1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Wolves

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Jan 17, 2019.

1. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Yep, they’re young lads, let them play together. If he then wants to change to 433 which served us well in the big games, you can make one change and take one of the 3 behind Vardy out for the extra centre mid. At the minute we are getting multiple changes each game

2. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Really cant understand the meatheads on social media calling Morgan dog sh*t and the like. The man was captain when we won the Championship and Prem and should rightly be remembered as a legend of the club. Yes he is no longer as quick as he was but after he scored if that had been the final result the wolves (exscuse the pun) wouldn't be so vociferous in their abuse. Im sure he understands younger quicker players are coming up but he doesn't pick the team and if picked will always play to the best of his ability.

stevefox likes this.
  3. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Pre-Newport I actually thought Morgan was in the team through merit and was one of our form players. However, in recent weeks he has been absolute dross in my eyes. I just find Evans so much more calming

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We have been playing a higher line so we can push our midfielders further up the pitch. The disadvantage to this is that there is more space at the back and when Maguire went off, our back 4 became so slow and that accurate passers and fact moving attackers can exploit it like Wolves did - pity we didn't have Soyunku on the bench as even though he is still not over the culture shock, he is probably the fastest CB we have.

Ironically our next run of games against Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs could suit this back 4 as we will undoubtedly play more defensive so they will have less space to worry about.

With Puel really feeling the pressure, I doubt he will risk dropping the captain for Soyunku - hopefully will drop Simpson who offered barely anything going forward and forgot how to defend.

5. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

I think Wes Morgan has been superb overall this season. He starts badly with the red card but last 3-4 months has has been superb. Yesterday he got found out badly but he doesnt deserve abuse for it

6. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Last couple of months I agree but not overall - remember he got sent off twice at the beginning of the season, two yellows and the straight red due to bad tackles when he got caught out of position and it has taken him a while to get up to speed.

BTW is Soyunku still suffering from any injuries because it looks like he doesn't play for the reserves when he is out of the squad - know he had something when he first joined us but has he fully recovered?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  7. JohnTheFox

He’s been poor for the last few games. He’s a legend for what he’s done but just not up to standard to start for us if we want to achieve more. He was terrible at Newport against Jamille Matt too.
    The Wolves game was lost in centre mid. Watching the goals back it’s infuriating to see Mendy and Ndidi make no effort to put pressure on/close down Neves and watch him pick out those passes. It directly let to Jotas goal for 3-2 although Morgan was also at fault. Also for the winning goal with Chilwell and Evans out of position and Wes again nowhere to be seen. That and Simpson for the first goal, none of the defence or midfield covered themselves in glory

8. Proud Fox

The thing I dont get is we spend nearly £35M on defenders in Evans, Soyuncu and Benkovic and dont play them

Maguire and Evans should be first choice. With Morgan and Soyuncu back up

9. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

So, are you gonna tell big Wes he's not playing? <laugh>

But you are absolutely right. And especially now as we have nothing to aim for this season.

10. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Agree - next season a back 3 of Benkovic, Soyuncu and Maguire (f he's still here) with Chilwell and Pereira as wing backs is a fine thought <ok>

JohnTheFox likes this.

11. JohnTheFox

Agreed. Not that I think this should affect things, they are professional footballers after all but could it be because they both like to play on the left (Evans and Maguire). I know Evans is left footed but not Maguire. I never played CB myself (wing normally) but if others have, is it a drastic change to be on the other side of the two?

12. JohnTheFox

It is, someone tell Claude!

13. Proud Fox

Evans is right footed

I dont think there is a massive difference. Players normal like playing the oppostite side to what foot they are

Once you have played a few games there players get used to it

14. JohnTheFox

Listed as both here
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/jonny-evans/profil/spieler/42412
    Not sure why I thought he was a leftie...
    I agree they should, Evans and Maguire should be the first choice.