1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thanks for everything, Arsene

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Mantis, Apr 20, 2018.

1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Sums you up to a tee doesn't it.

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Let me know when you find that league...<ok>

3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

No he doesn't.
    Or would you like him to prefix everything he says with "in my opinion".....?
    When someone talks, you can take it for granted that it is their opinion, unless they state otherwise, otherwise everyone on the planet would be starting every sentence with , "In my opinion..." and that would be silly.

lazarus20000 likes this.
  4. lazarus20000

I don't think he grasps the idea of footballing forums where people GIVE THEIR OPINIONS. It's a strange outburst but something normal from TT.

TheBear and Bodinki like this.
  5. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Conference

Bodinki likes this.
  6. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Any civilized discussion does not only contain opinion, but also necessarily contains facts on why the opinion is valid. Statement of just an opinion is an attempt to impose authority, particularly when it is followed by an ad hominem attack. It is generally offensive even if the person giving the opinion does have authority.

This is really low-intelligence stuff people. I'm not sure how old you all are or what your education level is, but this is stuff you should have learnt in school, or when you were socialized at a young age. Get out more and talk to people.

Bear and I can have a discussion and we throw facts around and we may get a little hot from time to time, but we both end up (grudgingly perhaps) learning something from the discussion, and sometimes even changing our opinions (slightly).

The crap that you guys are doing isn't promoting discussion, it is shutting it down, and it is one of the reasons we don't get many people on here.

7. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

I don't know what kind of discussion you think attacking people's intelligence on a forum is going to lead to

lazarus20000 likes this.
  8. lazarus20000

I'm not going to even bother with him, he's just a fool. If i was to quote the ridiculous things he's come up with over the years, it would take up pages and pages on this forum and probably break it.

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Thats exactly what he did do.
    He backed up his opinion of Wenger not being good enough any more, with the evidence that Wenger isn't good enough any more.
    No league titles in 14 years, for a club like Arsenal, is not good enough.
    No decent attempts at winning the Champions Leaugue, since the 2006 final, is not good enough.
    Failing to address problem areas in the squad and sign adequate replacements, is not good enough.
    Tactical inadequacies on the pitch, is not good enough.

If you do not agree with any of that, that is your subjective opinion, and you are entitled to it, but sitting their saying you are right and everyone who disagrees is stupid <laugh>........that only makes you look a tit, mate.
    EDIT: And obviously your board disagrees, as Wenger has just come out to say they sacked him (in so many words)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43896201

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    TheBear, BobbyD and lazarus20000 like this.
  10. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

He was going to be sacked, I believe. So he decided to resign rather than receive his p45. Let's just say they persuaded him to step down.

11. ToledoTrumpton

This is just a flat out lie - he didn't do that.

Here is exactly what he wrote:

"To manage England you need a really good man manager that can motivate the England players. This is something Wenger of today struggles to do. An earlier Wenger would know how to adapt the existing England team to make them play good attacking football. The Wenger of today is stubborn and incapable of identifying problems or show flexibility."

He cites no fact to show that Wenger struggles to motivate, and he shows no fact to back up his assertion that Wenger is stubborn and inflexible, or even establish why tactical inflexibility is a bad trait. SAF teams played the same way for his entire career. I'm not sure tactical inflexibility was a problem for him.

As I said if you want to have a reasoned discussion like a civilized person then I'm good to go, if you just want to try and bully people to your opinion, **** off.

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

He probably assumed, as you are an Arsenal fan, that you had been watching Arsenal for the last, I dont know, 5 years....and had seen all this first hand, as everyone else has?
    Maybe....thats just a guess.

So having a difference of opinion is bullying now?

That seems to be exactly what you are doing. Because people disagree you feel the need to insult and abuse them.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    lazarus20000 likes this.
  13. ToledoTrumpton

Look, your dumb passive aggression wont work on me, just like your other bullying. Give it up and **** off.

