1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The 5 point gap

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by sniffer1, Dec 9, 2018.

1. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

well guys leeds are on their way with a 5 point gap between us in 2nd automatic promotion place and 3rd place THIS FOR ME SHOWS LEEDS ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK WHEN A 5 POINT GAP APPEARS !! lets take it one game at a time and leave these rabble behind and back to our place where leeds belong amongst the elite !! leeds have almost played all the decent teams only aston villa to come and i think we will tear them apart , especially after the chairman had the ordasity to say that he did not know how leeds managed to get bielsa , leeds united will show him why leeds got bielsa , through our famous history and as the saying goes , winning victorious teams it goes round in circles from leeds been at the top before down to the depths of the league 1 and now back up to the top again , i truly believe when leeds go back up THE TROPHIES WILL START COMING LEEDS UNITEDS WAY AGAIN !!! and i cannot wait to rub the top 6 noses in the dirt again like we did before , Leeds will make up for the cheating bribed referee that cheated us out of the european cup and leeds will win it this time !! DONT FORGET if leeds can go through the circle so can other teams so as good as man city are now it wont always be like that , look at man Utd struggling now after fergie retired and leicester winning the premiership its possible AND LEEDS ARE A TEAM THAT CAN DO IT !! WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS ON HOW THE SEASON IS GOING ? RIGHT UPTO OUR CHANCES IN THE PREMIERSHIP ?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  2. Poly

Poly Well-Known Member

If there's a 5 point gap in May, we can start thinking about it.

I'd rather stay in the Championship than scrape a promotion and get hammered every week like Fulham are.

When/if we go up, it needs to be with a team that can compete in the Prem.

Morbid_White and Whitejock like this.
  3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

That's my position too. Been starved of good football too long & it's such a joy to watch & revel in it. The PL scares me, but I have to say that the very presence of Bielsa makes me waver. If we get promoted, we may just surprise everyone - including ourselves. So I'm just going with the flow this season, and will accept whatever's coming.

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Facts people please. Why are Stoke, WBA, Swansea drenched in cash? Oh yeah because they recieved £117m minimum for coming last and getting relegated. How many times have WBA or Norwich or Burnley or Watford or Newcastle been relegated.

I would be happy to do a WBA and bounce up and down for a couple of seasons, because the wedge we pick up is massive compared to the peanuts here. West Brom earned £117m last season from tv appearances we were on tv much more than them and earned £7.5m with bigger crowds....

We have to speculate to accumulate so to speak and hey beating scum needs to be regular

5. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

That's the trouble Poly, when we don't go up our better players and promising youngsters get poached by the lesser premier league teams. We don't make it this time Pontus certainly won't be here, Phillips might not be, even Bielsa might not be. Get up then worry about it IMO.

Gessa, southernwhite and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  6. sniffer1

we will have a team that can more than cope with premiership as we will have another 100 million at least to spend and fulham are not on the same level as leeds even though they are in the premiership as sky would much rather show a match of leeds utd v liverpool than fulham v liverpool so dont worry leeds can cope !

7. sniffer1

very true and i dont think we have to worry about it later as leeds will have 100 million to spend and a far better sky deal i would expect leeds to finish in the top half of premier league also

8. sniffer1

leeds will have the money when they get up

9. sniffer1

also dont forget all the young players coming through and getting experience in playing , i think we will surprise everyone if we go up and at least finish in the top half of the premiership

southernwhite likes this.