1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thanks for everything, Arsene

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Mantis, Apr 20, 2018.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Which is why we need a manager who can get us back in there.

2. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

I agree. it's probably the most difficult it's ever been getting into the top 4 since the PL first began. We have some very good players and have the chance to get back in with some additions, but the key here is the manager. Having very good players is one thing, but you also need to know what to do with them. City might have been the best team but Liverpool and Spurs were also very good, with Man U and Chelsea not far behind. I can see both Man U and Chelsea improve next season and the rest.

With a new manager, i can see us make improvements but it could be temporary if he isn't good enough. A top manager will be able to sustain a high level and not tail off.

PINKIE likes this.
  3. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

NUFC fan in peace :)

Wenger changed the game over here and while the last 7-10 years haven't been great for you in ocmparison to what he achieved early in his career with you there are probably 15 teams in the league who would kill for the success he's bought to Arsenal in that time. Think he deserves a lot more credit even over the last few years than he was given while there has been problems at boardroom level which he's ultimately taken the flak for.

There is only one reason he's stepping down: ArseholeTV or what ever those neanderthals outside the stadium spouting **** each week are called, great to watch though always a good laugh for us non-Arsenal fans but to many sheep listen to those nonces and regurgitate their "fuk me bludz Arsene out ya kna mean cuz fam safe-ting ya get me".

Interesting to see you guys think a new manager is going to come in and revolutionize things there. Not worried you'll be like Man U once SAF left? Who'd be your number one pick?

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Allegri or simeone

5. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Simeone would be ideal. Someone who can organize a watertight defence and who would instill the discipline and never say die attitude we have lacked over the last 13 years. His only problem would be his reputation for being a prima donna. But we could do worse.

6. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

I agree with all the spirit and everything, but I think we are closer than most people think. We are missing a couple of fighters in midfield and a goalkeeper, and we can get by without much more. Holding and Chambers well improve, and the young Greek guy in the U23s looks really strong. I think we might already have the players in the club if we get a bit better organized.

7. Jayramfootball

Jayramfootball Active Member

It was time for Mr Wenger to leave. I hope he gets a wonderful send-off. I think he will stay in the game and manage another club perhaps in a league that does not suffer from rich people buying trophies.

8. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Luis Enrique for me

PINKIE likes this.
  9. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Seems to have some legs. We'll find out soon enough. I am sure the club want someone in place sooner rather than later.

10. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

I wonder if the timing is so that we can “honestly” look for a replacement in the open rather than behind Wenger’s back

11. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Simeone would be perfect imo. You've lacked backbone for years and that's what his teams are all about. You've got plenty of attacking talent for him to work with you just need organisation. Not much better than Simeone at organising a team.

Would he leave Atletico though? Not so sure.

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Not sure we'd go for Simeone tbh. Although I'd like him at Arsenal. Gazidis has said today that we'll appoint somebody who carries forward the ethos of our attacking football, and I don't think Simeone fits that bill. I reckon we'll go for somebody like Enrique personally. And I think he'll have more of a head coach role than a full management role like Wenger did.

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think he'll manage again also, probably after taking a short break from the game. He might be tempted by an international role, but who knows, he won't be short of offers and he'll probably take something that sparks his interest.

14. Jayramfootball

Jayramfootball Active Member

Maybe the England job after the World Cup as I thinks it will not be a good tournament for Mr Southgate.

15. Bergkampspilot

Bergkampspilot Active Member

Haven't been on here for ages. But I return to say goodbye to the greatest manager who has ever managed our club. You leave us in a much better position than when you started and for that every fan is grateful. I will miss you Arsene and when the dust settles the history books will class you in the genius category of football managers.

16. lazarus20000

Depends on which Wenger takes over at England. Early Wenger Yes, current Wenger a big fat no.

17. ToledoTrumpton

You mean the one that has won 3 FA Cups in the last 5 years? 3 more than Southgate has ever won.

18. lazarus20000

To manage England you need a really good man manager that can motivate the England players. This is something Wenger of today struggles to do. An earlier Wenger would know how to adapt the existing England team to make them play good attacking football. The Wenger of today is stubborn and incapable of identifying problems or show flexibility.

19. ToledoTrumpton

You state your opinion as if it is fact, it is a trait of a sociopathic personality. You have built a fantasy world where you are smarter than premier league mangers, and qualified to judge them. You will grow abusive and angry if that fantasy world is challenged by facts or reality.

20. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member