1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thanks for everything, Arsene

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Mantis, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

The latter half of your tenure may have been shrouded in disappointment but you leave an Arsenal legend and respected and admired by millions. Thank you for everything you're contributed to the club. Our Invincible season will stand the test of time.

Thoughts should turn to who we get in next season. I heard Thomas Tuchel is heading to PSG so perhaps one of the Italian managers?

winifred122 likes this.
  2. goonerman

goonerman Member

I agree with these comments. Have to say thanks for all the improvements you have made to our great club. Your place in Arsenal's long and illustrious history is assured. Wish you all the best for the future.

winifred122 likes this.
  3. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Skybet have Brendan Rodgers as the favourite to be the next @Arsenal manager Rodgers 4/1 Viera 5/1 Ancelotti 6/1 Allegri 6/1 Löw 7/1 Tuchel 8/1 Henry 12/1 Favre 14/1

Have to say, I wouldn't mind giving Vieira a go. Don't really want Rogers. Ancelotti would be brilliant, as would Allegri or Low. Tuchel and Henry I'm not interested in seeing in the dugout and I have no idea who Favre is.

Favre it is then.

4. goonerman

goonerman Member

Viera would be good, knows the club well. What about Dyche?

5. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Surely you've already lined someone up? I very much doubt this would have been released without a plan in place.

6. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

The manager concerned may not be able to be announced yet as they're still with a specific club so expect any announcements on that to happen after the season (although they might have already made up their mind).

7. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Don't want to see Vieira, Henry, Rodgers or Tuchel anywhere near us. The league is far too challenging for managers with no experience like Vieira and Henry, they would be eaten alive. Tuchel didn't do too well with Dortmund and Rodgers needs to show his worth in the Prem again.

I would go with a more experienced and proven manager like Ancelotti or Allegri. Both have the gravitas to take over from Wenger and be able to compete in a very tough league like the PL.

gooner4ever, Quilllogic and Skylarker like this.
  8. Skylarker

This ^^^

I'm not an Arsenal fan but I keep hearing Vieira should be given a chance? WTF?? Why?

Rodgers is ****. Suarez made him look decent. Honestly without Suarez he would have failed even more than he did at Liverpool. Tuchel was poor at Dortmund and made Klopp look like a magician.

I think Ancelotti is a good short term option but if I were a Gooner I'd go for someone a bit younger, Allegri would fit (I think he's about 45-50) but would you leave Juventus for Arsenal? i wouldn't. But I'm not a manager so don't know the ins and outs of these type of deals.

Interesting times.

gooner4ever, lazarus20000 and PINKIE like this.
  9. Skylarker

Why? How?

Knowing the club well isn't enough. Vieira should do what Gerrard did and go and coach the kids, work his way up. What has he done to deserve a mention?

gooner4ever and Quilllogic like this.
  10. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Whatever the case may be, at least we have hope that things will be different next season. Which is what we all want. I don't expect Arsenal to start challenging, but I hope that the right steps are taken. Of course, we can't rule out a terminal decline, heaven forbid.

Skylarker likes this.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Greatest arsenal manager ever. Thanks for everything Arsene.

gooner4ever and winifred122 like this.
  12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Said it loads of times before but I don’t want to see a manager given a ‘chance’ to manage a big club. We need somebody with proven experience at the top.

Allegri would be my no1 choice.

13. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

A big ****ing 'NO!' to Rodgers

PINKIE likes this.
  14. lazarus20000

Not only a big club but he will have to fill the shoes of an Arsenal legend. Whoever comes in will immediately be compared to Wenger and everything around the club will still have his aura. That's why we need a manager big enough to cope with this, plus compete with 5 of the best managers in the world and their established teams.

Only the very best of Allegri, Simeone, Acelotti etc will be able to keep step and manage expectations. I'm confident that we have the desirability factor to attract the best.

PINKIE likes this.
  15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Agree with that, although the club might want to go in the other direction and appoint an unknown so that they can mould him to fit their ethos.

16. lazarus20000

Although Ancelotti isn't my first choice, he is big enough to steady the Arsenal ship post Wenger. Despite my criticism of Wenger, he hasn't left a bad squad and it's not impossible to rectify some of the problems this summer window. We have the markings of a potent strike force but need the foundation to back it up.

The Arsenal management have made the right appointments in bringing Mislintat and Sanllehi so i'm confident that we will make the key signings we need.

17. lazarus20000

It's a huge risk in my opinion. When Wenger came in it was far less competitive than we see now, so he had the chance to mould his vision. Now the PL has Pep, Mourinho, Klopp, Conte and Poch, 4 of the 5 are proven at the highest level and Poch is one of the best young managers out there.

We are losing a huge Arsenal icon that has been the center of everything, what we need now is stability and bringing in an unknown could be disastrous.

18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I totally agree. I think we need a manager with proven champions league experience and one who has won things at the highest level.

19. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see how we set up next season. I guess it will depend largely on who the manager is, who is left at the club and who will come in (as well as who will leave). In short, I guess we are all speculating now but it's a pointless exercise.

20. Skylarker

Why mate? you're not in the CL.