1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The 23.4210526316% of the way Premier league table

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Oct 22, 2018.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

don't care about him but it's obvious they all know he is off to barca or whatever.

2. moreinjuredthanowen

Its amazing how just the "air" about a player can just cause mayhem.

IMO alisson isn't all that, he's fine, good, grand and all that but he's not in the class of a cech in 2004 where it was almost impossible to beat him. Alisson is just calmness personified and has only made one gaff that was quickly brushed under carpet. He has the benefit of VVD in front as well and it all just adds up.

It helps also that the one mistake vvd made v hudderfield was added to by lovren but then missed by a **** forward and it all gets forgotten.

Ideally when vvd made that error his team mate would clear it. ... very often on the other hand vvd is making interceptions and tackles to cover them.

3. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

And Carlton was £20m more expensive

4. saintKlopp

I only saw it a couple of times, but I got the impression that VvD got something on it which deflected it behind Lovren - who had been following the trajectory - so all he could do was flick it with his heel. I'm sure all the haters will put me right here.

This is why I'm unhappy with the performances atm though - nobody is immune to error, and just one can cost us points whereas last season I always felt we could hit back.

As to Alisson, I'm more confident with him there than either of the other two, but I said before we bought him I'm not sure how he keeps Ederson out of the Brazil team and I still haven't seen anything to change my mind.

5. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

<yikes> <yikes> <yikes>

6. moreinjuredthanowen

I dunno quite how brazil pick alisson over ederson either. Both are good but ederson strikes me as a bit fast off his line at the very least.

I would say alisson is probably a lot stronger in dressing room where we don't really see and that could swing it.

7. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

He's certainly a major improvement on what we've had to put up with previously <ok>

8. moreinjuredthanowen

please log in to view this image

this shows who is winning the top 6 v the rest league.... or in other words the club thats falling way behind.

Its very interesting to note that the "top 6" have so far white washed the rest of the league. at this point its near perfect records all round (bar spurs having that one loss and a couple draws.

Utd have dropped 8 points compared to arsenal in this table.

conversely some side have played the top 6 quite a bit (west ham) and some have hardly played any (palace)

11 sides have not got one solitary point off the top 6 so far. Newcastle being the worst offenders.

This just highlights the gulf between sides in the top 5 and the rest :) and shows why any dropped points in this current league are a problem.

If i were west ham and newcastle i'd be very unhappy with that sequence of games being given in first games as it heaps on pressure.
    Its also interesting to note bournemouth have had such a good start but in reality they've had it relatively easy.

finally wolves.... unbeaten v top 6. but still have a lot to do

9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

We also introduced Robbo & Karius, removed Moreno & Migs and lost Coutinho leaving is with a more robust midfield. Not just VVD

10. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

If arsenal can maintain their 100% record against the bottom fourteen, that's 84pts with ten games that are 'anything is a bonus'

11. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

We also had Karius last season and our defensive stats had improved ... once VVD came into the team.

Agree that it’s not solely down to VVD but he is the single biggest factor.

12. moreinjuredthanowen

true.

They have 28 games there and only 7 played so that is exactly 25% of the way there.

We could say the same for us though we won 6/6. that's 84 points for us too.

Zanjinho likes this.
  13. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Pretty sure I mentioned Karius mate.

I did point out several times that we had the best PL defensive record since these changes when everyone under the sun was criticising the **** out of Karius too.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

True.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

It is a shocking transformation though.

16. moreinjuredthanowen

and we were all proved right.

apology accepted

17. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

You claimed it was all VVD. Although he's a large part of it, it's not 100% him. Aka you were wrong, again.

Apology accepted indeed :)

18. moreinjuredthanowen

but you counter claimed Karl is wasn't a flaming liability which patently.he was resulting is a disastrous cl final.

You ought to be ashamed to mention him.in the same breath as vvd. in fact you ought to apologise to him personally.

19. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

We showed a clear improvement once he came into the team (exactly as much as VVD and Robbo in fact)

20. moreinjuredthanowen

facts or it didn't happen ;)

I can produce two clips of him screwing us so bad he might as well have used a rusty bit of barbed wire wrapped aorund a corkscrew.