14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Aggression? <laugh>
    Where have I been aggressive? Passive or otherwise?
    So its okay for you to talk utter bollocks and say what you want without any "evidence" but everyone else has to provide dossiers on why their opinion might be valid, before YOU can accept anything they say?
    **** off you, you self important twat. (That is aggressive <ok> )
    Good luck dealing with this guy Arsenal fans, we have a loony on our board as well.

Hey TT, ever spoken to StanDman? You two should get on like a house on fire.

15. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

didn't he said he was forced to leave? he give sh!t about what Arsenal fans think ? so if he is not respecting you guys , why would you ?!!! <doh>

16. lazarus20000

I think we've done the whole Wenger thing to death, and as you said in your previous post, everyone knows it so whats the point of regurgitating the same stuff again? The problem is TT lives in an alternate universe where he sees something different to what everyone else sees. I'm sad but happy that Wenger is leaving and Arsenal is finally moving on. The right thing happened and for once, the Board and Management mirrored what the fans wanted too.

Wenger had his time, that time is no longer now. He will forever be an Arsenal Legend.

Bodinki likes this.
  17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yeah seems every club on this forum has at least one of those <laugh>
    United have/had UiR, Liverpool have Astro, you have TT, we have StanDman.

When I read StanDman's posts, I sometimes wonder if he is even watching the same sport, and not drug-induced late night re-runs of Takeshi's Castle or some **** <laugh>

lazarus20000 likes this.
  18. lazarus20000

<laugh> late night re-runs of Takeshi's Castle

Maybe their watching it together? Maybe it's the same guy but with multiple personalities? Who knows. One thing is for sure, they are as fruity as a Mr Kiplings exceedingly fruity cake.

Bodinki likes this.
  19. ToledoTrumpton

No, the problem is that everybody wants to take their opinions to extremes. Either Wenger is not fit to manage again anywhere at any level or you get branded as a Wenger lover who can't see his flaws.

This helps you avoid having to make an actual argument to convince people, because it is just a case of leaping on the bandwagon. It is really easy to get lazy and do it just to feel the good feeling of belonging to the herd.

The problem starts in our modern schools where children are taught facts instead of how to reason out facts for themselves.

If there is a secret to why the West got ahead of the rest of the world historically, it was this (largely male) spirit of individuality. Da Vinci was branded an idiot for all his inventions. So many great men were "eccentric" at best. Newton was considered mad, but in history Europeans were encouraged to think, and allowed disagree with both the church and the state.

The change to education was made with good intentions, I think. They didn't want people to be racist or sexist or any other -ist, or discover something that might offend someone, but the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

We are all just lemmings these days and it is the reason why we are headed into such dark times. I was suggesting Wenger might make a decent England manager, I wasn't suggesting he should stay at Arsenal, so there is no need to throw your toys out of your pram, but I don't take any offence to you branding me as fruitcake. I'm in exceedingly good company.

20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

to be fair to them i don't think Wenger would make a good National Manager for most teams (he might be okay with Spain).

As argued over the years, the things Arsene excelled at has been caught up by modern managers and so he's fallen by the wayside and many of us saw it far earlier whereas some hoped Wenger would change.

Postives and what won him the league:

- Science, good culture in the club, Diet. His players were fitter back then but now everyone tries to instill this, especially at the top clubs
    - Great scouting. Back then the clubs from the UK and even to a large extent didn't have global scouting networks and Wenger was very astute. Nowadays, even the ****ty club have scouts in Europe and Africa
    - Training up talent

His teams were devastating with pace and power. Dunno why Wenger changed the formula and tried to go the barca mini marvels route.

At no point was Wenger tactically brilliant. His Plan A was very good but managers started coming up with counter strategies to it and wenger never changed from his ways.

At international level, as well as keeping the ball, you need to be organised generally and tactically sharp. I don't think Wenger is either of those.

Nowadays, Wenger has had the money recently, but hasn't rectified his problems, whether thats personnel or tactics, i think it's a bit of both and this is why we have seen Wenger and Arsenal fall behind the bigger clubs recently.

lazarus20000 likes this.