1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ten League games played how have we done.

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by wakeybreakyheart, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

True we were fairly comfortable until Phillips **** up made worse by a dumbass moment by Cooper.

Irishshako and 2 pennth like this.
  2. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

10 league games played, how have we done?

better than the 22 to 23 teams below us, including the Wall,,:emoticon-0105-wink: depending on the Wolves game result.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sorry I missed your question earlier - I was getting my sister's MOT sorted on her car for her and the 30 quid test fee she was expecting has now become an unexpected 330 quid. I blame Warnock........<laugh><laugh>

As far as my take on your game is concerned, you fell into the same trap that Santo and his boys did earlier on the season. Out-managed on the touchline and out-played on the pitch. Christiansen has advocated a passing game for you like Santo at Wolves this season along with some others who have been trying it the Championship for a while like Carvalhal and Stam. It doesn't always work.

The problem is as much as you want to play your own game all the time, you need the ability to adapt to the opposition. Christiansen looked devoid of ideas on the touchline. He had no plan B whereas Warnock has them all up to Y and Z in this division before and during the game.

When I saw our team sheet with Gunnar and Rallsy missing I thought we were in for a torrid time in midfield but Bamba was a monster. Bryson and Damour buzzed around him and the pace of Hoilett and Mendez left your guys for dead. There's always a goal in Zohore waiting to come out and it did twice at the right times.

You passed the ball around in front of them very well but then again it was always the plan to let you do that - it doesn't worry us one little bit and you can't score from there. Don't know what happened to you at Millwall other than the result and I still reckon you'll win more games than you lose this season. Must say it looks like TC needs to learn pretty quickly about the Championship and what it takes to win games.

4. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Agreed Sparkey,

TC has a lot to learn yet. I reckon he was getting caught up in how well we did at beginning of season with being unbeaten and our run of not conceding, but I think it blinded him to the real football in this league.

Some of our new players are learning about English football, and this league for first time as well, but they'll get it, didn't seem to phase a couple of'em to begin with.

I still believe we have the team for top 2 finish, but TC has to learn that playing our strongest team with the right players in every game is required to gain promotion, he also needs to learn about subbing, and when to make'em earlier, as well as bringing on the right players for the players coming off. He'll have plenty of advisors around him, but I got a sneaky suspicion TC can be stubborn at times, as are most, if not all managers at times.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

5. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Think that's a reasonable assessment from sparky, but goals change games, we looked the better side until the goal.

What is a little concerning is we got all this... analysing where it went wrong last season and how he'd have changed it stuff from TC. It's gone wrong a couple of times now and he hadn't looked like a man with a plan (at least not one his players could carry out).

Can't legislate for errors and a stupid sending off, so I'm prepared to cut some slack for last night but he needs to get a handle on the finer art of some of the more traditionally English style championship teams. Clearly wTching it on tv and facing it live are two different things.

6. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Is that a definite

7. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

no its a joke well it made me laugh <laugh>

8. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

No, when was he shot? Good idea, mind. Too many Irish on here

9. 2020VisionofLeeds

It's a definite 'can'

But I have money on it, and when have I ever lost a bet?

Bookies have Wednesday win as most likely but all 3 results are similar-ish odds

10. 2020VisionofLeeds

I'm here to help. Anyone supporting Wall needs cheering up

2 pennth and MIGHTY like this.

11. 2020VisionofLeeds

It looked like it was Klich who slipped, not Phillips, for their first goal

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  12. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'll agree you did look the better passing side before the goal but that is exactly what we're saying down here - we don't mind that, it's points that matter. If you look at all our match stats so far this season we've rarely if ever had the greater possession - but we've won the games with pace out of defence.

It's all very well looking good, but a team counter attacking with pace against technically adept players who can't morph into an effective defensive unit will usually find a way through. Zohore first goal was a prime example of that and his second the result of some wonderfull fast passing around the box to put him in - and there's no bloody way he was offside either.

There is also no way we are "Warnock's team of cloggers" as suggested by some on here. We play some scintillating stuff when needed, and when the alternative is required, we do that as well. Sunderland up there last weekend was an example. We blew them away and were all over them like a rash for the first 20 minutes and scored. Then they got a penalty to get back in it and we changed up a gear to go on and win it.

It's called management, and whatever opinions fans hold about Warnock due to history, many aspiring managers at this level would do well to take a leaf out of his book.

13. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Bookmarked :bandit:

14. milkyboy

I wouldn't argue with any of that sparky, I've read your match reports and your results haven't been lucky.

My point about us starting well was that a mistake opened the door and changed the game, you may well have turned the screw regardless of that mistake or you might not... such is that nature of team sports and goals change games. You certainly took your goals well and the Better team won on the night.

15. milkyboy

You're a cruel man Chippy

16. Chippy / Glory

If you are right you get bragging rights if not you get slaughtered.... Seems fair to me. <laugh>

MIGHTY likes this.
  17. milkyboy

I'm not the bragging kind, but I take my slaughterings like the screaming wimp I am.

Do note however I said 'fair better', that's hedging. If we win or draw I win, if we lose narrowly I can fudge it as an Improvement.

If we get battered from pillar to post again I need another excuse!

18. Chippy / Glory

You don't get to decide the parameters of "fair better".
    If we are worse than 2nd on Sunday night it is pelters time!

19. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

It was, but why let facts get in the way of another Phillips slaughtering? :D

It was Sky that caused the confusion, actually. Commentator said Phillips when it was indeed Klich. Don't think Phillips is old enough to grow a proper beard. :D

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  20. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Yes:(