1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

That penalty and blatant cheating

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by nickyb, Oct 19, 2014.

1. koskikabow

koskikabow Active Member

Okay , we have all had our say , time to bring to an end all the name calling arising from "THE PENALTY ?". Especially you ONB , you are just a s##t stirring , trouble causing , back biting old english lit. acedemic. And for our Welsh brothers who are still undecided , Moses was fouled by Rangel. "old" refers to you Nick , not the english lit. Hope your back is causing no bother.

2. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Nice one <ok>

3. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Thanks KKB, back not too bad.
    By the way 99% of the posters on here...seemed to have MISSED my <whistle> after my Moses comment.
    That SHOULD have sent a message.

Hey ho and as you say...enough

4. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Hell yeah,
    Well said Zoz & kos kick a bow.

We rise above it and move onwards. My gripe never has or will be with Swans fans. My problem is with Gary Monk.
    So I wish Swansea and their fans all the best. <ok>

5. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Oh and another thing KKB...I have NEVER engaged in back-stabbing...just because I was a sailor.

Oh you mean THAT type of back-stabbing...not guilty either...always direct.

Why are swans called jacks???

6. roofjack_22

roofjack_22 Well-Known Member

Stoke and theyre fans have gotten away with so much in general , they expect to get away with it as the norm.To say Bony wasnt fouled in the box twice but Rangel fouled Moses just shows how dillusioned you lot are.

7. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Oh dear

8. roofjack_22

roofjack_22 Well-Known Member

A minute or two before Shawcross spun Bony around in the box like a spinning top he pushed Siggy , from the back , to the ground and kicked him in the head on the way down.A few minutes aftet the penalty , someone checked Bony in box that a hockey player would be jealous of .You people are ****ed in the head frankly

9. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

10. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

We'll have you cheating Bastards at the Liberty!..................<laugh>

11. DragonPhilljack

"Good on Gary Monk on diving. Just telling the truth. Diving is cheating fellow players, refs and fans. Pity more managers didn&#8217;t do same." - Stan Collymore

"What is all the fuss about if a player takes a dive anywhere on the pitch and wins a penalty or free kick then that is cheating!! Correct?" - John Hartson

"I haven't heard a single person who's not a stoke fan defending victor Moses. Think that speaks volumes - Matt Le Tissier

"Good on Garry Monk for speaking out so strongly about diving and the inaction of Mike Riley. - Matt Law

"If people get charged for speaking their mind on diving and the diver gets away with it then the world really has gone mad. - John Cross/Mirror

"Just seen all the goals from the weekend. Lampard and Moses penalty decisions were poor but what about the Fabregas goal? Sublime - michael owen

Are you lot always so one eyed?.............<laugh>

12. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I personally don't think you can defend actions like that, as you can't defend what Shawx did. The problem is that you could have a handful of examples of both holding in the box/shirt pulling and diving that go unpunished in every game, but they rarely get highlighted.

The issue in this instance is that the ref was poor all over the pitch and lacked consistency, as does the officiating in general throughout all of the premier league games - week in, week out! In the next game both of the incidents in question could (and probably would) go the other way - Shawx would get a warning and the corner kick retaken and Mosses would be booked.

13. DragonPhilljack

Yep agree with all this...........<ok>

14. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It doesn't make it right though, it just shows how ugly the game is when not played in its purest firm. If I were a Swansea fan I would have been pissed to say the least - I still think the ref just lost the plot and tried to balance up the game - whether that be consciously or not.

In a way I'm glad the Shawx penalty was given because it highlights what goes on all the time - it will just be interesting to see how the future games are officiated?

15. zozozela

zozozela Active Member

Words of wisdom Smithers. I've felt that Shawcross lets himself down with the holding but he is not the only one to do it. Likewise Moses and going down too easy.

Unfortunately, Shawcross has an unfair reputation for being the only defender that is handsy and physical. It needs Cahill or someone high profile conceding a penalty for players to change their actions. Likewise Moses. Why berate him so heavily when higher profile players (Lampard, I'm looking at you fella) do this and get away with it.

I'm all for stamping.out cheating. Let's do it all the way through the league though eh?

16. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Moses dived in both of your games at the stadium of light league cup and league this season and is better than Robben at it now !, he might get an Oscar next year, you go to Soton on sat and he won't get a chance hehe.

17. koskikabow

koskikabow Active Member

Why are they called jacks you ask. My dictionary points to a "knave" who jacks up ( injects himself with narcotic drugs ) and jacks off ( masturbates ). Is that getting close ?

18. The Blackness

The Blackness New Member

19. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Nope...I believe KKB's latter description.

20. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

What's gone has gone, but as yet, not one Swans fan has said. They saw Crouchs shirt being pulled first half?
    Why is that not a penalty? MOTD saw it but hey feckin ho! Hartson didn't say a word.
    Too right Shawcross has to be careful in future. But so does every other centre half from now on in.

It's a shame that the fans have to argue the toss when it's the REFS who keep getting it WRONG.

Good luck to Swansea for the season.