1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Ten Fags In v Newcastle United

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, May 12, 2024.

1. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Well-Known Member

I made a thread questioning the mentality of this group of players months ago and was of course ridiculed for even suggesting it's an issue. It would appear that others are now arriving at this thought themselves. Like you say it's never happening in crunch games! They need the comfort of the home crowd.

2. FadgewackeR

FadgewackeR Well-Known Member

Away form was excellent last year... So was the defence... Something has changed - Injury to Pope being a big one, but the away from disintegrating has been odd.

3. Rex Kramer

There's players that are not good enough playing regularly. The day they're not the improvement will be massive.

ToonArmy1892 likes this.
  4. FadgewackeR

Can say the same about last season... We over achieved. Still the same faces, just a different season.

Purple patch Miggy vs Miggy... Wilson actually playing a few games...

This year we've had Gordon! Isak on fire when fit... Still, we've had a smattering of "not good enough" players but that was they same last year.

5. Rex Kramer

The other sides kicked on... last season was a **** standard.

6. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Champion’s League Prediction League Champion
    Forum Moderator

Defence wise.

1. We are missing Pope big time. The difference in quality between Pope and Dubs is huge. For me Pope being out has been the biggest factor in the decline of the defence.

2. Back 4 last season was

Tripps, Schar, Botman, Burn.

3. Back 4 last night

Tripps (not match fit) Krafth, Burn, Hall

4. None of our back 5 last night are first choice back 5 in the position they played.

5. Very probably (I’ve not checked) only a handful of games have the first choice back 5 have played together this season in big contrast to last season.

Given above it’s not too surprising why our defence hasn’t performed as well as last year.

7. Rex Kramer

How many 5's ? Mix it up with fives and 5's next time please.

8. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

<confused>

9. Rex Kramer

It just had a lot of 5s that's all.

10. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Five’ist.

<grr>

Rex Kramer likes this.

11. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace
    Forum Moderator

No, he's 5ist. Do you not read?

Rex Kramer likes this.
  12. Rex Kramer

ezgif-5-675eed86e8.gif

13. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

That goes without saying but you have clearly failed to notice his disgraceful and disgusting refusal to write ‘five’. If that’s not a clear sign of a ‘five’ist’ I don’t know what is!!!

14. Judge GG

Judge GG Well-Known Member

All about right. The first 5 points though is Howe isn’t it.

Howe makes them choices. Bewildering.

If we are to progress we must stop with playing the nice lads and play the best players.

He has these games in him Howe does.

Our away form is simply shocking and that’s a mentality thing.

15. Judge GG

That doesn’t explain our shocking away form. That’s a mentality thing.

The atmosphere is a nice calm lovey dovey one which is fine at home.

But away we need to be made more of steel and not Balsa wood.

16. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Our right side is ****ing ****, all Murphy can do is cross a ball.

Trippier is a lost soul and far too old to be playing at this level of football, not to mention now injuries are catching up.

Apart from Isak all we have up front is Wilson, he can't even manage more than 2 games.

We wasted 6 months playing Burn at lb and not Hall. Turns out Burn, a CB is far better at CB than LB. Which is just a dreadful decision Howe committed the entire club too.

Then we have Dubravka, who is nowhere near as good as Pope and some would even suggest Pope is not good enough for a top 4 side.

We need investment in the squad and I have not changed my opinion at all, we need a new vision in the dugout. I am absolutely convinced we will never win a thing under this current coach.

Judge GG likes this.
  17. FadgewackeR

I'm less that totally convinced we'll win nothing under EH, but some of the decisions are baffling me currently. Wednesday has completely done me in.

Problem we have if we were to change coaching staff now is, well, it's a bad time to be pruning a decent manager from anywhere... just look at Liverpool, Bayern etc... There might be a diamond in the rough, but without the right sporting director in place to advise and convince those targeted, it'd be a **** show.

Rex Kramer likes this.
  18. Judge GG

I agree.

19. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Don't quite understand the delay on sporting director side. Really incredibly ponderous process, as usual. I dislike Ratcliffe intently - but since he arrived, he's taken on Berrada, Wilcox and has all-but-signed Ashworth as just three key changes. We knew Ashworth's head was turned in January, here we are nearly six months later with an alleged shortlist of three, one of whom is basically Palace's chief scout.

Howe will never win anything here, but currently the entire squad and club isn't set up for success anyway. We've got to replace 5 players in the first XI (RW, CM, RCB, LB, GK), let alone strenghtening youth and the squad. The issue with Howe is he puts faith and believe in triers like Burn, Murphy, Longstaff, rather than being really objective about the squad. Then there's facilities, staff, etc. Even when Leicester achieved the impossible, their infrastructure was - correct me if I'm wrong - but top of the line. We've still not made any announcement on the training facilities. Maybe it's partly to do with the ownership structure - certainly from my dealings with Saudi's, you need signatures, stamps, multiple approvals, before even tea & milk is ordered.

Anyway, the manager will get the foreseeable. If the sporting director is, as I suspect, another middle of the road appointment then I don't suddenly expect big names to be lined up for managerial roles. I'd personally like us to go for Amorim, but it's not going to happen. It's going to take another 2-3 years of this before we see a really ambitious change.

20. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

and this is why we are in the ****ing mess we are <doh>
    no name of reporter and no name of who is on the 'Panel' - you couldn't make it up, but these ****ers have

for the sake of argument, I have spoken to 3 ex refs who all say it was a penalty
    and 1 is a Manure supporter
    stick that in your pipe BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cyddpyj8gzqo

The referee was correct not to award Newcastle a penalty during Wednesday's defeat at Manchester United, says an independent panel.

Sofyan Amrabat stepped on the heel of Magpies winger Anthony Gordon as he ran into the box late in the first half, with United leading 1-0.

The hosts went on to win 3-2 and the incident, which Gordon said was "a clear penalty", has now been reviewed by the Premier League's Key Match Incident Panel.

In the verdict, which has been seen by BBC Sport, one panellist believed the "left foot of the defender impedes the attacker on the back of his heel " and was enough to warrant a penalty.

However, the other four panellists felt otherwise and the non intervention from the video assistant referee (VAR) was unanimously supported.

FadgewackeR likes this.