1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

That's all folks!!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

So, i like a few others have decided to call it a day on here, it's been fun most of the time, had some good debates over the years but those are now few and far between. It's got quite tedious on here now, several of the good regular posters have gone and it's no longer fun to be honest. I wish most of you well for the future and for what it's worth....i think KM will take us up next season!!

2. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Farewell Spanish, a sad day indeed but quite understand. You will be missed! I have enjoyed our banter and for the most part in good spirit. I tend to think it takes up too much of our time, and there other things in life, as important, if not more so than even ITFC!

Wishing you all the best and I am sure you are right to be confident about next season.

3. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Sad to see another long standing participant leave,best wishes.

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

All the best Spanish.

5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

It's sad that this situation has gotten to the point where people are leaving. Before you decide to leave I'd like to give you a tip on how you can remain with us and enjoy the forum. There is an ignore feature that will remove all posts from someone you have no interest in interacting with. I have had a message from another user today saying that he is leaving too. Naturally I would like you both to stay as you will be a big loss to the rest of us so why don't you just click that ignore button and continue to have conversation with those that you enjoy debating with?

If you have decided to call it quits I'd like to say thank you for the many years that I have known you and for the how do I put it.....passionate debates we've had!
    I wish you all the best in the future <ok>

6. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Well put SD!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  7. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Sorry to see you go. Haven’t always agreed with everything but that’s the whole point of a forum. Everyone having a chance to air their own views and opinions of what is best for ITFC and feeling safe to do so

8. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Spanish - although we haven't seen eye-to-eye on many things over the last several years, it would be a massive shame to see you leave. I'm sorry things have reached the stage where you're no longer enjoying the debate.

San Diego - your solution is very reasonable. I didn't even know there was an 'Ignore' button, although I personally wouldn't use it. Hopefully people that want to use it and stay, do use it - as it would be a shame to lose out on more posters. Come on guys, you don't want to avoid the exciting prospect of next season, when we're narrowly missing out on the play offs again!

It would be a shame to experience the potentially exciting times on the horizon as an Ipswich fan, while half the people that we've shared the lows with over the last decade or so have left this forum. We've stomached some absolute dross on the pitch over the last several years, and yet a lot of us are still here. One of the big positives of this forum is that it's smaller and more inclusive than the bigger forums like TWTD and the cesspit that is Twitter. The downside to that is that one or two people can turn people off. Use the ignore button and let's get through these next few dead rubbers and hopefully have another season of renewed optimism and good debate!

Redruth, itfcptc, San Diego and 2 others like this.
  9. Southcoastoldgaffer

Well said Nuggets! I am sure most people can politely disagree over an issue without a. Uttering complete nonsense b. Having a rude rant

We all have our views on many subjects. Eg I cant stand Boris, his Brexiteers and have no time for his arrogant, money grabbing Tory toffs with their snouts in the trough. But there are many who believe he is the cats whiskers! I respect their views.

Twtd is mainly obsessed with other topics, but you get a nice cross the board members, and some do know their football.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    Buckyohare, Redruth and Bigalreigned like this.
  10. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I struggle to find any respect for people who support the shameful government. I admire your calm demeanour but at the same time, look where showing too much respect and turning the other cheek to Putin has gotten us.

50% of the content on this forum is nonsense and the other 70% is ranting so if we only had the 10% of well measured, well thought out posts it’ll be pretty quiet.

I don’t want to see people resorting to the ignore button. I for one take on board that I need to be kinder, as I would be talking to people in person. We are debating football after all, not economics or immigration policy.

Redruth likes this.

11. Southcoastoldgaffer

And football is all our passion. I am often amazed at the breadth of knowledge and history of the game, shown by posters, especially pertaining to ITFC. Showing my age again!

12. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

Echo every one else's comments, will be a shame to see you leave. I know I read more than I post but I always enjoy reading the debates. Always much more informative than TWTD comments and Twitter. I don't recall ever directly entering a debate with you but the forum will be a poorer place without your input.

13. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

If you want ranting and mayhem try General Chat <yikes>