after that match and every player deserved criticism but i don't think Bruce or Meyler deserve the **** they get at times, as often their weaknesses we have known for a long time known about these and its not their fault as they are not going to turn into Matic and John Terry in a matter of weeks.

I don't agree with criticizing a player before they have even played a game like they did for Bruce, as how can you judge a player until you have seen him yourself?

16. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Ye a player can play ****. But they arent ****, these are the best lot of players we've had. Bruce would get dogs abuse on here before games, during the week, whenever.

GLP likes this.
  17. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for you to provide a string of examples of where he's not been very good, not verbal diarrhoea. Why do City fans feel the need to belittle players that represent our club, then belittle the club by referring to it as 'little old Hull City'.

It's no coincidence that he featured in each of our first five league wins this season.

He's had numerous world class players in his pocket - Suarez at the KC stadium last season. Man City away etc etc The FA Cup Final - He was a clear contender for MOTM in that game until going off injured. I maintain that had he stayed on the pitch, we would probably have gone on to win the game.

He's not in the England squad because he plays for Northern Ireland <doh> He's at an unfashionable club, playing in a team that is scrapping for survival. Judging by his earlier career it seems he has matured as a footballer late in his career. In a back 3, he is excellent. Sometimes players come together to make a unit greater than the sum of its parts.

It's nonsense that you think he has to be able to 'distribute' the ball - if he can pass to a team mate better equipped to make a raking pass, like Dawson for example - then that is all he needs to do.

He's a player that leaves everything on the pitch, I like that, he's blood and thunder, robust challenges, gets stuck in and doesn't worry about getting injured. He's exactly the sort of player I would want in my team. How many times has he had stitches/head bandage etc due to his do or die defensive mentality. Sometimes players don't need finesse to be pivotal. To me he goes out with the attitude of winning every ball - you can't fault him for that. I'd rather have an Alex Bruce in my team than some other soft fanny.

18. castleparktiger

Who is the ref for Sunday, i'd like to get Oliver and see if he can follow up the Manure performance.

19. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Has he stopped throwing up? I saw one game back in the Championship where he'd been running his arse off & halfway through the second half he's on the sidelines throwing up.

20. captain caveman

captain caveman Well-Known Member

I'm gonna stick my neck out here, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a few decisions our way and get something from the game.
    Chelsea are 6 points clear with a game in hand. It's hard to sell 'the best league in the world' when there's a runaway winner.