1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thaughts on Milanic

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by southernwhite, Sep 20, 2014.

1. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

I know the jury’s out on this one,but I for one, am all for milanic.He likes to play a fast paced (from the small clips I have seen) passing game,and got a small relatively unknown club like Maribor past on paper a much Larger club celtic threw to the next round of the champions league,on what I feel would have been on less resaurces than at Leeds.He could be the catalyst to get these players playing the type of football we all crave (no more hoofball) we saw the early sighns of things maybe to come at Bournemouth,they just need a special coach to make it all gel together,and I think we will all be looking faward to exciting times ahead.

2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

I know nothing about him, but unlike Wotthefuck he has at least done the job to a reasonable standard, seems to have his teams playing football, and doesn't join us from the job centre six months after being sacked by an eighth tier club for being crap.

3. southernwhite

Agreed once bitten twice shy is an english saying,which cellino will now be well aware of,and won't make that same mistake after hockaday.

4. LeedsinYork

LeedsinYork Well-Known Member

At the end of the day most coaches are only as good as the players they have to work with. Yes there are exceptions but the majority of coaches have very little success in truth. Everyone raving about Redders now would be screaming for him to return to the academy asap if results had been bad.
    Milanic is about as good as we can expect nowadays and we should support the guy and give him some time to settle. With Redders supporting him he could come good, here's hoping. Anyway shave and shower time then Elland Road bound. COME ON LEEEEEEEEEDS

5. southernwhite

Hmm seems as though i might have jumped the gun a bit as not yet a done deall with Sturm Graz. I thaught it was <doh>

6. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

It's all about the payoff. The deal is done, he has a walk away clause, whatever that is and he has activated it.
    Of course we are not massive, but this guy has walked away from a team that qualifies for CL to join us.

7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Obviously wants the job given the fact he's leaving another club to join. Has decent experience so hope players continue to perform for him like they did for Redders. Interesting to read Cellinos comments on interviewing Grayson and Clarke. Re Grayson, he said his agent had more to say than Grayson and ended up being confused who was who.Clarke made it clear he'd prefer to be managing in the pl rather than the Leeds job. Hardly the ideal message to give to your prospective employer. "Yeah, Ill consider your job but really Id prefer something better", twat