1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The ‘Guess Who’ thread

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Nov 17, 2017.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Survivor is definitely Odd Ball Gelan, as 100% of his posts have absolutely nothing to do with Charlton.

lardiman likes this.
  2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

The internet is a strange place.

Miketyson2007Junior likes this.
  3. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

EssexAl got all defensive and would not confirm itvwas not Gelan.
    So that confirms 100% in my book.

4. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

"Enjoy Konsa while you can"

Not KM

SR himself today!

5. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

Sad to see that.

Resignation and acceptance that Charlton Athletic no longer has a destiny of its own but now exists simply to provide talented young players for other bigger Clubs. And echoing the frankly insulting sentiments of our uncaring CEO.
    Just because RD and KM don't appear to be going away any time soon, I don't think Charlton supporters should tire of opposing their remote and passionless philosophy. Their stubborn indifference may wear down some people, but that isn't going to work on many others - myself included.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  6. User deleted as requested

Why is Seriously Unoriginal now claiming that Duchatelet will spend money in January ?
    Last January we sold Lookman for an eventual £11,000,000. An ex Chairman leaked that Robinson would have £400,000 to spend on players, including wages. That turned out to be 100% accurate. So why will this January be any different? Meire is also reported to have made a veiled comment at Greenwich University last week that “the manager must look to the Acadeny” ie call up kids , regardless of whether they are ready.
    These 2 Belgian pillocks never learn, quite incredible that Seriously Moronic should think otherwise?

Ken Shabby and CafcFactsStats like this.
  7. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Let's see where we are in December with the narrative because all the rest is noise.

8. ForestHillBilly

Expect to hear something like "January's never a good time to buy.Clubs raise their price when they know a big club like Charlton is after their players. I've been promised backing in the summer".

9. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

SR in talking **** shocker. The guy is worse than BB.

10. ForestHillBilly

He's made talking s*** into an art-form.

11. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

bit like the Scouser <ok>

12. User deleted as requested

We should start a sweepstake on what January’s Big Belgian Lie will be.

I reckon...

“The President only promised to spend if we were in the Top 2”

13. ForestHillBilly

Only if Tom Rubbershow removes the gag:emoticon-0127-lipss will we hear a Belgian lie. And as long as they've got KR to front up the enterprise why should he take that risk?

14. User deleted as requested

The authentic sound of a Grade A Wally ...

CA281290-2201-4857-B022-1EE2C359546B.png

15. lardiman

Forum Moderator

On it goes. drip, drip, drip...

The continuing mantra, the friendly voice of reason persuading Charlton supporters to be content with less.
    Don't pin your hopes on anything better, accept things the way they are and be grateful we are improving on last season.
    Enjoy our talented players until they are sold and wait patiently for jam tomorrow.

Now those horrible protesters have all gone everything is much nicer for loyal fans in the third division. The ground might be nearly empty, but better to have a few thousand positive sing-a-long supporters getting behind the lads, than twice as many selfishly venting their spleen and ruining the atmosphere for people who just want to watch the football.
    We really are better off here in the lower leagues, helping ambitious young players on their journeys to great careers at bigger Clubs. We get a chance to see them here first, and we can still be proud of them after they have moved on. And more often than not we win at the Valley these days, so the fans go home happy on a Saturday evening.

Roland and Katrien have got it right now, and they have certainly improved our match day experience.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    Captain Addick likes this.
  16. ForestHillBilly

The trouble for the happy-clappy brigade is that the great majority of the thousands of fans who have stopped attending matches are not protestors, don't bother with online forums and don't have any interest in Rick Everitt. To spread the gospel according to Roland they'd have to contact the club and get the addresses or contact numbers of lapsed S/T holders and traipse round Kent, SE London and beyond spreading the Good News. Just like Jehovah's Witnesses, they'd find people would see them coming up the path and hide until they went away.

Ponders Revisited likes this.
  17. User deleted as requested

RE claimed that the “real” attendance last week v Rochdale was 6,500.

Far from “growing a new fan base”, Duchatelet is acting like weed killer with what remains of our existing one.

18. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

“RE claimed..” that’s when I stopped reading ;)

19. lardiman

Forum Moderator

The Club must know the real attendance, due to the way the turnstiles now operate. If this is another example of RE claiming he has a source inside the Club that is feeding him information like this, I'm not surprised that many will be sceptical now - or that folks will take the opportunity to poke fun at him. It's his own fault.

My own estimate (between 5,500 and 6,000) was based on nothing but a look around the ground from my usual seat and some experience gained making such estimates in the past. From where I sit I cannot see the upper West, so I grant that my estimates have a fairly wide margin for error.

Even assuming Rick's 'information' is more accurate than my guess, the figure is still over 2,000 short of the official number given by the Club on the day. Presumably this sloppy attendance recording goes on at most if not all Clubs, but given the reputation our regime has for being economical with the truth, this kind of thing does them no favours.
    Everybody knows the Valley is an almost empty vessel nowadays, only given semblance of its past atmosphere when the opposition fans fill the Jimmy Seed stand. And in the third division that is a rare thing.

20. User deleted as requested

If Duchatelet stays we will only get 12,000 in the Championship, and that’s with more away fans.

Even “plastic fans” are not tempted by a manifesto which basically consists of asset stripping.

Ponders Revisited and lardiman like this.