1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Alex Bruce Great Tackle Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by GCTiger, Mar 15, 2015.

1. thistimetigers

thistimetigers Active Member

A lot of comments about the rolling about on the floor after Bruce's challenge, all quite correct, but there was another incident just as bad.
    Have a look if you can at how Schwarzer reacted after dropping the ball following N'Doye's brave, eyes on the ball, very fair challenge!

Meyho likes this.
  2. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

Don't get me started on how much protection goalkeepers get these days, they only have to be touched then if they lose/drop the ball its a free-kick.

Put it this way, if N'Doye had won the header and the collision with the GK knocked him to the floor there's not a chance in hell we'd have been given a penalty.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  3. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

<laugh>

4. Quill

Quill Bastard

Go to 3:40. ****ing great tackle.

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I take it I'm not getting one then, not a surprise, you usually do a disappearing act when you've got it wrong.

6. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

One of the best tacklers in the EPL, and the one Saturday was excellent, never a yellow card.

7. Kc_Rob

Kc_Rob Active Member

I will always fight Bruce Jnr's corner (and I have done on here in the past and on various other forums etc ). Money simply cant buy effort , commitment , desire and heart , AB has these in bucket loads.

Cue the " he wouldnt see him get into any other premier league team" drivel

8. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Why on earth did he get a yellow for that? Perfectly timed and won the ball. No doubt Mahrez rolling around on the floor like a fanny was a contributor, but Leicester look ****.

9. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Lol you're such a needy whiny tart. You didn't ask any questions, not that I'm obliged to answer owt from you in any case.

It was one of your standard angry rants which I'm treating with the contempt it deserves.

Hopefully this response will satisfy your attention craving, if only for a little while.

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It wasn't an angry rant, it was simply a detailing of why your post was bollocks.

Point made.

11. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

2:34 is the "goal" N'Doye goes in & the slow mo shows Shwarzer thinking about getting up, but when he realises he's ****ed up, he does a Possum!

12. Meyho

Meyho Active Member

The worst part about the decision, the Ref had arguably the best view of it, he was looking straight at it.

Whereas for Huddlestone's second yellow, from the Ref's angle it looks like Tom is struggling to catch him and takes him out, which would of warranted a yellow card. But as we can all see from all the other angles, Vardy steps in front of Tom and makes sure he gets clipped by flicking his legs back.

13. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

I think it's edging towards most diving tackles being made illegal. First it was the sliding tackle from behind, which now seems to include any diving tackle from the side, so a block tackle from the front is bound to be next.

Referees have been duped by cheating players who feign injury and this is moving the game towards a non-contact sport.
    The sad thing is a stricter crack-down on diving and feining injury (including red cards for the most extreme cases) would very quickly knock the tossers into line and bring our game back.

PLT likes this.
  14. captain caveman

captain caveman Well-Known Member

I thought the ref was conned. Too many players are trying to trick the ref into the wrong decision for their own benefit, it's about time they were supported with video technology.

15. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

16. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

Makes you wanna spit....

17. Tonight We Dine In Hull

Tonight We Dine In Hull Active Member

I know I'm being extremely pedantic here (I'm not saying it's a foul either way) but when you take the buzz words/phrases of what happens with a nasty foul or red card challenge:

Both feet left the floor
    He's not in control
    He over run the ball and gone in

Only one of the two players fits the criteria.

18. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

He has been excellent recently, but lets not go to far.

Every time he has pulled on the shirt he has been outstanding? Not one player in our team can claim that, i think Chester is a great player but even i will admit he has had some poor game. As has Bruce. Some of us have previously criticized his distribution which is a weakness of his, however recently he has kept it a lot simpler and offloaded the ball to someone more talented in that respect.

On Saturday he was brilliant and has been since he was recalled to the team in the back 3, but don't be ridiculous and say he has been outstanding for us every time ,if he was we would be selling him for 10 million!

PLT likes this.
  19. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

He's not in the team to distribute the ball 100 yards to feet, if that was the case he wouldn't be playing for us, he'd be at a club further up the table. His primary job is to to tackle and disposess the opposition, which for the most part he has been excellent.

I cannot remember him having a bad game as the central centre half in a back 3, in fact in that role, I can't think of many better.

Point out to me games where he has had a stinker in that central defensive role, I'm waiting.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  20. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

There are still a few doing it, I read a mostly excellent post the other week from Sterling Archer about our players which he ruined by a daft judgemental analysis of Bruce so even the decent posters aren't immune on here

GLP likes this.